Video: NBC Sports:Cowboys may have found loophole in new helmet rule

glimmerman

Reaction score
It’s going to happen. When they go in head first they can see where they are hitting. When they have to turn there head then they can’t see and they use the body and shoulder to tackle. It’s a bigger area than the head. Knee injuries.

foofighters

Reaction score
This game is getting ridiculous. Take the helmet and pads off and put two pink flags on. This is where Goodhell is taking the game anyway. I don't want to see anyone hurt but it's a physical game and it's going to happen no matter what is put in place as long as there is physical contact. I doubt I'll be watching in 10 years.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Unreal. Click bait. Show the play. Heath was diving for the ball trying to get a pick and turned himself at the last second. Wasn't doing anything else.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This game is getting ridiculous. Take the helmet and pads off and put two pink flags on. This is where Goodhell is taking the game anyway. I don't want to see anyone hurt but it's a physical game and it's going to happen no matter what is put in place as long as there is physical contact. I doubt I'll be watching in 10 years.
The sport will have to lift some of these rules in the next 10 years or it will not be the cash cow it is. This helmet rule may be lifted before the season is up. There is already a speeding rule and hitting with the crown. Leave it be.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
No! Make the flags blue so the sport looks more manly. Maybe do pink in october for breast cancer awareness month.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am seeing this flag being thrown in some games already. They threw one for a hit on BO and the commentator didn’t agree with it. Neither did I. BO even looked surprised. No one is agreeing with it.

Flamma

Reaction score

They're drip feeding us this crap so we don't notice. Just go back and watch some games from the 90s or even the early part of this century and you'll notice immediately how much more physical they were playing. And they're supposed to be bigger and stronger today.

Flamma

Reaction score
I am seeing this flag being thrown in some games already. They threw one for a hit on BO and the commentator didn’t agree with it. Neither did I. BO even looked surprised. No one is agreeing with it.

Twice in that first pre season game they called "unnecessary roughness". No one agreed with it either but I'm not sure why it was called. They didn't specify beyond what I said. It looked like they called it because the hits were too hard.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Twice in that first pre season game they called "unnecessary roughness". No one agreed with it either but I'm not sure why it was called. They didn't specify beyond what I said. It looked like they called it because the hits were too hard.
Lmao. That’s funny to read. They throw a flag and look at each other and say on National TV in a NFL game. “A 15 yard penalty umm cause he hit him to hard.” But your right. We had a LB blitz and blasted the qb and I was waiting for the flag.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It kind of did. Unreal.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Media driven fluff piece. I'm a bit skeptical that what Heath did was a planned strategy being employed lately by the C-boys. This newfound rule is one that should rightfully prove highly unpopular with the teams, their players and the fans. It's one that the refs will probably have difficulty deciding upon. I wouldn't be shocked at all if it's destined to be revoked, perhaps as early as next year in the offseason.

vaturkey

Reaction score
Pretty soon they will start banning Alcohol in the United States as well. Oh crap, they tried that in the 30's. Didn't work. Well, if they did ban Alcohol I'd much more enjoy taking my son to a game. Language can get pretty salty and that doesn't count the fights.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

CTE!!!!!!!!

pansophy

Reaction score
I hate it too, especially since it's really about defending against future litigation rather than safety, as they are saying. But former players are suing even though at the time they are playing they will say they get the risks. So, what can we do?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Sorry, but that one is exactly what this rule is meant to get rid of. The defender lowered the crown of his helmet and led with it. I don't think Bo was surprised at all by the call and looked to me like he was expecting it.