Nash To Suns

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Ruff_Rider said:
It's a sad day for the Dallas Mavericks... :(

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1833028
Key item: "Mavs owner Mark Cuban declined to match the offer."

Either Cuban believes newly drafted PG Devin Harris or Marquis Daniels can step right into the one spot, or we have something else to offer L.A. for Shaq besides Steve Nash.

Or (c), he's nuts.

I'm surprised Nash signed away so quickly, but I suppose he took the drafting of Harris as the writing on the wall.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man said:
Key item: "Mavs owner Mark Cuban declined to match the offer."

Either Cuban believes newly drafted PG Devin Harris or Marquis Daniels can step right into the one spot, or we have something else to offer L.A. for Shaq besides Steve Nash.

Or (c), he's nuts.

I'm surprised Nash signed away so quickly, but I suppose he took the drafting of Harris as the writing on the wall.

They just signed Marquis Daniels to a big contract so I guess he was the one they wanted to keep?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From what I understand..they wanted to keep nash and nellie was on the phone to speak to nash's agent as soon as the FA period began.

However I think they (Nellie, Cuban, Nash and Nash's agent) were blown away by the offer that the Suns made.

I think it is 4-5 year deal for $60 million.

Norm on the ticket said when Nellie found out he saw him (live or on video) and he looked like someone slapped him.

Also someone asked Cuban the next morning if he wanted to talk on the ticket and he quickly said no and nothing else.

And Cuban called the ticket (without being asked to do so) just a couple days ago and does that from time to time.

I really think they were not expecting the suns to offer that kind of money and were hoping to sign nash for a reasonable contract....however that kind of money with nashes age was just too much for them to try and offer a better deal.

Ruff_Rider

Benched
Reaction score
IT SUCKS!! They give Raef LaFrentz a huge contract and give Shawn Bradley the same but then.... when the Steve Nash asks for the same they blow him off. Makes no sense and i don't see what they were thinking. I hoped you enjoyed the last few years of Basketball here in Dallas becuase it won't be long and it will be back to the old Mavericks. (20-62) :(

BIG MISTAKE!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Ruff_Rider said:
IT SUCKS!! They give Raef LaFrentz a huge contract and give Shawn Bradley the same but then.... when the Steve Nash asks for the same they blow him off. Makes no sense and i don't see what they were thinking. I hoped you enjoyed the last few years of Basketball here in Dallas becuase it won't be long and it will be back to the old Mavericks. (20-62) :(

BIG MISTAKE!

When you put it that way, iit does seem a little ridiculous. I remember hearing about all those huge contracts to players who didn't deserve them. You'd think they'd at least fork out some dough for someone who has really helped the team and deserves some payback.