New Mock...better Than My First...

WhizKid

Reaction score
After all the thoughts and opinions I got from my earlier posting I have come up with my second Mock...

Trade our 1st (#11) and 4th (109) down to Jacksonville for their 1st(#21) and their 2nd(#52) and 3rd (#87)

Trade our #20 to Cleveland for their 2nd (#34) and 3rd (#67) this year.

Draft based on the fact that we don't get Howard.

1a. David Pollack ( although size is small, Pollack is a definite pass rusher )
2a. Daryl Blackstock ( Outside linebacker with good skills and size )
2b. Matt Jones ( 6'6" says redzone threat all over him, plus speed watch him down field )
2c. Josh Bullocks ( a free safety that we desperately need, although him falling this far could be unlikely, you never know)
3a. Logan Mankins ( OT at FresnoState who is really good, and a definite sleeper, a lot of Fresno's rushing success came from this side, this means a lot)
3b. Kay-Jay Harris or Brandon Jacobs ( both backs would work and either or here would be good, either at backup or FB convert)
5.. Vincent Jackson ( 6'5" reciever who is a definite sleeper, redzone threat who is physical and uses height as advantage, possession reciever 'future')
6a. Kelvin Hayden ( this guy contributes in every thing he does, first year at Illinois he led team in receiving, next year converts to corner and tears it up)
6b. Jerome Mathis ( Strictly for returning purposes only)
7.. Jamar Enzor (late round LB with really good coverage skills)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
da_whiz_kid said:
opinions?

Well, I would like to see how you project the rest of the first and even second round. If there is a play maker available at #11 sy like Mike WIlliams then I don't want to trade out. Especially if we make a trade for Darren Howard giving up a 2 then I would take the playmaker on offense if there.

All that said, if we get Howard as you suggest then I would want someone like Clayton at 20 I really do like the Blacstock pick though. He will be a player in this league and we could as many of those as we can get.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Well, I would like to see how you project the rest of the first and even second round. If there is a play maker available at #11 sy like Mike WIlliams then I don't want to trade out. Especially if we make a trade for Darren Howard giving up a 2 then I would take the playmaker on offense if there.

All that said, if we get Howard as you suggest then I would want someone like Clayton at 20 I really do like the Blacstock pick though. He will be a player in this league and we could as many of those as we can get.

I'd give up on Mike Williams at #11 cajun. He'd be picked 3 or 4 times before then!

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
da_whiz_kid said:
After all the thoughts and opinions I got from my earlier posting I have come up with my second Mock...

Trade our 1st (#11) and 4th (109) down to Jacksonville for their 1st(#21) and their 2nd(#52) and 3rd (#87)

2b. Matt Jones ( 6'6" says redzone threat all over him, plus speed watch him down field )
2c. Josh Bullocks ( a free safety that we desperately need, although him falling this far could be unlikely, you never know)
3a. Logan Mankins ( OT at FresnoState who is really good, and a definite sleeper, a lot of Fresno's rushing success came from this side, this means a lot)
3b. Kay-Jay Harris or Brandon Jacobs ( both backs would work and either or here would be good, either at backup or FB convert)
5.. Vincent Jackson ( 6'5" reciever who is a definite sleeper, redzone threat who is physical and uses height as advantage, possession reciever 'future')
6a. Kelvin Hayden ( this guy contributes in every thing he does, first year at Illinois he led team in receiving, next year converts to corner and tears it up)

I guess the trades were based on the draft-value chart.
I like it a lot, but I'm pretty sure Jackson won't last until the 5th and doubt Jones will be there at 42, though you may change him for T. Murphy and still get a decent draft.

RoundRock Fan

Reaction score
da_whiz_kid said:

jerome mathis wont be there in the sixth. projected to go in the second.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Danny White said:
I'd give up on Mike Williams at #11 cajun. He'd be picked 3 or 4 times before then!

I know that MW will probably be gone. But, why do you want to rain on my parade until it happens? :mad:

What are fantasies for if you don't get the real pretty girl????? :D

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
This mock is silly.

Again, people are failing to understand what trading picks requires. Check out this post here as it applies to you too:

Teams don't just trade up and give up good picks because they are equal on the draft board. They have to want to trade up. And until you give me a reason why Jacksonville would want to give up their #21, second and third just to move up ten spots, then your mock lacks any evaluative merit.

The Cowboys can't force a trade. They can't say: hey! These picks equal the value of our pick here, so you must trade with us so we can trade down.

You have to show who Jacksonville wants so bad at #11 that they would give up that much.

As for the picks you do forecast, I would say that I like Blackstock, Bullocks and Pollack, but I don't think we can get them all. I HATE the pick of Jones. No way we should spend a #2 on a worktout wonder who will have to change positions to make our team. QB's can't automatically change positions and excel... look at Woody Dantzler.

WhizKid

Reaction score
cobra said:
This mock is silly.

Again, people are failing to understand what trading picks requires. Check out this post here as it applies to you too:

Teams don't just trade up and give up good picks because they are equal on the draft board. They have to want to trade up. And until you give me a reason why Jacksonville would want to give up their #21, second and third just to move up ten spots, then your mock lacks any evaluative merit.

The Cowboys can't force a trade. They can't say: hey! These picks equal the value of our pick here, so you must trade with us so we can trade down.

You have to show who Jacksonville wants so bad at #11 that they would give up that much.

As for the picks you do forecast, I would say that I like Blackstock, Bullocks and Pollack, but I don't think we can get them all. I HATE the pick of Jones. No way we should spend a #2 on a worktout wonder who will have to change positions to make our team. QB's can't automatically change positions and excel... look at Woody Dantzler.

but then again you got those people who think mock drafts are real and that it's GOING to happen, it's more of a draft that would be good IF it happened, it's not real it's just a draft in your opinion that would be good or decent. As to me giving you a reason why the trades would happen, who cares it's a mock, it's not real. Most of theses mocks on here are probably way off from what will really happen anyways.

ghst187

Reaction score
cobra said:
QB's can't automatically change positions and excel... look at Woody Dantzler.

Hines Ward, Randel El, Kordell Stewart (before he insisted he was a QB)

I do agree with your point though BUUUUUUUUUT if there's one guy with the athleticism and tantalizing size that would entice me to take a chance (not to mention our redzone woes for the last 8 years)...it would be Matt Jones. This guy is a GREAT athlete and he's freakin 6'6 with those soft, palmolive basketball hands.

As for the mock...give me Jonathan Goddard with 3a instead of the tackle and I'd take it.