Heat over Nets

Mavs over Spurs
Clippers over Lakers

Conference Championships
Pistons over Heat
Mavs over Clippers

Finals
Mavs over Pistons

The East is really no surprise, there just aren't enough good teams for it to really be interesting. There's no reason to think Miami will upset the Pistons unless Detroit has an injury (they are due)

In the West, I think the Suns have shown major signs of slowing down and the Lakers are playing their best ball of the season. I think the Kings will put up a good fight over the Spurs. They're one of the best 8 seeds in a long time since they're much better now than at the start of the season. Besides, Arco is a real tough place to win in the playoffs. Because of that plus the fact that Duncan is obviously nowhere near 100%, I think the Mavs can pull off the upset.

I think the Pistons/Mavs game will be about even. Detroit had a better record, but they had no real injuries in the season to deal with and they were in the easier conference. Since it's even, my homerism wins out.

I'm sure some Spurs fans will have a thing or two to say about this.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
Here's mine. I'll admit, I am a homer.

First Round
Pistons over Bucks
Heat over Bulls
Nets over Pacers
Wizards over Cavs

Spurs over Kings
Lakers over Suns
Clippers over Nuggets
Mavs over Grizzlies

Second Round
Pistons over Wizards
Heat over Nets

Mavs over Spurs
Clippers over Lakers

Conference Championships
Pistons over Heat
Mavs over Clippers

Finals
Mavs over Pistons

The East is really no surprise, there just aren't enough good teams for it to really be interesting. There's no reason to think Miami will upset the Pistons unless Detroit has an injury (they are due)

In the West, I think the Suns have shown major signs of slowing down and the Lakers are playing their best ball of the season. I think the Kings will put up a good fight over the Spurs. They're one of the best 8 seeds in a long time since they're much better now than at the start of the season. Besides, Arco is a real tough place to win in the playoffs. Because of that plus the fact that Duncan is obviously nowhere near 100%, I think the Mavs can pull off the upset.

I think the Pistons/Mavs game will be about even. Detroit had a better record, but they had no real injuries in the season to deal with and they were in the easier conference. Since it's even, my homerism wins out.

I'm sure some Spurs fans will have a thing or two to say about this.

I would love to see my Griz win their series but in reality a couple of wins would be just as good.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'm a Spurs fan, and I'm real nervous about this first round matchup. I think if they make it past the Kings in 6 or less, they'll go all the way to the Finals. Not that the Kings are stronger than the Mavs or the Suns, but I just think that the Spurs may come out flat in the playoffs. If they don't and if they can kick it into that extra gear in the playoffs, then they'll handle the Kings and I think that a serious, focused Spurs team is too much for the Mavs or anyone else.

In the finals, I think it will be a toss-up against the Pistons, and if any other team manages to make it out of the East, the Spurs will win convincingly.

Here's my predictions:

First Round
Pistons over Bucks - in 4
Heat over Bulls - in 5
Nets over Pacers - in 6
Wizards over Cavs - in 6

Spurs over Kings - in 6
Suns over Lakers - in 7
Nuggets over Clippers - in 7
Mavs over Grizzlies - in 5

Second Round
Pistons over Wizards - in 5
Heat over Nets - in 7

Spurs over Mavs - in 6
Suns over Nuggets - in 7

Conference Championships
Heat over Pistons - in 7
Spurs over Suns - in 7

Finals
Spurs over Heat - in 5

Hook me up to a lie detector and I'll probably go with the Pistons over the Heat... but I think both the Pistons and the Spurs can be beaten. If there's a team that's going to beat the Spurs, I think it'll either be the Kings or possibly the Suns in the Western Finals. Sorry, but I just don't think the Mavs have the cojones to line up man-to-man and take them down.

Should be fun though!