N. Charleston, SC: Oct 1 Game @ TN

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Does anyone live in the Charleston, SC area? I will be out of town in a conference in SC and I'm trying to find a sports bar to watch the game. I want to find a real sports bar. Not a hole in the wall. I'm not having any luck on the internet because they aren't showing any pictures.

My conference is at the Embassy Suites. I located some places called The End Zone, Halftime Sports Bar & Grill, Winners Choice, Divot's, KC Mulligans, etc ... short of calling each one and asking questions, I can't determine what's the best choice. I've found that even when you call them, they think because they have 5 TV's turned to ESPN they have all your needs fulfilled.

I need help. I'm not trying to miss that game.

chargrove

Reaction score
My advice would be to try and find one that claims to have the NFL Sunday Ticket on Directv, which means you'll either have to score some info about them online or take ten minutes to make a few phone calls. Also, you might consider asking at the hotel. I know Embassy Suites usually has a list of places around the hotel, which is what I'd prefer if I didn't want to venture too far away from it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
get off I-26 at the 203 exit and head east. Take a right at the first lite past the Burger King onto Crowfield. Go to the deadend/light. Take a right and turn into the strip mall on the immediate right. I think it's at the first light. When you turn right off Crowfield Blvd you are on 176 or St. James Blvd in Goose Creek SC 29455. There is a sports bar in the strip mall right middle. I think it's called Halftime as you listed. Get there early as it's small and will be very crowded. There are many TVs there altho many are small. There are 10+ steady Cowboys fans there every week the game is not televised. Huge Bear crowd and very rowdy. Often a lot of cussing going on and it's smokey most times. pm me with your address there and I'll try to get u there a better way if there is one. Try the hamburger steak. Most anything is pretty good. Good wings too.

Do not speed, do Califormia stops, etc. They are tough in Goose Creek.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
jobberone said:
get off I-26 at the 203 exit and head east. Take a right at the first lite past the Burger King onto Crowfield. Go to the deadend/light. Take a right and turn into the strip mall on the immediate right. I think it's at the first light. When you turn right off Crowfield Blvd you are on 176 or St. James Blvd in Goose Creek SC 29455. There is a sports bar in the strip mall right middle. I think it's called Halftime as you listed. Get there early as it's small and will be very crowded. There are many TVs there altho many are small. There are 10+ steady Cowboys fans there every week the game is not televised. Huge Bear crowd and very rowdy. Often a lot of cussing going on and it's smokey most times. pm me with your address there and I'll try to get u there a better way if there is one. Try the hamburger steak. Most anything is pretty good. Good wings too.

Do not speed, do Califormia stops, etc. They are tough in Goose Creek.

I love you man!!!!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
There are a ton of sports bars in Charelston or Mt Pleasant. Ask around, they are easy to find.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
There are a ton of sports bars in Charelston or Mt Pleasant. Ask around, they are easy to find.

I know, but I want the cushy ones ... not the hole in the walls ;)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
This is more a hole in the wall than cushy. If you want cushy go down Ashley Phosphate Rd away from 52/Rivers Avenue and the mall. At the corner of Ashley Phosphate and Dorchester Rd there is supposedly a cushy bar. I've never been. You might better PM me if you are particular.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
There is another big one near the Civic center but it's always packed. Be there very early for this one. There is another in the southbound lane of Hwy 17 in Mt Pleasant between the bridge and 526. It's cushy but TV limited.