New Mozilla Firefox out...

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Well.... have you tried it? Whats new? How's it handle? Does it get good gas mileage? :)

Tell BP...

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Princess said:
Well.... have you tried it? Whats new? How's it handle? Does it get good gas mileage? :)

Tell BP...

Fabulous, clean interface, automatic updates. Not sure if they fixed the memory leak problem, that and some extentions are slow to catch up.

Other than that, Love it!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GTaylor said:
Fabulous, clean interface, automatic updates. Not sure if they fixed the memory leak problem, that and some extentions are slow to catch up.

Other than that, Love it!

Ditto

I actually don't notice too much difference with just normal browsing but behind the scenes it is much better.

Another thing of note...I used to use Opera for a long time but got tired of the ads in the top bar.

However I find out recently that you can still get it free but now without the Ads.

I may start using it as it seems much better then it was before.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Stupid PC guy question here...

I have Mozilla, is this an update or completely seperate? [/idiot]

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
It's an upgrade in that all of your settings will follow over to the new release (And a nice one at that), however like in the past you'll have to install this by itself. So to answer your question...I guess you can say it's sorta both.

The good news is any new releases from now on will be treated as upgrades, should work in the same fashion as when you upgrade your extentions...speaking of which, some are slow to catch up to 1.5. On a few (Cookie Culler/Linky) I had to go to the developer's homepage and manually download/install. Other than that you shouldn't have any problems.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Be aware some of your old extensions may not be compitable with 1.5 I lost Print it; Spell Bound and Tab Mix at this point

I can replace spellbound with the google toolbar add on

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Be aware some of your old extensions may not be compitable with 1.5 I lost Print it; Spell Bound and Tab Mix at this point

I can replace spellbound with the google toolbar add on

OK Found out some info

If you use spellbound uninstall the extension close the browser reopen and reinstall it issue fixed

Second Tab Mix for 1.5 is still around but in Tab Mix Plus forum only

Print It i am still researching but it was a cool tool