New Cowboys Merchandise....

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
If you get a chance, go over to the Cowboys website and check out the new merchandise. As far as I am concerned, they really need to find someone that knows good fashion and how to place their logos and colors. For a team with as much history as the Cowboys, you would think we could market retro jerseys and use our 1960 logo a little better. Why do I want a Cliff Harris jersey using a modern jersey? The reason to own a classic Dorsett or Staubach is to have it in the jersey of their era, not the modern away jersey with the stars on the sleeve! How many of you are going to order the stupid Talk to the Hand t-shirt? Just my rant for the day...seems we should be setting the standard for merchandise, not doing gimmick stuff like this....

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Wow...
I couldn't agree with you more.
Most of that ish just plain tacky.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I agree , I do not think they do a good job with products that they offer.
Now and then I will see someone wearing another teams shirt and I will think why don't the Cowboys ever have anything like this.

blindzebra

Reaction score
My question is how in the heck can you not have Bob Lilly and Randy White jerseys?

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
there are alot of ledgends missing there, i still might get a Moose Johnson, or Too Tall Jones jersey.

Prancer

Reaction score
leonargized said:
I agree , I do not think they do a good job with products that they offer.
Now and then I will see someone wearing another teams shirt and I will think why don't the Cowboys ever have anything like this.

I found some NFL Aloha shirts a couple weeks back. They looked pretty good and I really hoped to find Dallas'. I asked the sales person only to learn that he did not have a licensing agreement with Dallas.
I guess I'll have to wait until Dallas decides to make one.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Prancer said:
I found some NFL Aloha shirts a couple weeks back. They looked pretty good and I really hoped to find Dallas'. I asked the sales person only to learn that he did not have a licensing agreement with Dallas.

That is what I am talking about. At this moment I can not think of anything particular , but things like that happen to me often.
Maybe I will be at a mall and Ill see someone wearing a cool Jets shirt for example and I will ask him/her about it then I will look ito see if it comes in Cowboys and nothing.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't know about all of you, but where I live, there is no Dallas stuff. I'm sure its because I live in Bills country, but still....there should be something. Even the magazine...Eastbay, when they have football stuff i see 31 teams. I'll give you one guess who isnt there...

notherbob

Reaction score
Don't I remember a few years ago Jerry announcing he was going to be designing all the Cowboys' attire? There's only one place to take your complaint and that's to the one in charge. Once again, Jethro's creative genius stuns us all. :rolleyes:

It's also Jerry's fault if you can't get Cowboys gear locally. Jerry withdrew from the joint marketing agreement with the NFL and now vendors must have separate marketing agreements with the Cowboys and most don't, resulting in less sales. But at least Jerry won't have to share the revenues with the other teams. Jerry doesn't like to share. Jerry doesn't play well with the other kids and wonders why the big mean ole' NFL is picking on poor little him.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Prancer said:
On the contraire (sp)...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25075&item=5215120828&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2003&item=3985131747&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Funny you guys should mention that. I don't know if you guys remember those NFL Varsity Letter Jackets that they had for the league last year but they were the sweetest things I had seen in a long time. They ran a pricey 250$ each but I was considering buying one since they would last a lifetime and had that classic, everlasting style. They are now 129$. Guess what... every single team in the NFL except the Cowboys had one.
:bang2:
Examples:
http://img296.*************/img296/8958/broncos4wn.jpg
http://img78.*************/img78/3285/vikings6hw.jpg

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I have a similar jacket to those that I've had since I was in high school. It's still in great condition. The only difference really is that the sleeves match the rest of the jacket as far as material. The jacket is blue and the sleeves are gray. It cost me $300 at the time. It doesn't fit anymore, was thinking about selling it.

If you're small, here's a letterman jacket on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=24833&item=5214733985&rd=1

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
You guys who are looking for the throwbacks.

Mitchellandness.com
or Ebay, if you want the authentic look, without the authentic price. You can have jerseys that LOOK just like the real thing, for like $50.

Just a matter of opinion. I dont think Mitchellandness.com offers any dallas players, but u can check.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
t-shirts and hats that is about it for me i have a fleece jacket and some Jerseys but mostly its t-shirts and hats of course and other assorted nick-nacks like cups, coins, posters...but mostly its just t-shirts and hats :laugh1:

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Muhast said:
You guys who are looking for the throwbacks.

Mitchellandness.com
or Ebay, if you want the authentic look, without the authentic price. You can have jerseys that LOOK just like the real thing, for like $50.

Just a matter of opinion. I dont think Mitchellandness.com offers any dallas players, but u can check.
I used to work for Mitchell & Ness many years ago up in Philadelphia, and still email them every once in a while, and the last I heard from them was that they have the authorization to do one throwback jersey of the Cowboys, and that was Dorsett, and it was only a few of them. Jerry won't let them do any other players... yet. The "Authentic" throwbacks you see on eBay are junk, most of them aren't even close to being asthetically accurate. They are made in Korea, (trust me, when I was in Pusan two years ago I watched them being made out on Texas Street while the customers watched) they put the M&N tag on there and it's out the door for $20-$40. The problem started when Pete moved his manufacturing over there because of the cheap labor and they just make whatever they want to now... regardless of what he is allowed to make. They have all the official badging but the fakes don't have to pass his quality control which is very stringent and therefore you have a junk jersey that will just about fall apart at the seams after it's washed just one wash.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
The majority of teens in my high school( predominately black school) wear throwbacks. I even see "Mitchell and Ness" throwbacks of college jerseys for players, which of course they dont actually make. And players jerseys that are Mitchell and Ness, that arent actually even players Mitchell and Ness make.

But as far as the quality, besides the stitching on the name tag under the Mitchell and Ness logoat the bottom of the jersey, they mostly look real(im pretty good at identifying fakes due 2 some sites I have that show u what to look out for). And i've never heard of any of my friends jerseys falling apart at the seams.

I was just pointing that out to people who want Dallas Cowboys authentic look, but dont have the funds to shell out to get the real deal.