Not open for further replies.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Jerry Jones acknowledges talking to President Trump, gives few details
Posted by Charean Williams on September 29, 2017, 3:24 PM EDT
853837576-e1506428517310.jpg

Getty Images

President Trump tweeted about his Tuesday phone conversation with Jerry Jones after the Cowboys collectively took a knee before the national anthem and then rose to stand for it. The President praised the Cowboys owner.

But, according to Jean-Jacques Taylor of DFW’s NBC affiliate, Trump also called Jones four times Monday to discuss how the Cowboys were going to handle the national anthem.

Jones acknowledged he talked to the President this week but offered few details.

“I’m not going to get into it,” Jones said Friday on 105.3 The Fan. “He did call. He was complimentary, which doesn’t mean that in any way we acquiesced to what he was implying. What we did was exclusive from that. What we wanted to do was basically make a statement and certainly not dishonor the flag.

“Anybody in the United States, for the most part, I’m talking the great majority of people, it’s madness to think that somebody would dishonor the flag. The debate is whether you are dishonoring it or not. That’s where people get their case. So just to stand up there and say a group such as the NFL and our players are doing anything that doesn’t respect the flag is just not something that could be accepted. Our effort specifically said it’s different when the flag is out and we’re going to stand and honor the flag than when it is not out. Where I’m coming from here is the implication that there was some kind of pat on the back or anything like that is really not the case. It was a simple discussion. I know him. I’ve known him for several years. . . . There are many things we don’t agree on.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...talking-to-president-trump-gives-few-details/

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Can you imagine this conversation? It’s probably two people having two different conversations together with neither having any idea what the other is talking about.

It would be like an SNL skit come to life. I wish it was recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.