Names on the Jerseys

dfense

Reaction score
Will it be R E WILLIAMS ROY E WILLIAMS ? I hope both Roy's don't have the same middle name.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I thought the safety only had "WILLIAMS" written on the back?

I guess the new Roy will just have it then

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I don't believe Adam or Felix had "F." or "A." before their names.

I think we've ditched the whole initial thing.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Doesnt our Roy just have Williams on his back, I think he took the R off so this Roy will have R.Williams I think.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
You're not allowed to have a first initial, I thought was the new rule. I could be wrong.

bsheeern

Reaction score
we have 2 Jones on the team, and don't the both just say Jones? I thought they made a change to the rules about last names on uni's.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
1561422660_4c3424451e_o.jpg

billyrags

Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;2340545 said:
You're not allowed to have a first initial, I thought was the new rule. I could be wrong.

I hope you are right. I think the jersey number is unique enough to distinguish between players. I hated the initials (Ro and Ra - I think) when Randall Williams was here with Roy

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
billyrags;2340592 said:
I hope you are right. I think the jersey number is unique enough to distinguish between players. I hated the initials (Ro and Ra - I think) when Randall Williams was here with Roy
THAT's the one I was trying to remember.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
new NFL rules state the initial is no longer needed

it will just say Williams

Sandman52

Reaction score
billyrags;2340592 said:

The worst were the full names like when the Browns had Andre Davis with current Andra Davis.

brewers47

Reaction score
Sandman52;2341290 said:
The worst were the full names like when the Browns had Andre Davis with current Andra Davis.

And who can forget the awful Roy Williams/Randall Williams fiasco that had to be the ugliest a cowboys jersey has ever been

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;2340545 said:
It is aparently still allowed since I saw someone in a game Sunday with a first initial. I forget exactly where or who but I did notice it because of what I thought was the new rule. It may be up to the individual or the team...not sure...but I don't think any or our players have the inititals on theri Jerseys.

Ender

Reaction score
Does it matter, they arent going to be on the feild at the same time....