Name one team

Deefens

Reaction score
that you really think could win a game with Brad Johnson starting. Deciding to go with him as the back-up was stupid, and the coaches have done a poor job adjusting to having about a quarter of the starters out... but killing all the players and coaches does not seem fair IMHO. I see an article now by the idiot JJT saying Wade and Jerry ruined the team Bill built... unbelievable.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Deefens;2396404 said:
that you really think could win a game with Brad Johnson starting. Deciding to go with him as the back-up was stupid, and the coaches have done a poor job adjusting to having about a quarter of the starters out... but killing all the players and coaches does not seem fair IMHO. I see an article now by the idiot JJT saying Wade and Jerry ruined the team Bill built... unbelievable.

2002 Bucs :D

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
umm...any team playing the Lions.

Sorry...changed my mind. No team could win with him starting. IT WAS A MIRACLE that we beat the Bucs.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Deefens;2396404 said:

Cowboys and Titans. The Cowboys beat the Bucs with him and with the Titans running game and defense they could win a game too.

Deefens

Reaction score
I know we beat the Bucs, but that was a miraculous team effort looking back on it. You can say the Titans could do it, but they have had close games even with Collins playing about a million times better than BJ. I'd like to see even the Titans run with ZERO threat of the pass. Point is, I don't think lack of effort is the problem and it's sucks to read the fans attacking the team like they're not working hard enough. Mike Jenkins looked like a coward and that play bothers me as much as the next, but who knows what went through his head.. maybe he just froze. Not about to hate him for a mistake... do it again and that's a different story. I don't believe that type of play personifies this team.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Deefens;2396404 said:
that you really think could win a game with Brad Johnson starting.

That depends on how quickly in the game they bench him, and who they bring in after him.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Brad is a noodle-armed never was QB. I honestly don't see why teams keep signing him, while guys like Daunte Culpepper struggle to find a job somewhere. It's baffling.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Jacksonville, but they actually have a great defense, solid special teams, an awesome OL, and two healthy rbs.

:D

But even they couldn't have won against the Giants with Brad. However, I have to admit I laughed when thinking of all the guys crying for Bollinger when he threw his first pass.

Brad started the game looking even better for the 3rd week in a row...he threw some nice balls early...to Crayton for one, and the long pass to Roy Williams was absolutely perfect...he was looking good until the overthrew that freakin' slant to TO which was intercepted...the one later to Witten that was picked off was just a really bad decision under pressure.

It's not really his age or even his arm strength...it's shaking off the rust of standing on the sidelines for 2-3 years and suddenly being thrown into the NFL again behind a crappy OL.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Extreme;2396799 said:
Brad is a noodle-armed never was QB. I honestly don't see why teams keep signing him, while guys like Daunte Culpepper struggle to find a job somewhere. It's baffling.

That's actually Culpepper's fault...don't let his girly whining fool you. Teams supposedly inquired, but he wouldn't sign as a backup or for backup money. He wanted to be the starter and he wanted to be paid the big money...that's why no one wanted him.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2396799 said:

yeah.....

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
wayne motley;2396829 said:
That's actually Culpepper's fault...don't let his girly whining fool you. Teams supposedly inquired, but he wouldn't sign as a backup or for backup money. He wanted to be the starter and he wanted to be paid the big money...that's why no one wanted him.
Oh, I know what a whiny brat he is, but only he and the teams know the whole story. On the Dallas/NY game yesterday, they claim he just signed with someone, I think the lions, but they claim he was holding out for a multi-year deal, and nobody wanted to offer him more than a year. Either way, his production really fell off when he hurt his knee and lost Moss the same year.