NBCDFW: Emmitt Headed Back To Reality TV

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BY Scott Crisp // Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 06:00 CST

Former Cowboys' running back Emmitt Smith is set to make a return to prime time network television, but he won't be required to bring his dancing shoes.

Beginning on March 5, Friday nights on NBC will feature an adaptation of BBC hit documentary series "Who Do You Think You Are?"

The series follows celebrities as they undertake tracing their family tree. The BBC version has featured, to be completely honest, a slew of British celebrities of which I've never heard, Jerry Springer, Jeremy Irons and the redhead from "Sex and the City."

The American version will be a bit friendlier to woefully insulated Americans such as myself.

The series will debut with Lisa Kudrow on March 5, followed by Susan Sarandon and, the week after that, the NFL's all-time rushing leader. Matthew Broderick, Sarah Jessica Parker, Brooke Shields and Spike Lee will round out the first season.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Emmitt-Headed-Back-To-Reality-TV-82979867.html

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Wheeeew. Glad I signed up early to miss that show completely.

Matthew Broderick? Seriously? I use him as the ultimate gauge of suckdom for a movie.

Sarah Jessica Parker's family tree: Seabiscuit and a cocker spaniel, roll credits.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
The series follows celebrities as they undertake tracing their family tree

what you guys don't want to know where you come from ?

I did my family - my people where here in 1642 at least my moms side had 17 family members fight in the Revolution war

my dads side came from Germany in the late 1800's even found out I am related to the Anheuser-Busch family

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3260648 said:
Wheeeew. Glad I signed up early to miss that show completely.

Matthew Broderick? Seriously? I use him as the ultimate gauge of suckdom for a movie.

Sarah Jessica Parker's family tree: Seabiscuit and a cocker spaniel, roll credits.
:laugh2:

it would be funny if one of Emmitt's ancestors invented something (because he's dumb)