New site already down.....

Skeptic

Reaction score
Saw the new-look Dallascowboys.com earlier this morning, but now when I check in after work, we're back to the same old boring design.

Jerry, you're a millionaire. Hire a few quality IT guys.

All I wanted was to listen to the PC. Sheesh.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you ever tried to roll out a website like dc.com? It's not as easy as slapping some HTML code together...

Maybe they should've rolled it out at a different time, but anything can happen when you're trying to go live on a project.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Have you ever tried to roll out a website like dc.com? It's not as easy as slapping some HTML code together...

Maybe they should've rolled it out at a different time, but anything can happen when you're trying to go live on a project.
IMO it looks like they just redesigned the page not revamped it all together.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
IMO it looks like they just redesigned the page not revamped it all together.
I agree, but you don't really know what they're doing on the back end to make sure it all works.

They redesigned the page, but just looking at it, it looks like it involves a lot more code than it previously had.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Its not just Dallas with a new site TN, Atlanta and the Lions all have new sites so maybe its something the NFL offered each team and may be having trouble with servers after adding so many new sites. but then again maybe not...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Skeptic said:
All I wanted was to listen to the PC. Sheesh.
No kidding. I don't know about you guys, but I couldn't get DC.com to work for the press conference... Amazing.

Thousands of fans are ready for this PC after a l-o-n-g offseason, and the official site won't even play it. Very frustrating.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
No kidding. I don't know about you guys, but I couldn't get DC.com to work for the press conference... Amazing.

Thousands of fans are ready for this PC after a l-o-n-g offseason, and the official site won't even play it. Very frustrating.
Yeah.

The Listen link led to an archive/schedule page for me.

The Ticket blew up.

I got onto ESPN but just before 4 when they cut Jenny's call short for nothing, it was an ill omen.

But it was on NFL tv.

I am sure dc.com wil archive it pronto, and by tonite everyone can listen or listen again.

Cute thing on JJ. He was referred to as the 'Great Julius Jones', evidently by some media type. Bill pulled him aside and told him to work on being "The Potentially Very Good Julius Jones".
That's one thing they do very well.

Reaction score
I wish DC.com would offer more things on their site... media streaming with highlites... they need to get in touch with the media called the internet a lot better..

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I agree, but you don't really know what they're doing on the back end to make sure it all works.

They redesigned the page, but just looking at it, it looks like it involves a lot more code than it previously had.
True and I'm sure all of us hitting it trying to listen to the PC didn't help lol

Dye

Reaction score
speaking from experience as a web developer, there are a lot of variables involved in successfully launching a new site. the problem the site is encountering could be attributed to bandwidth issues, if they infact did migrate the new content to another server.

the language they're using is cold fusion which is a very robust language that typically is dynamic-site driven using sql to serve up pages, unlike static html. i assume, due to the volume of visitors hitting the site at the time of the press conference, that it probably shut down the server due to the sheer volume of hits.

i would think a company that was outsourced to do this organization's site would have created fault tolerances and had the foresight to anticipate this type of problem. i'm sure they'll be ready for it next time.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:
I wish DC.com would offer more things on their site... media streaming with highlites... they need to get in touch with the media called the internet a lot better..

I agree - and the internet needs to get in touch with streaming media better ... it'd be cool if they went hand in hand ...

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I can fathom the sheer complexity of the upgrade task, if not the details.

But I dont get this:

why would you launch the new site today, and not last week, and in the meantime work the kinks out?

It's not like the grand opening of a new shopping mall.

Skeptic

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I can fathom the sheer complexity of the upgrade task, if not the details.

But I dont get this:

why would you launch the new site today, and not last week, and in the meantime work the kinks out?

It's not like the grand opening of a new shopping mall.

Typical Jerry fingerprints.

It HAS to be unveiled the SAME day that TC starts.

The guy has a flair for the dramatic. Surprised he didn't parachute into TC today.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Skeptic said:

The guy has a flair for the dramatic. Surprised he didn't parachute into TC today.

:laugh2:

Exactly.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:

I have actually spoken voice with them before. The site used to go down for the draft every year, so once I fired off an angry e-mail to Jerry Jones and he actually got it (well, Jerry Jones Jr got it). My e-mail stated that I was a 10 year technology veteran and VP of a technology firm, and if he needed help just ask (summarizing).

Anyway, JJ forwarded it to the head of IT and we talked for about 30 minutes. Talk about clueless! Don't mean to be mean spirited or anything, but really the IT guys there have no clue.

It looks like they relaunched with more Cold Fusion but the site is in poor shape. I've launched hundreds of sites like this and you never go into production without scale testing.

I agree with the original poster, I hate having our first class organization with a third rate web site.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Skeptic said:

Well, he's the marketing genius billionarie, not I, but coordinating the launch of the new look dc.com for today wouldn't have made us all go googoo eyes even it had 'worked' perfectly.

Cuz today we're only about CONTENT, not bells and whistles. There could have been dancing girls streaming out of that site, and we'd still only be trying to catch Bill's every word.

A perfect waste of an 'event', I think, when there could have been two in one week, or even better, one last week when we were at wits end from offseason depression.

But then again, what do I know. ;)

Jerry doesn't get "foreplay" I guess.

And look. The climax was a dud.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Well, he's the marketing genius billionarie, not I, but coordinating the launch of the new look dc.com for today wouldn't have made us all go googoo eyes even it had 'worked' perfectly.

Cuz today we're only about CONTENT, not bells and whistles. There could have been dancing girls streaming out of that site, and we'd still only be trying to catch Bill's every word.

A perfect waste of an 'event', I think, when there could have been two in one week, or even better, one last week when we were at wits end from offseason depression.

But then again, what do I know. ;)

Jerry doesn't get "foreplay" I guess.

And look. The climax was a dud.

We love it when you talk dirty :D