New Group Member from Wales....

nikdavies15

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

My name is Nik and I just thought I'd introduce myself to the group. I've been a Cowboys fan for the past 24 years ever since I saw my first game on TV in the UK - Cowboys vs Commanders, Monday Night, September 5th 1983, 31-30 to the 'boys in one of the greatest games ever.

Not that the game meant much to me back then as a 9 year old, Welsh rugby fanatic. I just liked Blue and Danny White wore number 11 - my birthday.

I realised my dream of watching a game at Texas Stadium back in 2000 which unfortunately happened to be Troy Aikman's last game ever, the home win against the Commanders on 10th December 2000 - a day I shall never forget.

Since then I have been travelling each year to see my 'boys 3, 4 and sometimes 5 times a year often arriving on Saturday, seeing the game on Sunday, and going home to the UK on Monday.

Thankfully for my bank balance, I moved to New York earlier this year and fully intend on getting my fill of games. I couldn't make the fantastic opening effort against the Giants, but I will be there in Miami. I shall respond to Dallas22's post later on.

Guys and girls.....I bleed silver and blue.

Speak to you all soon.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Welcome.

So, how did you you follow the games while in Europe?

I understand there is some sort of internet subscription service in place now .... similar to NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV, except via the internet. Have you had any experience with it?

nikdavies15

Reaction score
I have to admit, I've not heard of that. I left the UK back in January so it could be new for this season. I always used NFL radio, and constant telephone calls to my friend Cowboy Jeff during game breaks.

What we have had for a few years on TV is something called SKY TV which is satellite tv. They have a SKY SPORTS package that plays four games on a Sunday, all live. The only problem was the time difference. They would always try to show east coast games (5 hours diff) or early west coast (8 hours), but you never chose the games. It would just be luck if the Cowboys would be shown.

Live Monday night games would be shown by our Channel 5, but again, due to the time difference it would start at stupid o'clock in the morning. I had major trouble with work as result of these games!

After suffering with these options, and with the travel demands, I decided a move here was long overdue.

Thanks for the welcome....

ologan

Reaction score
Welcome,and you must be proud to be related to Josey!