NBC SNF next week San Diego vs Denver

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2516078 said:
I am sure several will post, if so merge it.

Good! get us out of the prime time spotlight!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2516082 said:
Good! get us out of the prime time spotlight!

NOt only that, if they win, it will give them little bit more time. Because SNF means they don't get home till Early Monday Morning.

I am hoping it stays at 12 CT game. But most likely will be moved to 4 PM game.

The Panch

Reaction score
I think if Philly would've won tonight, it would've been the flex game cause it would've truely been for the last playoff spot while Philly has to beat us and have Tampa lose to Oakland which is doubtful, even tho the Bucs D looks like crap right now.

yimyammer

Reaction score
The Panch;2516098 said:
I think if Philly would've won tonight, it would've been the flex game cause it would've truely been for the last playoff spot while Philly has to beat us and have Tampa lose to Oakland which is doubtful, even tho the Bucs D looks like crap right now.

I was hoping this game would be for all the marbles, the Chargers are the only team I like besides the Cowboys, I'd love to see them get into the playoffs and shock the world (unless they had to beat us to do it, of course)

The Panch

Reaction score
yimyammer;2516105 said:
I was hoping this game would be for all the marbles, the Chargers are the only team I like besides the Cowboys, I'd love to see them get into the playoffs and shock the world (unless they had to beat us to do it, of course)
To me, the Chargers are the AFC's version of the Cowboys.

And I mean that for all the wrong reasons.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
The Panch;2516133 said:

gotta give them credit though, they had to win two straight on the road to get to where they are now, and they did

us on the other hand....

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
The Panch;2516133 said:

These teams have Norv and Wade. Two coaches who can't win anything meaningful, but at least Norv did finally get a playoff win last year.

Plus in the early 80's I remember many predicted a couple of Cowboys/Chargers SB's but both years they both lost in their conference championship games.

The Panch

Reaction score
dbair1967;2516138 said:
gotta give them credit though, they had to win two straight on the road to get to where they are now, and they did

us on the other hand....
True, but they've choked away so many games and relied on the Broncos choking to get them in a position to win the division which is somewhat gutless. Atleast Ed Hochuli can sleep at night. It would be nice if they had him officiate the game as well. haha

gmb85

Reaction score
The Panch;2516133 said:

I thought it was the Jets?

The Panch

Reaction score
gmb85;2516161 said:
I thought it was the Jets?
Nah. The Chargers have been at it for awhile. The Jets just got started and were midseason overachievers that had alot of people fooled.

gmb85

Reaction score
The Panch;2516173 said:
Nah. The Chargers have been at it for awhile. The Jets just got started and were midseason overachievers that had alot of people fooled.
Good explanation.:p:

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I'm actually quite surprised with this decision - but in a good way because I didn't want them to have to play at night for reasons that were already given. Still, it is surprising once you have factored in the popularity of the Cowboys with Americans and compounded by the fact they're in a "must-win" game. Networks are all about ratings, so you know that there had to be some suit at NBC pounding his fist about airing this game. My guess is they had to go with the Chargers/Broncos game based on the number of times each team is allocated for the national spotlight. I have no idea about the agreement between the NFL and NBC but I'm pretty sure there has to be a fairness clause given to the sister networks that prevents them from singling out one team for multiple viewings. No doubt the Cowboys have already maxed out this quota given the number of times they've been on the national stage this season.

The Panch

Reaction score
Draegerman;2516194 said:
I'm actually quite surprised with this decision - but in a good way because I didn't want them to have to play at night for reasons that were already given. Still, it is surprising once you have factored in the popularity of the Cowboys with Americans and compounded by the fact they're in a "must-win" game. Networks are all about ratings, so you know that there had to be some suit at NBC pounding his fist about airing this game. My guess is they had to go with the Chargers/Broncos game based on the number of times each team is allocated for the national spotlight. I have no idea about the agreement between the NFL and NBC but I'm pretty sure there has to be a fairness clause given to the sister networks that prevents them from singling out one team for multiple viewings. No doubt the Cowboys have already maxed out this quota given the number of times they've been on the national stage this season.
I forgot they said they had to have a CBS game get flexed cause there has to be a balance between FOX and CBS flex games. Either way, there's alot more controversy with the Chargers/Broncos for the simple fact it's playoffs or nothing for both. Even if Philly beats us, Oakland getting the W in Tampa is laughable.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Glad no Sunday night. The change may work into our favor as Tampa and Oakland play at 1pm. If Tampa wins, Eagles will lose any emotion they had. If Tampa loses, well then.. look out.

gmb85

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2516232 said:
Glad no Sunday night. The change may work into our favor as Tampa and Oakland play at 1pm. If Tampa wins, Eagles will lose any emotion they had. If Tampa loses, well then.. look out.
E-girls would love to play the spoilers anyway.;)