MySa Blog: Two game plans for Cowboys?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's one of the questions Wade Phillips got hit with during his media briefing this morning: Do the Cowboys need two game plans for Sunday's game against Pittsburgh - one with Marion Barber playing and one with him inactive?

If Barber doesn't play because of his injured pinkie toe, rookie Tashard Choice will start. Here's what Phillips had to say:

"I don’t know that it will change a tremendous amount because their style of running is similar," Phillips said. "Felix Jones' style of running was different obviously. I don't think the plays will be that much different if Tashard plays and Marion were not to play. You'd probably count more on the passing game with your backup running back (in there), but I've seen cases where the backup running backs come in and has big games. And we think Tashard is a good back. I think it will be similar."

Comments [0 Posted]: Read - Post

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Although he wasn't going to say anything different I do think he was being honest. I don't think it will change a lot to start with. Then it will change during the game as it should...whatever that is.