New NFL rule?

ZenItRam

Reaction score
It seems every year there's a new rule made for a play one of the cowboys players makes. So, I have a question ... is there going to be a rule preventing NFL linebackers from wearing gloves?

DeMarcus Ware said:
"I tried to bat the ball down,'' he said, "but I closed my arms and squeezed my hands on it, and there she was. I believe my gloves helped me grip it, because I really can't catch.'' On the next series, Ware pressured Vick into a 12-yard sack by Jason Hatcher. For the game, he had five tackles, a half-sack, a forced fumble and a deflected pass.

Now that D-Ware credited his gloves for helping him make that catch, will the NFL prohibit linebackers from wearing them?

:banghead:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
ZenItRam;1244189 said:
It seems every year there's a new rule made for a play one of the cowboys players makes. So, I have a question ... is there going to be a rule preventing NFL linebackers from wearing gloves?

Now that D-Ware credited his gloves for helping him make that catch, will the NFL prohibit linebackers from wearing them?

Bank on it.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Nah they would never make that rule. They will for T.O though you just watch. "The Say It Don't Spray It Rule"
:lmao:

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
ZenItRam;1244189 said:

I didnt remember this but I was watching some nfl films this weekend, we lost the SF 81 game because of the horsecollar rule or lack thereof. D Pearson was on his way to a td at the end of that game and only one niner was near him and horsecollared him down, how ironic

ravidubey

Reaction score
It's easy to laugh at the idea, but if Ware does it yet again in the playoffs and the gloves are mentioned it will catch the commisioners's ear.