Need to play on the recievers

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
I have watched all the cowboys games a couple of times and I noticed how we are lined up about 10 yards off the recievers. When we are closer to the recievers we seem to have better coverage. I do not understand why the coaches have us so far off the recievers. Your thoughts?:confused:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Cowboysfan22;2342884 said:
I have watched all the cowboys games a couple of times and I noticed how we are lined up about 10 yards off the recievers. When we are closer to the recievers we seem to have better coverage. I do not understand why the coaches have us so far off the recievers. Your thoughts?:confused:

Wade has said time and again that he has them play off cause he'd rather give up the short stuff than anything long.

There is nothing more to it than Wade being afraid we're going to give up the big plays.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
The coaches will take a look at it.......I could not get past our sorry OL play of last week.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Cowboysfan22;2342884 said:

With Newman/PacMan both out and Jenkins/Scandrick stepping in, I foresee more of the "playing off the receivers" scheme.