CFZ My Thoughts 12.27

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dak played the best game of his life. Dak had the worst start he could've and with the sounds on the sidelines video up you can see him talking to the offense and taking full responsibility, assuring them that's not happening again. And he went into halftime going 15 for 16. He played with the pocket awareness people here say he doesn't have. Kurt Warner made a video on YouTube on daks game vs the eagles and its amazing just how good Dak reads the field, and how he reads the defense presnap. When Dak was drafted we heard over everything his greatest asset was his leadership, and that was spot on. Dak is 7-1 vs teams with a winning record. Tops in the nfl.

Who would've thought losing Vander would be a big deal, but it is. Clark is better at everything except for the thing that matters most and that's getting off blocks.

3rd and 30, the outcome is a perfectly thrown 52 yrd first down. It's crazy that Dak hit Hilton perfectly, nobody else had a shot at that ball. They need to really start inserting Hilton more. I know it more about him getting in football shape, and learning the system. But he needs more snap. Lining him up on the same side with lamb in the slot would be the best thing for this offense. There's no slot cb that can cover lamb. And he's showing that every week.

Daron Bland plays with Darrell Revis type attitude. He was always physical and liked to get at it with wrs. Once Bland gets the exp and understand tendencies Dallas might have the best cb duo in the nfl. Slay and Bradberry aren't that much better than them right now.

Parsons showed veteran awareness beyond his experience in getting that timeout called. Guy is such a smart player. I'm starting to read things like parson sounds like a mad teenager. No he sounds like a guy who knows how to work, and isn't afraid to call out things. You know accountability which these same people always ask for.

Elliot looks really fresh. He's not going to break any 60 yarders but it looks like nobody wants to have to tackle him right now.

By the time this team gets to the playoffs the ol should have enough time together with tyron that they should be running full stride.

Hate him or not you have to tip your hat to Moore for his playcalling vs the eagles. And if you know me and know how much that hurts to type that.

I've been hearing all these excuses for the eagles in media. Not one mention that the Cowboys are inserting a guy who just came off ir at rt a spot he hasn't played since his rookie yr. A wr who was just signed. Losing 2 of your 3 cb starters. Losing your nt, your de who gets sacks in the 2nd group. Your starting lber. Your safeties playing with injuries and sicknesses. You don't realize how much Dallas is dealing with until you write it down. People been asking what's wrong with the defense all you have to do is read what I just wrote.

Sydla

Reaction score
Agree with much of this but the Elliott thing I don't get. If we are just going off this past game, I thought he (and Pollard) looked blah. Elliott averaged 3.4 ypc and overall the team only averaged like 3.7 ypc. If I am trying to find a game to praise our TBs, especially Elliott, this wasn't the one that would stick out. The offense was largely all about Dak and the WRs this past game.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Dak played the best game of his life. Dak had the worst start he could've and with the sounds on the sidelines video up you can see him talking to the offense and taking full responsibility, assuring them that's not happening again. And he went into halftime going 15 for 16. He played with the pocket awareness people here say he doesn't have. Kurt Warner made a video on YouTube on daks game vs the eagles and its amazing just how good Dak reads the field, and how he reads the defense presnap. When Dak was drafted we heard over everything his greatest asset was his leadership, and that was spot on. Dak is 7-1 vs teams with a winning record. Tops in the nfl.

Who would've thought losing Vander would be a big deal, but it is. Clark is better at everything except for the thing that matters most and that's getting off blocks.

3rd and 30, the outcome is a perfectly thrown 52 yrd first down. It's crazy that Dak hit Hilton perfectly, nobody else had a shot at that ball. They need to really start inserting Hilton more. I know it more about him getting in football shape, and learning the system. But he needs more snap. Lining him up on the same side with lamb in the slot would be the best thing for this offense. There's no slot cb that can cover lamb. And he's showing that every week.

Daron Bland plays with Darrell Revis type attitude. He was always physical and liked to get at it with wrs. Once Bland gets the exp and understand tendencies Dallas might have the best cb duo in the nfl. Slay and Bradberry aren't that much better than them right now.

Parsons showed veteran awareness beyond his experience in getting that timeout called. Guy is such a smart player. I'm starting to read things like parson sounds like a mad teenager. No he sounds like a guy who knows how to work, and isn't afraid to call out things. You know accountability which these same people always ask for.

Elliot looks really fresh. He's not going to break any 60 yarders but it looks like nobody wants to have to tackle him right now.

By the time this team gets to the playoffs the ol should have enough time together with tyron that they should be running full stride.

Hate him or not you have to tip your hat to Moore for his playcalling vs the eagles. And if you know me and know how much that hurts to type that.

I've been hearing all these excuses for the eagles in media. Not one mention that the Cowboys are inserting a guy who just came off ir at rt a spot he hasn't played since his rookie yr. A wr who was just signed. Losing 2 of your 3 cb starters. Losing your nt, your de who gets sacks in the 2nd group. Your starting lber. Your safeties playing with injuries and sicknesses. You don't realize how much Dallas is dealing with until you write it down. People been asking what's wrong with the defense all you have to do is read what I just wrote.
Yep injuries have decimated our defence
Put up a thread about it last week.
They are the walking wounded.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Yep injuries have decimated our defence
Put up a thread about it last week.
They are the walking wounded.

The injury to brown hurt more than Lewis, because you have Bland. But Joseph bad play had the team scrambling to fix the problem. And I think they fixed it with moving Bland outside and inserting Wright. They still have some things from time to time but they got two weeks to get on it before the playoffs. Think they just need these two to play tighter and will force qbs to hold the ball longer allowing the rush to get there. Because right now qbs are getting the snap and letting it out. Dallas being off the wrs is allowing the quick hitters for 3-6 yrds. It's not big hits but it's a guaranteed comp, and the better wrs making these guys pay with that little opening they're getting with that off coverage getting big gains

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The injury to brown hurt more than Lewis, because you have Bland. But Joseph bad play had the team scrambling to fix the problem. And I think they fixed it with moving Bland outside and inserting Wright. They still have some things from time to time but they got two weeks to get on it before the playoffs. Think they just need these two to play tighter and will force qbs to hold the ball longer allowing the rush to get there. Because right now qbs are getting the snap and letting it out. Dallas being off the wrs is allowing the quick hitters for 3-6 yrds. It's not big hits but it's a guaranteed comp, and the better wrs making these guys pay with that little opening they're getting with that off coverage getting big gains
Great observation.
Problem is , you can't fix talent.
You can scheme to minimize the lack of talent, but can only do so much.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
So , do you feel Wright has the talent to be a positive contributor?
I do. His rookie yr in preseason he was getting meaningful snaps and he was playing really good. But with Diggs, brown and Lewis they were set. And they've been set until these injuries came up. Wright is going to make some plays in the playoffs watch. He just needs snaps

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I do. His rookie yr in preseason he was getting meaningful snaps and he was playing really good. But with Diggs, brown and Lewis they were set. And they've been set until these injuries came up. Wright is going to make some plays in the playoffs watch. He just needs snaps
Great to hear!
I value your opinion.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Agree with much of this but the Elliott thing I don't get. If we are just going off this past game, I thought he (and Pollard) looked blah. Elliott averaged 3.4 ypc and overall the team only averaged like 3.7 ypc. If I am trying to find a game to praise our TBs, especially Elliott, this wasn't the one that would stick out. The offense was largely all about Dak and the WRs this past game.

Dallas Avg.3.7 ypc first of all thats a first down. Secondly if Dak has an Achilles heel (No pun intended) it's predictability. Point is when teams are trying to stop the run game Dak is just better. They didn't look blah the looked efficient. Elliott's

21 yrd run was a thing of beauty. Look at it this way 30 x 3.7 yrds is 111 yards that's more than respectable 110 ruushing 280 pass that's 390 yrds of offense or close to 400 I'll take it and we'll win most games with that kind of production

Sydla

Reaction score
Dallas Avg.3.7 ypc first of all thats a first down. Secondly if Dak has an Achilles heel (No pun intended) it's predictability. Point is when teams are trying to stop the run game Dak is just better. They didn't look blah the looked efficient. Elliott's

21 yrd run was a thing of beauty. Look at it this way 30 x 3.7 yrds is 111 yards that's more than respectable 110 ruushing 280 pass that's 390 yrds of offense or close to 400 I'll take it and we'll win most games with that kind of production

This is rationalizing what was a fairly mundane rushing performance.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
No it really isn't . I could see you thinking that if you wanna see something , you'll see it. I remember Greg Olsen call for Dallas to keep letting Dak cook. I was like oh hell no run the damn football. Dallas did and the passing Game flourished

So no, it's not rationalizing a mundane performance, it's 53 players, 1 team , 1 goal, 1 victory.

But hey that's just the way i see it

Qcard

Reaction score

:hammer:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Not trying to diminish the throw by Dak, but Hilton said he could have gone faster if he needed to, which by implication means that he tracked the ball well, adjusting his speed as needed to run under it. It was a really good throw, but an even better play by a veteran receiver to understand how to measure where he needed to be to make that catch.

It reminds of some back-shoulder throws by Dak to Noah Brown, where Brown just made the throw look awful when it was not. Sometimes, a throw that looks good is because of how the receiver adjusted to it and sometimes a throw that looks bad is because the receiver adjusted poorly.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score

Ditto. No one rides Moore as I do. But he called a great game against the Eagles, though I do want him to find some way to use Turpin beyond trick plays. But I digress. I'll give him his credit.

And I only hope he proves me wrong in the playoffs, on the road in a hostile situation...hoping his best yet to come (especially in the 1st quarter).

ESisback

Reaction score

I think you nailed it.