NASCAR's Michael Waltrip to drive Longhorns National Championship tribute

Reaction score
waltrip_michael_032106_300.jpg

AUSTIN, Texas -- The University of Texas Football team's undefeated 2005 National Championship season has led to a unique collaborative promotional agreement with NASCAR star Michael Waltrip, prominent sponsor Aaron's, and UT's multimedia rights vendor, Host Communications/Longhorn Sports Network.

The Longhorns' championship will be featured in a special paint scheme on the "No. 99 Aaron's Dream Machine" auto, which will be driven by Waltrip, for the upcoming NASCAR Busch Series race Saturday, April 8, at Texas Motor Speedway.

Aaron's is a sponsor of Michael Waltrip Racing and UT Athletics/Host Communications.

"This is a real tribute to our Football team, and to the fans and supporters of The University of Texas," Texas head football coach Mack Brown said. "With the tremendous exposure NASCAR gets, this will provide great visibility, not only for us, but for college football's National Championship. Michael's a winner, and it will be an honor for the Longhorns logo to be riding with him in our state, in a race of this caliber."

Waltrip, an 11-time Busch Series winner, said: "It doesn't get any better than driving the Texas Longhorns National Championship Dream Machine in Texas. I know Texans are proud of their football teams, and it is an honor for me to pay tribute to one of their best."

The promotional campaign project includes a limited edition 1/24-scale die cast model car to be sold at retail along with a replica show car that will be displayed at the April 1 Texas Football Spring Jamboree at Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, and at Aaron's locations throughout Texas.

The die cast models will be available beginning April 1 at select Aaron's stores in Texas (check www.shopaarons.com for list of locations) and at other retail outlets in Central Texas.

"The championship paint scheme on our NASCAR Busch Series car is an excellent way to promote two of Aaron's premier partners -- Michael Waltrip Racing and The University of Texas -- and to honor what the UT Football team accomplished by going undefeated during the 2005 season," said Ken Butler, president, Aaron's Sales & Lease Ownership.

Fans may have photos taken beside the show car during the Longhorns Spring Football Jamboree and at Aaron's locations beginning March 29, through April 15 (list of dates and cities follows). Check www.shopaarons.com for store locations.

March 29: Cleveland, Texas
March 30: Tomball, Texas
March 31: Katy, Texas
April 1: Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, Texas
April 3: Elgin, Texas
April 4: Bastrop, Texas
April 5: Cedar Park, Texas
April 6: Austin, Texas
April 7: Lewisville, Texas
April 8: Richland Hills, Texas
April 10: Ft. Worth, Texas
April 11: Irving, Texas
April 12: Irving, Texas
April 13: Ft. Worth, Texas
April 14: Sulphur Springs, Texas
April 15: Longview, Texas

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
waltrip_michael_032106_300.jpg

AUSTIN, Texas -- The University of Texas Football team's undefeated 2005 National Championship season has led to a unique collaborative promotional agreement with NASCAR star Michael Waltrip, prominent sponsor Aaron's, and UT's multimedia rights vendor, Host Communications/Longhorn Sports Network.

The Longhorns' championship will be featured in a special paint scheme on the "No. 99 Aaron's Dream Machine" auto, which will be driven by Waltrip, for the upcoming NASCAR Busch Series race Saturday, April 8, at Texas Motor Speedway.

Aaron's is a sponsor of Michael Waltrip Racing and UT Athletics/Host Communications.

"This is a real tribute to our Football team, and to the fans and supporters of The University of Texas," Texas head football coach Mack Brown said. "With the tremendous exposure NASCAR gets, this will provide great visibility, not only for us, but for college football's National Championship. Michael's a winner, and it will be an honor for the Longhorns logo to be riding with him in our state, in a race of this caliber."

Waltrip, an 11-time Busch Series winner, said: "It doesn't get any better than driving the Texas Longhorns National Championship Dream Machine in Texas. I know Texans are proud of their football teams, and it is an honor for me to pay tribute to one of their best."

The promotional campaign project includes a limited edition 1/24-scale die cast model car to be sold at retail along with a replica show car that will be displayed at the April 1 Texas Football Spring Jamboree at Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, and at Aaron's locations throughout Texas.

The die cast models will be available beginning April 1 at select Aaron's stores in Texas (check www.shopaarons.com for list of locations) and at other retail outlets in Central Texas.

"The championship paint scheme on our NASCAR Busch Series car is an excellent way to promote two of Aaron's premier partners -- Michael Waltrip Racing and The University of Texas -- and to honor what the UT Football team accomplished by going undefeated during the 2005 season," said Ken Butler, president, Aaron's Sales & Lease Ownership.

Fans may have photos taken beside the show car during the Longhorns Spring Football Jamboree and at Aaron's locations beginning March 29, through April 15 (list of dates and cities follows). Check www.shopaarons.com for store locations.

March 29: Cleveland, Texas
March 30: Tomball, Texas
March 31: Katy, Texas
April 1: Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, Texas
April 3: Elgin, Texas
April 4: Bastrop, Texas
April 5: Cedar Park, Texas
April 6: Austin, Texas
April 7: Lewisville, Texas
April 8: Richland Hills, Texas
April 10: Ft. Worth, Texas
April 11: Irving, Texas
April 12: Irving, Texas
April 13: Ft. Worth, Texas
April 14: Sulphur Springs, Texas
April 15: Longview, Texas

Good for Texas.

Michael seems like a good guy, but he is a whiney little beotch. He will not be invited back to the hospitality village at the texas races for Chevy. He whined the entire time and was paid well to be there and wanted to leave early, and was upset when he was told to sign autographs.

Reaction score
5 Super Bowls said:
Good for Texas.

Michael seems like a good guy, but he is a whiney little beotch. He will not be invited back to the hospitality village at the texas races for Chevy. He whined the entire time and was paid well to be there and wanted to leave early, and was upset when he was told to sign autographs.

Yea, I like the honor, but MAN I have my doubts about which side of the car that dude really drives on.... if ya get my drift!!

;)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
They couldn't get a native Texan like Bobby Labonte too drive it so they had to get a Kentucky native..........NICE ;)

k19

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
They couldn't get a native Texan like Bobby Labonte too drive it so they had to get a Kentucky native..........NICE ;)

The guys a walking talking advertisement, what do you expect. His Aarrons, blah blah blah, napa, blah blah blah, coke, blah blah blah domino's pizza, blah blah blahdodge charger. Face it hes an ad ***** and the car will look good in the back of the field :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
k19 said:
The guys a walking talking advertisement, what do you expect. His Aarrons, blah blah blah, napa, blah blah blah, coke, blah blah blah domino's pizza, blah blah blahdodge charger. Face it hes an ad ***** and the car will look good in the back of the field :D
Or smashed up in to a big wad of metal ;)

Reaction score
k19 said:
The guys a walking talking advertisement, what do you expect. His Aarrons, blah blah blah, napa, blah blah blah, coke, blah blah blah domino's pizza, blah blah blahdodge charger. Face it hes an ad ***** and the car will look good in the back of the field

And this is different from every other nascar driver becuzzzzzzzz??

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those that follow nascar.

Have other drivers drove cars with college football champions tributes on the car?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
5 Super Bowls said:
I can't remember one.
Me either

Dale Jarrett used to wear helmets that looked like nfl helmets. I always found it funny when he won the Daytona 500 wearing a Cowboys helmet while driving for Joe Gibbs :lmao:

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
waltrip needs to do less advertising and more gettin up on the wheel and finishing in the top half of the field. all i see this guy do is advertise. too bad the car is gonna be used in the busch series. i wish labonte could get to drive the car in the nextel series. BRISTOL ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
txlonghorn14 said:
waltrip needs to do less advertising and more gettin up on the wheel and finishing in the top half of the field. all i see this guy do is advertise. too bad the car is gonna be used in the busch series. i wish labonte could get to drive the car in the nextel series. BRISTOL ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Always glad to see another Horn join the board.

You're my new favorite poster!!

........ that is, until the 1st time you disagree w/ me, then I'll have you killed!!

:p:

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Always glad to see another Horn join the board.

You're my new favorite poster!!

........ that is, until the 1st time you disagree w/ me, then I'll have you killed!!

:p:

glad to be welcomed. fans on this board seem a helluva lot better than most. i called it back in july when i got into a heated argument with my buddy at work who's a diehard Oklahoma fan, that TEXAS would be the national champions. everyone said i was crazy.......and we all know how that turned out. TOUCHDOWN TEXAS, TOUCHDOWN VINCE YOUNG, TEXAS LONGHORNS NATIONAL CHAMPS!!! :star: