Need more techie help

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I want to download some video and then burn it to a DVD. I have the burner but the format says it is a .wmv file. Will this work on a DVD? Or do I have to do something else?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cajuncowboy said:
I want to download some video and then burn it to a DVD. I have the burner but the format says it is a .wmv file. Will this work on a DVD? Or do I have to do something else?

I guess it would depend on the DVD player you plan on playing it on...I would imagine it would work on the majority of DVD players on a computer that uses windows....because it could be read as a data disk at worst.

I do not know if newer stand alone dvd players will play the window .WMV file or not...I know many of the new ones you can play music cds, mp3 music and even images like photobook on DVD...just not sure about WMVs.

Chances are you will need to get a program that changes it to MP2 format.

I have had no problems with DVD burning but once again I have never downloaded a WMV file and then burned it to DVD to play in a standard stand alone (like one hooked to your tv) dvd player.

I have however burned multiple .wmv and .avi files to a DVD as a data disk and they have played on my computer.

You may wish to PM JDSmith or Calico as they make many of the cowboys clips...not sure if they burn them to DVD but they might know.