Needs for both Draft and FA

1942willys

Reaction score
My two cents is this:

Center has to be upgraded; Biadasz is just not it and no way do I want to pay him

DT; we need a trash can full of dirt, especially with them waning Mazi to lose weight

LB; at least one and preferably two run stuffers

Frankly we should be able to get the DT in FA and not spend that much

There are several centers that look read good in the draft

LBs are there in the middle of the draft and maybe one in FA

Those are what we must have; another OT would be real nice and a RB as well; hopefully we are moving on from Pollard as he is just not worth the money.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Agree that Biadasz will cost way more than worth and see Hoffman being the starter currently although wouldn't be surprise to see TJ Bass get the job in training camp.

Zimmer is going to want a true run stuffer (his MO), if we are truly all in then could see that as target in FA along with a MLB type.
Chris Jones DT Chiefs - believe KC resigns him
Justin Madubuike DT Ravens - probably gets tagged
Christian Wilkens DT Dolphins - probably resigns
Leonard Williams DT Seahawks - tagged most likely
DJ Reader DT Bengals - injury will push his number down
Glover Steward Colts - interesting guy and may be in our price range
Teair Tart DT Texans - bit of a head case, seems right for Jerry
Javon Kinlaw DT 49ers - like him and might just be right for Zimmer

As to LB, if they really want to solve the problem in the middle then Devon White from Tampa Bay could fill it for at least 5 years. In the draft, there isn't one worthy of drafting until at best until round 3 or round 4.

Believe we need to take OL in 1st and CB in 2nd unless we resign Gilmore then I would go OL in 1st and 2nd to shore it up for years to come. Say Troy Fautanu LT Washinton and Graham Barton LT/G/C Duke. Both can play all 5 positions on the line so great position flex and if we got both they are both NFL ready so Fautanu could start at LT and Barton at OC with Bass the swing OG and take Martin's place in a year or two.

Grab a RB or two on day 3 of the draft.

1942willys

Reaction score
Agree that Biadasz will cost way more than worth and see Hoffman being the starter currently although wouldn't be surprise to see TJ Bass get the job in training camp.

Zimmer is going to want a true run stuffer (his MO), if we are truly all in then could see that as target in FA along with a MLB type.

As to LB, if they really want to solve the problem in the middle then Devon White from Tampa Bay could fill it for at least 5 years. In the draft, there isn't one worthy of drafting until at best until round 3 or round 4.

Believe we need to take OL in 1st and CB in 2nd unless we resign Gilmore then I would go OL in 1st and 2nd to shore it up for years to come. Say Troy Fautanu LT Washinton and Graham Barton LT/G/C Duke. Both can play all 5 positions on the line so great position flex and if we got both they are both NFL ready so Fautanu could start at LT and Barton at OC with Bass the swing OG and take Martin's place in a year or two.

agree with a lot; but I think we could get our CB help in FA either resign Gillmore or someone else
Not sure about Hoffman or Bass going into camp as the only options for Center
That position needs to be a strength and I just do not see them being that for at least a couple of years at best
LB AND DT are the real massive needs outside of Center
if we were better at FA we could fill either slot there to an extent; run stuffing LBs are not that expensive and trash cans full of dirt are cheap

Gambit

Reaction score
Center has to be upgraded; Biadasz is just not it and no way do I want to pay him
We can find his replacement in the 2nd if not there are some later round centers who I think can be upgrades, but agreed must be addressed

What player(s) are you looking at here. Reader will be like 14-15 mil a year, Chandler Jones way out of our price range
I think this is the best area to improve immediately in FA for a decent price, and draft 2 more LB's. I am biased, I love LBers. Parcels once said "I collect Tight Ends" I would like to collect LBers. Its a weakness now but by time season starts it could be an area of strength.
another OT would be real nice and a RB as well; hopefully we are moving on from Pollard as he is just not worth the money
Pollard was 4.4% of cap last year. McCaffery was 1.4% which is the highest percentage of cap RB to play in superbowl since like 2016. Running game is important, but not at 10 mil a year cap hit. I think we go cheap at this spot I'd look for a late round pick and maybe a cheap rb in fa. Personally, it doesn't matter who if we don't fix the run blocking.

1942willys

Reaction score
We can find his replacement in the 2nd if not there are some later round centers who I think can be upgrades, but agreed must be addressed

What player(s) are you looking at here. Reader will be like 14-15 mil a year, Chandler Jones way out of our price range
DT run stuffer would not be that expensive
I think this is the best area to improve immediately in FA for a decent price, and draft 2 more LB's. I am biased, I love LBers. Parcels once said "I collect Tight Ends" I would like to collect LBers. Its a weakness now but by time season starts it could be an area of strength.
You should always collect LBs = that was something BP made a religion out of but I think he went a little too far; but we have SHOWN we are not keeping enough

Pollard was 4.4% of cap last year. McCaffery was 1.4% which is the highest percentage of cap RB to play in superbowl since like 2016. Running game is important, but not at 10 mil a year cap hit. I think we go cheap at this spot I'd look for a late round pick and maybe a cheap rb in fa. Personally, it doesn't matter who if we don't fix the run blocking.

Bigdog

Reaction score

Fautanu or Graham will not make it to our 2nd round pick. If they do it will be great but highly unlikely.

Gambit

Reaction score
Fautanu or Graham will not make it to our 2nd round pick. If they do it will be great but highly unlikely.
Van Pran should be there and Frazier as well

A little later guys like Turner, Limmer, and Bortolini are options too

We are not forced into C at 24 but if JPJ is there we would be smart to grab him.

1942willys

Reaction score

We are not forced into C at 24 but if JPJ is there we would be smart to grab him.
JPJ has the potential to reach NEAR Fredbeard status

Bigdog

Reaction score

I don't know about Fraizer now. I think he is moving up . I hope he falls to us but I can see the Eagles taking him before us since they have 2 picks in the 2nd round.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
My two cents is this:

DT; we need a trash can full of dirt, especially with them waning Mazi to lose weight

LB; at least one and preferably two run stuffers

There are several centers that look read good in the draft

Those are what we must have; another OT would be real nice and a RB as well; hopefully we are moving on from Pollard as he is just not worth the money.
What if we don’t resign Lewis or Gilmore? Are we comfortable with Nashon Wright starting? And are we sure Diggs will be a 100% to start the season? I’d add CB to the must need list.

cnuball21

Reaction score
There are really good options to cover all of our major needs in FA so we can go BPA in the draft.

Not even super expensive dudes…just quality starters at reasonable costs. Problem is the FO likely will make a bunch of dumb moves.

1942willys

Reaction score
What if we don’t resign Lewis or Gilmore? Are we comfortable with Nashon Wright starting? And are we sure Diggs will be a 100% to start the season? I’d add CB to the must need list.
you have to take chances somewhere; and with Diggs back and its fairly certain he will be 100% we can probably get Gillmore back as well; It is not a real need

J-man

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned they have 3 top "must have" needs that have to be addressed either from the draft or from FA. IMHO the order of importance is LB, CB, RB. I wouldn't won't to go into the season, as we are currently sitting, without filling those 3 positions. We have to add a starting caliber MLB. Our run defense inside must improve. We need to upgrade our power running game. We missed Zeke's power game far more than they thought we would. And we need to add starting quality to the CB group because we don't know who will be here and who won't. They are the must haves this offseason.

There are other needs that are almost as important, if not even more so, but aren't actually "must haves".
These are OT, C, OG, DT, DE and WR. Upgrading the O-line is a must, but not a must have. We can go into the season as is and be competitive, but I want us to be dominate now and for years to come so I'm all for adding studs at any position across the front line.
We need to add another weapon at WR to help Lamb. Cooks was simply just not enough to open things up.
Our defensive interior front must be upgraded to stop the run first and pass rush second. We've been trying to do the opposite and it isn't working. Get me a monster, who can move please.
We need a true DE to replace an aging D-Law as well as take some abuse off Parsons.

cristglo

Reaction score
No offense to anyone that has posted but OL DL LB RB is a must we need to either resign Tyron or find a LT We need a C if you don’t fix the OL the RB is mute
We need a run stopping DT and a real LB
Need a bell cow to tote the rock
RB n OL we can find in the draft
i think they try to bring Tyron back on a fair deal I think at Zimmer request the Jones will go get a DT LB CB DE in FA

1942willys

Reaction score
Fairly certain and probably means we need insurance.
There is just so much draft capital and so much Cap Money. You have to take chances somewhere. Bluntly speaking with both Diggs and Bland CB is a strength. We should not spend much of either for the 3rd CB

1942willys

Reaction score
No offense to anyone that has posted but OL DL LB RB is a must we need to either resign Tyron or find a LT We need a C if you don’t fix the OL the RB is mute
We need a run stopping DT and a real LB
Need a bell cow to tote the rock
RB n OL we can find in the draft
i think they try to bring Tyron back on a fair deal I think at Zimmer request the Jones will go get a DT LB CB DE in FA
I pretty much agree. Its where we get the plugs for the holes that worries me. We keep pretty much dumpster diving in FA that puts a lot of pressure on the draft and that is never good.
We have to balance trades, draft and FA a lot better than we have been

32BellyOption

Reaction score
There is just so much draft capital and so much Cap Money. You have to take chances somewhere. Bluntly speaking with both Diggs and Bland CB is a strength. We should not spend much of either for the 3rd CB
We’ll agree to disagree. It’s a passing league.