Never seen so many dissect a QB at 6-1

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Obviously #9 plays a big part....but I swear more people want Dak to fail than to succeed.

Just look at the posts going on.......you'd think we are 3-4 in last place.

Sporles ripped us yesterday......just like NYG did, that is a MAJOR concern to me, way MORE than Dak's play or lack thereof, as were the play calls on O.

As I stated.....it's not "if Dak fails" it's more of "hey, I told you Dak isn't all that"......that's what I'm reading mostly

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Obviously #9 plays a big part....but I swear more people want Dak to fail than to succeed.

Sporles ripped us yesterday......just like NYG did, that is a MAJOR concern to me, way MORE than Dak's play or lack thereof, as were the play calls on O.

As I stated.....it's not "if Dak fails" it's more of "hey, I told you Dak isn't all that"......that's what I'm reading mostly

Man all QB's wilt under constant pressure. Ask Tom Brady about how things went in the superbowls vs NYG. Pressuring the QB will always make the QB look poor. Romo has had horrible games against Philly most of the time. Hasn't Dak built up any credit to lose some? Didn't he throw 2 TDs in the 4th and OT? I can't help but think that Dak got off his game trying to please Dez. Wasn't Dez targeted like 14 times for 4 catches? Maybe DAk should use all the receivers but Dez until they get in the red zone and then look for Dez. I want Dak to be Dak and not force things. Put a ferocious pass rush plus forcing things to Dez and you can't help but look like crap.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score

You must be new here.

irving

Reaction score

Got to agree with you, if you told anyone the Boys would be 6-1 after Romo went down on the third play in preseason, they would have laughed in your face. There is no cowboy fan that would not have taken 6-1 after Romo went down, and rest assured they would have said of course we have to stay with Dak, if the team is 6-1. That's because no one would have believed this team would be 6-1 without Romo.
Well it's obvious this isn't the same cowboy team we are used to watching, and boy am I glad. All quarterbacks look bad when you have a pass rush like Philly had on Sunday night, Big Ben and Bradford looked pretty bad against that D line, and their teams ended up getting blown out. Hasn't Romo played some horrible games against Philly in the past. People are saying the coaches are watching Dak closely, and can't wait to bench him when he plays badly. I think that's so far from the truth, they realize that with Dak in there, this team for some reason knows how to win, something it hasn't done on regular basis with Romo as quarterback for 10 years. Teams want to win, they don't care if it looks pretty or not.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
How often do you have a rookie qb that is 6-1 to start a season and a 10 year vet franchise qb coming off injury on the same team? Nothing is off limits when it comes to discussing this situation, especially since it is occurring in Dallas.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

I'm reading too much of "Dak led the team to win." There's too much worship and praise being heaped on a guy who has contributed but is far from the main reason for success, and far from being the best option at his position (or at least will not be soon enough). There's too many who want to look at the team success and attribute it to one guy and completely ignore and excuse any objective criticism. The intensity of the "dissection" is a counter to the overabundant lack of critical thinking and analysis going on.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Dak has been a blessing. Just ignore the blatant trolls here. There are 3-4 here that never have a positive win or discuss any positive aspects of what's going on with the team.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It's driven by the media. They would love nothing more than controversy in Dallas. So now they are treating Romo like he never played a bad game or made a bad throw while pitting that against 'Jerry has to go with the hot hand.'

There's also the debate between Dak and Wentz as ESPN loves the Eagles and always supports the Eagles.

If you didn't know any better, you would think that Romo was the second coming of Montana, Brady and Unitas while Dak was a mistake riddled QB that gets lucky to win.

But once Romo starts and if he plays well, they'll be saying that the Cowboys should have stuck with Dak and the benching shows that Wentz and his 4 yard drag routes is the better QB.

YR