Twitter: New Cowboy Keanu Neal discusses free agency and position change

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It really isn't a position change. He's playing where he did in ATL in the nickel. Only difference is that he's also playing there in the base. That's a huge thing for him given that now he's playing with at least 4 DBs behind him. Keeps him close to the LOS which is where his true skills lie

817Gill

Reaction score
It really isn't a position change. He's playing where he did in ATL in the nickel. Only difference is that he's also playing there in the base. That's a huge thing for him given that now he's playing with at least 4 DBs behind him. Keeps him close to the LOS which is where his true skills lie
I wish more people understood this

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hello,, why are fans having a hard time with this, like its a positional revolution for him,,
Quinn and Neal aren't confused at all.

tm1119

Reaction score

I agree...but my question is still who’s coming off the field in the nickel. Does Jerry’s $12M feel good story Jaylon really sit on the sidelines a ton? I have no problem with that, just have a hard time seeing it.

morasp

Reaction score
It' a pretty common thing these days. There are a number of these small LB box safety hybrid guys in the draft like JOK and Deablo.

Rayman70

Reaction score
listening to him speak, he sounds like a confident alpha dog. He sounds like he gets it. He reminds me of woody. Dude has some sneaky cover skills too. He's known for his thumping and instincts, but hes a heady player too. He has good enough hands that he is capable of covering tightends and backs and getting an int. This signing was huge. If I were Dallas, I would lock this dude up before the season is over. Hes a building block. Draft a safety and get this going started.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It' a pretty common thing these days. There are a number of these small LB box safety hybrid guys in the draft like JOK and Deablo.
Deablo is one of my pet cats. That dude screams hybrid Linebacker all day. He looks like a Dan Quinn fit. The linebacker room gonna look very different this year. Guys like Luke Gifford will get weeded out I expect. The cream will rise to the top.I personally would draft KJ Britt and Baron Browning, Divine Deablo, and find a roster spot for them and position.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Neal will be the key to the defense this year, how we use him and his leadership. Quinn knows him and will get it right. Team chemistry early on in camp will be very important. Last year we had zero chance at that. We had too many dudes that didnt know what their jobs were and had no experience in that new system. BAD FITS. This year will be night and day. Stopping the run better be first on the agenda. MAYBE just maybe we can teach the LB group to cover the dang backs out in the flat. Last year we never could. Neal can make his reads early and fix this, but we need guys like him that can do the same. I think thats why we also signed Kearse. He can do some of that if called on. Kearse really is a special teams cog, an ace. He will fill the role Joe Thomas had on that ST unit I think. Bigger concern for me, is interior dline still, and the entire oline. ALL of our olineman were hurt and out last year except Williams. TO ME, we have to draft an olineman that can play both guard and LT/RT. We might even need a center like Landon Dickerson FROM BAMA.