NCAA Football Playstation/Xbox coming back! Manning kid opts out for Texas

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I just read the news, but only only because the Manning kid made headlines because he refused to be in the game for Texas. I’m trying to remember, but I don’t think the college players were by name in the NCAA games? I think they were by numbers instead?

Anyways, used to love playing this game back in that day, before it was shut down from legal problems. Think I had more fun with it than Madden. I enjoyed the franchise recruiting modes, having the band play, creating mascots, running the option and all the college football playbooks.

Glad to hear they are bringing back an anniversary edition, they will definitely sucker me for it. Maybe I’ll even play online so I can be embarrassed by some kid. Anyone else used to play this game back in the day?

I know we have a video game thread, but seeing as this is a football message board, thought some of you guys might like to know about this. I know I was clueless.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-texas-arch-manning-opts-ea-sports-video-game

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If you'd like to play something similar in the meantime this game has an excellent recruiting/team building experience:

Thanks Duane. Might check it out. I know there are a lot of independent GM and coach oriented games, but I haven’t tried that many. I wish that EA sports would have taken their NFL head coach line further. Guess it didn’t sell enough.

Duane

Reaction score
Thanks Duane. Might check it out. I know there are a lot of independent GM and coach oriented games, but I haven’t tried that many. I wish that EA sports would have taken their NFL head coach line further. Guess it didn’t sell enough.
It's excellent and has a good modding community that allows you to get the real team names and conferences. Read the Steam reviews and it's pretty much universally loved by the people who bought the game ~97% positive reviews. If you get it let me know how you like it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Manning is no dummy, everyone hates EA sports
You are correct, EA does own it. I want to be excited for it, but I am definitely skeptical. Mostly likely they'll ruin it with their quality issues and monetization practices. Is it just going to be a reskinned Madden? We'll see. I've wanted an NCAA football game for so long I am sure I will be suckered into trying it. It would be fun to be able to play as Boise State again.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You are correct, EA does own it. I want to be excited for it, but I am definitely skeptical. Mostly likely they'll ruin it with their quality issues and monetization practices. Is it just going to be a reskinned Madden? We'll see. I've wanted an NCAA football game for so long I am sure I will be suckered into trying it. It would be fun to be able to play as Boise State again.
I always got a kick out of playing NCAA on that blue field. LOL

I’m anxious to see how they handle the new rules and paying athletes for their franchise mode. I used to always have fun with their recruiting mode, especially playing as a small school and scoring a few 4 and 5 star recruits, making the cupcake vs ranked schedule, and then trying to swap conferences.