CFZ My Thoughts 12.20

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Micah is the first player since T.O to openly say the coaching is the problem while they were players on the team. I didn't like it then and don't now. While it's true you do no good saying that once they put a mic in your face. Have to be smarter.

While I can say there isn't a older Dak fan in here than me, I been on the train since before the Sr bowl and even mocked him in the 4th to the Cowboys starting with the first mock that yr and he stayed there. But his romoesc tendencies in "I can make every play" moments are growing old. I would be totally fine if Dallas walks after his deal is done if he doesn't already make it to the big game before current contact is up.

Kellen Moore still costing this team wins with stupid play calling sequences.

Dan Quinn seems to be either dealing with tired players or the injuries are piling up and I think is the·latter. Seems teams that can block long enough to have the dl get up the field and open up the pockets in front of Dallas' zone defense are the team killing this defense with screens and crossing routes.

These last weeks are going to do Dallas a favor in getting them healthy since they're basically a lock for the 5 seed and most likely playing TB. So if hope they get healthy and start game planning now.

Its infuriating that Moore abandons the run for what looks like boredom. Even when it's working. When Dallas plays run first teams just can't hang with this team. Goes back to what Micah said.

Think Dallas thought the jags game was in the bag and the coaches went to pack it in mode. When the momentum turned jags just kept it with Moore really not know what to do. On that int in overtime, Moore called a play that kept 3 wrs bunched up their entire route that kept their s open for that type pass.

Those that think that's on Dak have absolutely no clue bout this game.

I have no clue why DQ is abandoning the designed blitzes and going primarily with a 4 man rush. Why try to fix something that wasnt broke.

While this yr has been entertaining, it's just weird all the way around

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah is the first player since T.O to openly say the coaching is the problem while they were players on the team. I didn't like it then and don't now. While it's true you do no good saying that once they put a mic in your face. Have to be smarter.

While I can say there isn't a older Dak fan in here than me, I been on the train since before the Sr bowl and even mocked him in the 4th to the Cowboys starting with the first mock that yr and he stayed there. But his romoesc tendencies in "I can make every play" moments are growing old. I would be totally fine if Dallas walks after his deal is done if he doesn't already make it to the big game before current contact is up.

Dan Quinn seems to be either dealing with tired players or the injuries are piling up and I think is the·latter. Seems teams that can block long enough to have the dl get up the field and open up the pockets in front of Dallas' zone defense are the team killing this defense with screens and crossing routes.

These last weeks are going to do Dallas a favor in getting them healthy since they're basically a lock for the 5 seed and most likely playing TB. So if hope they get healthy and start game planning now.

Its infuriating that Moore abandons the run for what looks like boredom. Even when it's working. When Dallas plays run first teams just can't hang with this team. Goes back to what Micah said.

Think Dallas thought the jags game was in the bag and the coaches went to pack it in mode. When the momentum turned jags just kept it with Moore really not know what to do. On that int in overtime, Moore called a play that kept 3 wrs bunched up their entire route that kept their s open for that type pass.

Those that think that's on Dak have absolutely no clue bout this game.

I have no clue why DQ is abandoning the designed blitzes and going primarily with a 4 man rush. Why try to fix something that wasnt broke.

While this yr has been entertaining, it's just weird all the way around
What are you talking about? Parsons criticizing the coaches?

If that happened there would be a 20 page thread about it on CZ...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Parsons criticizing the coaches?

If that happened there would be a 20 page thread about it on CZ...
There is. You think Micah saying the game plan needs adjusting in game is calling out jerry?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
There is. You think Micah saying the game plan needs adjusting in game is calling out jerry?
Can you link that thread? Only one I see is him pointing out someone jumped on his neck.

EDIT -

Found this quote:

"“We’re not getting traditional looks, way more chips, ball’s coming out way faster,” Parsons said. “We gotta expect that and change our game plan.”"

If you think that's calling out the coaches you gotta turn down that sensitivity meter.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I love it!!!!! Yet? Do they really need to say it??? Why can't Jerry see it:facepalm:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Can you link that thread? Only one I see is him pointing out someone jumped on his neck.

EDIT -

Found this quote:

"“We’re not getting traditional looks, way more chips, ball’s coming out way faster,” Parsons said. “We gotta expect that and change our game plan.”"

If you think that's calling out the coaches you gotta turn down that sensitivity meter.

Hard to call out your coaching when there is no coaching to call out......

Creeper

Reaction score
I think even if they rest injured players. They need Tyron to play alongside Martin a few games until they are working together as well as Steele and Martin were.

I think they need to work on who is going to be their other outside CB, or if they decide to stick with Joseph they better coach him up bigtime.

I also think they need Dak to work with whoever is going to be the 4 WRs. I am not down on Brown by the way. He made one bad play on an otherwise good day for him. If Dak made a better throw on that long 3rd down pass, I think Brown was in position to catch it. But the Ball was out of bounds.

I think Parsons is right. If teams are going to be throwing a lot of quick passes they need to change up the coverages to now allow easy 7 yards passes underneath.

Watching video of the Jags I noted two things. The Jags DL has some quick speedy rushers. Arden Key killed them all day. I think the Jags DL and the 49ers DL are similar. The Cowboys id okay against the Jags but they will need to be better against the 49ers.

The injuries hurt in little ways. Missing Jake Ferguson's blocking. I like Hendershot in teh passing game but Ferguson is just a bit better in the run game.

Dak can't run anymore. There was a time when Dak could leave the pocket and run around the outside to get 10 yards. Those days are gone. He is lucky if he gets back to the LOS now.

Dak is what he is, a $30 million QB getting paid $40 million. But he can't seem to throw the long ball anymore, so I get the comparisons to Romo. But Dak was good enough to beat the Jags. That was a team lost up and down the roster and the coaches office. With the game on the line the team folded.

On the other hand, after the Cowboys lost to BG, a team I thought the Cowboys should have beaten by 2 TD, the Cowboys came back in a big way beating the Vikings on the road. If the Cowboys do that to the Eagles this week, this Jags game will be forgotten and set aside as just an off day. I am skeptical with all the injuries that can pull of another game like that but it's not like the Eagles clobbered the Bears.