CFZ My Thoughts 2.1

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The offseason has been pure comedy for me and started even before that. And just ended with one day with the norms trashing Moore, to the next day because they heard the very same people they claim they can't stand on espn saying Moore is a up and coming coach Yada yada, now all of the sudden they same people who 24 hrs before hated Moore, now they're all about how they know he's a better coach wa wa wa... Then these same fans in another thread question Parsons loyalty. So thanks for the laughs, you know who you are lol

So, Stephen has come out and said Dallas is open to extending Dak. Why? And I really mean that why? But then you have Jerry talking about they need to be drafting qbs every yr. This is why I think Jerry has never been fully behind Dak. Little subtle jabs, and goes back to his rookie yr when he wouldn't name him starter when asked, always said Romo is the starter when he comes back. The whole contract thing, Elliot got his money early even. Even had the whole suspension issues and Jerry was right behind and in front of Elliot defending him. I have never seen or heard of moment that I felt Jerry was 100% behind Dak. Just my opinion.

So, IDK bout the whole extension. Not really smart this yr. Let him play and decide next offseason. Where if it's not what you want you can get out next yr, or extend him.

It's crazy just how much Lamb grew after missing that would be wide open TD. From that point on this guy was a machine. He needs help, it's insane that he almost had 50% of the WR production. Get him a speed guy to go with Gallup and they're back in business.

I don't see how this yr can't not be a offensive draft. RB, WR, TE, OL, QB all need to be addressed in this draft. And IMO, RB is the biggest need. Elliot is on his last wheel rotation and he knows it. Hence the early reports of him wanted to stay in Dallas and willing to take a pay cut. He's one of the most entitled athletes in sports so him saying that is clear that he knows he's bout done. And IDC how good Pollard was this yr, he's not going to be the same player in 2023 unless he turned into Adrian Peterson. He's going to give you the spotty play like Gallup basically. From what fisher was saying that ankle injury was nasty.

Vander Esch had a really good season, but you all talk about progress stoppers, and this is exactly what he will be if brought back. Clark played and showed alot for a guy coming off that injury. He didn't show any physical limitations, he just looked like a very talented lber who didn't have a training camp or preseason. He's gonna be OK and him and Micah, wow. Talk about sideline to sideline speed.

The DL is going to look a little different this coming season, couple new faces. But I think the majority will be back, hopefully the one guy they bring back is Hankins. The more he played with this DL the better he got. The niners really struggled with him. As much as I like digi, I just don't think he's strong enough to do what Dallas needs him to.

Coaching is what's held this team back for yrs. I'm not gonna say McCarthy has control, but it kinda looks like they gave it to him this offseason. You can never convince me firing Moore idea came from Jerry. He probably loved him more than he did Romo lol. Hey change is good, atleast they didn't wait 10 yrs this time. And shut up with Moore wasn't the problem if you're going to start. He was a big problem, from the 21 to the 21 he was nice. Inside the 20 he was the worst play calling coach I have ever seen. He might be smart, can talk x and os with the best of them, but all I know is when Dallas has needed a big play in the playoffs his calls have been trash. So take him LA, and enjoy him.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
My thoughts,

Well, if you want some silver lining think about this you can’t argue that things have been very different it may have started slowly but with Mike McCarthy seemingly is being given more power and flexibility along with Quinn to do things that Jerry’s uncomfortable with and has not done in the past sensei Bill Parcells

One I mean they cut Nolan after his first season which they usually don’t coaches in one year into their contracts.

Then they cut Jalen Smith midseason with all that money left on his contract how often does that happen, I thought we said that’s one of Jaylons buddies the whole sunglass narrative is also a farce they cut him anyway.

Then you watch the off-season they cut a lot of players Amari Cooper being the biggest name but letting go of Collins and Connor Williams the kicker and many others seem like a lot more than Jerry normally would do...

Given that we also saw him during the last part of the season during a run going out and trying to pick up free agents guys I know we’re on the street but they were trying to fix problems late in the year normally they were just like their guys and standpat and really not bringing lotta new people they probably in the past with a role with Joseph and all the young guys and not went out and made changes

But the fact is we saw them do so.

Now, this off-season is all of it of surprised that they let all those defensive coach is go but then turn around and get rid of Kellen Moore which is the biggest surprise because the other narrative was Kellen Moore was Jerry’s prodigal son he’s going to have a lifetime contract like Jason Garrett and was going to be the next head coach here that was almost guaranteed narrative being thrown around the last three years that Jerry stuck Mike McCarthy with more etc.

Well that didn’t happen so getting all these facts and it’s being done after we’ve won more games in the last two regular season than any other team in the NFL we got to the second round of the playoffs and typically you would think Jerry Jones will be OK with that and not make any changes he be comfortable right the old narrative he just trying to sell tickets just about marketing then why would you make all these changes and bring Dan Quinn back because you thought maybe with all those defensive coach’s got cut damn queen was probably leaving well that didn’t happen so getting all these facts and it’s being done after we’ve won more games in the last two regular season than any other team in the NFL we got to the second round of the playoffs and typically you would think Jerry Jones will be OK with that and not make any changes he be comfortable right the old narrative he just trying to sell tickets just about marketing then why would you make all these changes and bring Dan Quinn back because you thought maybe when all those defensive coaches got cut , Quinn was probably leaving...

That’s not the case we’re seeing Jerry maybe in the midst of a crisis doing things he usually is no not to do.

So I feel like there’s a chance this off-season he might make a couple bigger moves and he’s used to...

If you saw how emotional he was the things he was saying right after the game, it seems to me that he’s more upset and emotional than usual and then you saw the coaching changes and now maybe that also is a little bit change of philosophy for the free agency.

So as much as people want to keep saying that Jerry will never change, I’m saying the last three seasons he trusts Mike McCarthy and he’s doing things differently it may not be dramatic like fans want to see but while winning while going to the playoffs he’s making changes he normally would not have.

the old if it aint broke, dont fix it person seems to have shifted.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
My thoughts,

Well, if you want some silver lining think about this you can’t argue that things have been very different it may have started slowly but with Mike McCarthy seemingly is being given more power and flexibility along with Quinn to do things that Jerry’s uncomfortable with and has not done in the past sensei Bill Parcells

One I mean they cut Nolan after his first season which they usually don’t coaches in one year into their contracts.

Then they cut Jalen Smith midseason with all that money left on his contract how often does that happen, I thought we said that’s one of Jaylons buddies the whole sunglass narrative is also a farce they cut him anyway.

Then you watch the off-season they cut a lot of players Amari Cooper being the biggest name but letting go of Collins and Connor Williams the kicker and many others seem like a lot more than Jerry normally would do...

Given that we also saw him during the last part of the season during a run going out and trying to pick up free agents guys I know we’re on the street but they were trying to fix problems late in the year normally they were just like their guys and standpat and really not bringing lotta new people they probably in the past with a role with Joseph and all the young guys and not went out and made changes

But the fact is we saw them do so.

Now, this off-season is all of it of surprised that they let all those defensive coach is go but then turn around and get rid of Kellen Moore which is the biggest surprise because the other narrative was Kellen Moore was Jerry’s prodigal son he’s going to have a lifetime contract like Jason Garrett and was going to be the next head coach here that was almost guaranteed narrative being thrown around the last three years that Jerry stuck Mike McCarthy with more etc.

Well that didn’t happen so getting all these facts and it’s being done after we’ve won more games in the last two regular season than any other team in the NFL we got to the second round of the playoffs and typically you would think Jerry Jones will be OK with that and not make any changes he be comfortable right the old narrative he just trying to sell tickets just about marketing then why would you make all these changes and bring Dan Quinn back because you thought maybe with all those defensive coach’s got cut damn queen was probably leaving well that didn’t happen so getting all these facts and it’s being done after we’ve won more games in the last two regular season than any other team in the NFL we got to the second round of the playoffs and typically you would think Jerry Jones will be OK with that and not make any changes he be comfortable right the old narrative he just trying to sell tickets just about marketing then why would you make all these changes and bring Dan Quinn back because you thought maybe when all those defensive coaches got cut , Quinn was probably leaving...

That’s not the case we’re seeing Jerry maybe in the midst of a crisis doing things he usually is no not to do.

So I feel like there’s a chance this off-season he might make a couple bigger moves and he’s used to...

If you saw how emotional he was the things he was saying right after the game, it seems to me that he’s more upset and emotional than usual and then you saw the coaching changes and now maybe that also is a little bit change of philosophy for the free agency.

So as much as people want to keep saying that Jerry will never change, I’m saying the last three seasons he trusts Mike McCarthy and he’s doing things differently it may not be dramatic like fans want to see but while winning while going to the playoffs he’s making changes he normally would not have.

the old if it aint broke, dont fix it person seems to have shifted.
I just want a sb. Idc how they get it, who's coaching, who's playing. Just win it and try to win it again

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I disagree about LVE. He was always a mid first round draft pick.
Clark, even before his injury was considered a 2nd rounder. LVE was a stud this past year. It would be a mistake to let him go and simply hope Clark can fill that void. Personally, LVE is my MLB and I hope Clark replaces Barr.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Quinn loves Lve, said he was their most improved player, think they would like to keep him. Like to address DT/WR before the draft and then get a CB, followed by a full offensive draft class.

jrumann59

Reaction score
How can LVE be a progress stopper at 5 years. I consider a progress stopper a vet a that is banking on his name and past performance and usually a shell of themselves.

Staubacher

Reaction score
LVE a progress stopper is a stupid take. The defense cratered when he was out and regained it's form when he returned. Micah loves him.

So yeah let's show him the door he's just clogging things up.

And you started your post whining about other posters bad takes?

Pentagruel

Reaction score
Good post. I enjoy reading anything with some legitimate thoughts about the cowboys, however, I disagree with some of your points.

One thing I do agree with is that both Pollard and Zeke could or should be moved on from. I think Pollard will still be good but he will command too much money to be worth the risk and Zeke is cooked. I also agree with your opinion of CD and his progression and the need for a WR with speed to put alongside him.

I totally disagree about LvE however. He is not a progress stopped at all, he is basically in his prime. Clark can’t hold a candle to him and that was patently obvious as the season progressed when LvE missed time. My biggest worry about LvE is his injury history, but he is light years ahead of a player like Clark and likely always will be. I also don’t agree with your assessment of Moore either. I think there were issues but red-zone production was definitely not one of them. They were one of the top red-zone offenses in the league. I just think there was a fatal inconsistency with the offense which is what ended the Cowboys’ season. How much that’s on Dak and how much is on Moore remains to be seen.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I just want a sb. Idc how they get it, who's coaching, who's playing. Just win it and try to win it again

Fur sure, I'm that same way. I think the biggest thing is going to be what moves do we make this offseason. What's our move at kicker? A lot of games can come down to a field goal or XP, especially in terms of momentum. I think the signing of a NT is going to be key. I like the plan on offense, especially if we can add another WR or two. I like that, instead of curls, we will probably see more slants and posts. This allows the ball to keep moving forward. It allows the receiver to be still on the run when he gets the ball instead of having to stop, turn around, catch, and then have to try to get another head of steam going. It also removes that hesitation that a DB can use to gauge where the ball is going and intercept it. I think that concept should help reduce the interceptions.

quickccc

Reaction score
The offseason has been pure comedy for me and started even before that. And just ended with one day with the norms trashing Moore, to the next day because they heard the very same people they claim they can't stand on espn saying Moore is a up and coming coach Yada yada, now all of the sudden they same people who 24 hrs before hated Moore, now they're all about how they know he's a better coach wa wa wa... Then these same fans in another thread question Parsons loyalty. So thanks for the laughs, you know who you are lol

So, Stephen has come out and said Dallas is open to extending Dak. Why? And I really mean that why? But then you have Jerry talking about they need to be drafting qbs every yr. This is why I think Jerry has never been fully behind Dak. Little subtle jabs, and goes back to his rookie yr when he wouldn't name him starter when asked, always said Romo is the starter when he comes back. The whole contract thing, Elliot got his money early even. Even had the whole suspension issues and Jerry was right behind and in front of Elliot defending him. I have never seen or heard of moment that I felt Jerry was 100% behind Dak. Just my opinion.

So, IDK bout the whole extension. Not really smart this yr. Let him play and decide next offseason. Where if it's not what you want you can get out next yr, or extend him.

It's crazy just how much Lamb grew after missing that would be wide open TD. From that point on this guy was a machine. He needs help, it's insane that he almost had 50% of the WR production. Get him a speed guy to go with Gallup and they're back in business.

I don't see how this yr can't not be a offensive draft. RB, WR, TE, OL, QB all need to be addressed in this draft. And IMO, RB is the biggest need. Elliot is on his last wheel rotation and he knows it. Hence the early reports of him wanted to stay in Dallas and willing to take a pay cut. He's one of the most entitled athletes in sports so him saying that is clear that he knows he's bout done. And IDC how good Pollard was this yr, he's not going to be the same player in 2023 unless he turned into Adrian Peterson. He's going to give you the spotty play like Gallup basically. From what fisher was saying that ankle injury was nasty.

Vander Esch had a really good season, but you all talk about progress stoppers, and this is exactly what he will be if brought back. Clark played and showed alot for a guy coming off that injury. He didn't show any physical limitations, he just looked like a very talented lber who didn't have a training camp or preseason. He's gonna be OK and him and Micah, wow. Talk about sideline to sideline speed.

The DL is going to look a little different this coming season, couple new faces. But I think the majority will be back, hopefully the one guy they bring back is Hankins. The more he played with this DL the better he got. The niners really struggled with him. As much as I like digi, I just don't think he's strong enough to do what Dallas needs him to.

Coaching is what's held this team back for yrs. I'm not gonna say McCarthy has control, but it kinda looks like they gave it to him this offseason. You can never convince me firing Moore idea came from Jerry. He probably loved him more than he did Romo lol. Hey change is good, atleast they didn't wait 10 yrs this time. And shut up with Moore wasn't the problem if you're going to start. He was a big problem, from the 21 to the 21 he was nice. Inside the 20 he was the worst play calling coach I have ever seen. He might be smart, can talk x and os with the best of them, but all I know is when Dallas has needed a big play in the playoffs his calls have been trash. So take him LA, and enjoy him.

quickccc

Reaction score

Thanks for Sharing ...

My thoughts and rebuttal: :cool:

- Kellen Moore does what he does best – it has it’s pluses but it has it’s minuses too. Along with other matters, his minuses manage to limit us – and it’s ended our season vs the very same team in playoffs at that

- In fairness, I think he had to water down and hold back some specialities (no huddle, multi-pre snap motion and formations, etc) as to lessen the confusion, make it comfortable for Dak’s confidence. ..but even THAT backfired on Kellen as Dak still had more struggles than ever with career high INTs (led NFL)

- What added more to Kellen’s struggles- he limits the potential of our RBs – both in run game and in pass game. He hates RBs screen passes- and had very little patience and know how in developing RB screens. The wheel route vs Vikes and drag route vs Lions for TDs is only times I can recall he put together receiving package for speedy Pollard- our most explosive offensive player. Otherwise it’s been simple dump offs.

- Kellen was not a week to week situational OC, good showing this week vs Philly at home, and then a WTH showing vs Tenn and Washington, etc. .
.and then what the heck happens in the playoffs vs Niners, 2 years in a row !

- More and more- i believe the new OL coach and RB coach and OC play caller for McCarthy will be significant in new, better run game design scheme
..and better utilizing RB in pass game. We were so simplistic and bland per run scheme ... and Kellen hated RB screens and very limited RB in pass game.

quickccc

Reaction score
- Not a great WR 2023 draft class – will take some McClay project work and last time that happen was the Tolbert pick. If at first, we don’t succeed…
what I don’t want is another James Washington back of depth chart scrub FA signing,
this is why he was stuck on Steelers bottom depth chart- yet folks blamed Big Ben ..lol

- Not an encouraging FA class for WR either- which has me more looking at free agent OJ Beckham
Pros: a speed-move WR with vertical skils & alpha male persona who wouldn’t cost us a high draft pick and we can negotiate him out on our terms-
Cons: would he still be ACL recovery mode as Gallup was in ’22 ? Also would OBJ turned into a malcontent diva ? (traded from 2 different teams) and he’s had 2 ACL tears…
Should we consider a incentive laden, clause filled contract with OBJ..?

- We need two new big splash WRs added. Beckham and another draft WR in 2nd or 3rd.I'm not for gambling on return health of Gallup and development of Tolbert.
- Watch for speedy TE in mid rds (per compensatory?) McCarthy has always coveted speedy TEs - ala Jared Cook, Jimmie Graham, Jermichael Finley.etc.
and this is considered a strong TE class.

- Zeke ? dude is slooow, and lumbering now- Later stage Eddie Lacy 2.0 at this stage. Hard to get excited about him unless he’s at goal line.
He’ll be more FB (Kuhn-like) than a huge splash playmaker. Jones good ole boy fav if he stays per reduced contract.

- Per Pollard is not nor should be expected A.Peterson like pounder banger. He’s more in McCaffrey, Kamara, Aaron Jones mold.
And his game is predicated off touches in run/pass all purpose not rushing yards.
I hope no one is expecting TP to be an NFL rushing leader ? Think Pollard as McCaffrey/not A.P.

quickccc

Reaction score

- I disagree with Jerry not supporting Dak- Draft a QB every year ? Believe it to see it.
I think that means more Mike White, Ben DiNucci and Stephen McGees in mid to late rd projects than a legit challenging heir apparent.

- Defensively i think CB, LB or DL: expect team to invest in either Israel M. or 2nd yr Markus Bell to replace out-priced Donavan Wilson.
Also this is Kearse last contract year; Dorace is gonna be out-priced too, 100% re-signing Hankins, expect another 1-tech type in late rounds

- Run defense will have to more up to snuff - it cost us losses..

- Quinn has to figure a better scheme and way of utlizing Micah without burning him down - not getting one on one with 340+ OTs every down basis. He probably should have the
Von Miller- Hasson Riddick off the ball role ...