Need some computer help

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
When I look at images I have posted,they come up as an red X rather then the pic. What causes this to happen. Thanks

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
diehard2231 said:
When I look at images I have posted,they come up as an red X rather then the pic. What causes this to happen. Thanks

Normally that means that you have either typed in the wrong address for the image OR that the place the image is stored out does not allow the image to be hotlinked....in otherwords they do not let the image be seen on other sites because it steals their bandwith.

One other possible reason could be that the site that the image is out could be down at the time OR that they have a bandwith limit on it for a period of time and you have exceeded that bandwith.

I hope I did not confuse you lol.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Normally that means that you have either typed in the wrong address for the image OR that the place the image is stored out does not allow the image to be hotlinked....in otherwords they do not let the image be seen on other sites because it steals their bandwith.

One other possible reason could be that the site that the image is out could be down at the time OR that they have a bandwith limit on it for a period of time and you have exceeded that bandwith.

I hope I did not confuse you lol.
makes sense, I use photobucket for everything but WP. I just noticed it recently and thought it was something on my PC

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
so you're linking the photos from photobucket? do they appear to be normal in your photobucket library?

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
so you're linking the photos from photobucket? do they appear to be normal in your photobucket library?
yes,no problems at all. They are visible on other sites but the ones I submitted for the image contest dont show for me anymore.