Newest mock draft.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
This is my newest mock here's a link to the last ones that I did.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131637
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132990
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134427

Alright now that's out of the way lets get to it.

2. Tyrone Mckenzie OLB South Florida 6-2 235 will be able to add depth and improve our coverage skills at the LB'r position.

3. Rashad Johnson FS Alamba 6-0 190 Will help elevate the crap play we've seen at the safety position. Play maker can change games ball hawking safety.

4a. Jamon Meredith OT South Carolina 6-5 304 Can play either LT or RT he will provide instant depth. I think he also played some guard very versatile.

4b. Ray Feinga OG BYU 6-5 338 The size that we like for the O Line. He provides solid interior depth.

5a. Ramses Burden WR Cal Poly 6-6 224 We have RW and TO this may not seem like a positiion we need however....we need to develop someone else. With Austin emerging we can get rid of Hurd and Stanback.

5b Jarron Gilbert DT San Joses State 6-5 280 re defines the line of scrimmage this guy lives in the backfield with 21.5 tackles. We've been suspect against the run this year.

6 Jasper Brinley ILB South Carolina 6-2 265 injuries drop his stock however if he can stay healthy he can be good at the next level.

7a Brandon Swain DE West Texas A&M 6-3 256 you can never have to many pass rushers in 07 he terrozised QB with 24 tackles for less and 14 sacks.

7b Sammie Lee HIll DT Still Man 6-4 328 big massive DT that stops the run. His 07 stats are 52 TT 14 tackles for loss 4.5 sacks 1 INT 3 PBU.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Just my opinion so please don't take personally.

I'd hate the McKenzie pick. I've watched a few South Florida games and he hasn't shown me that he will be a top NFL linebacker. I would be thrilled with Rashad Johnson in the 3rd. I also think Barden and Brinkley will go higher than you have them projected. Overall, I'd be extremely disappointed with this draft. Especially not adding a NT until the 7th round.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
WOW I would think someone would get fired if that was our draft, drafting an O.L.b. to move inside who IMO isn't big enough to play I.L.B., that's the reason why Burnett isn't playing full time, cause he's too small to hold up at I.L.B., so why draft another Burnett clone with our top pick?

Our #1 off season need IMO is to get not just one but two big N.T.'s, this draft doesn't have us taking ONE N.T. till round 7, so for these 2 reasons I hate this draft.

I like Brinkley and Gilbert picks, but don't see the reason to draft another W.R. at all either, I mean, we have T.O. and RW, now with Austin taking over as the #3 W.R. and now have Crayton as the best #4 W.r. in the league, I don't see us drafting a W.r. at all, keep Stanback another year to see how he improves with yet another year and see what we got in Amendola and we got Hurd also in the mix and what not, I'd rather use our 5th rounder on a different position.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2437078 said:
Just my opinion so please don't take personally.

I'd hate the McKenzie pick. I've watched a few South Florida games and he hasn't shown me that he will be a top NFL linebacker. I would be thrilled with Rashad Johnson in the 3rd. I also think Barden and Brinkley will go higher than you have them projected. Overall, I'd be extremely disappointed with this draft. Especially not adding a NT until the 7th round.

Barden 40 time will determine his draft stock. If he runs under a 4.5 he will be gone earlier. What about McKenize don't you like actually besides the fact that he won't be a top NFL line backer. We don't need one we need some one who has shown to have coverage ability and a tackling ability he fights that perfectly. Well the NT thing is IDK if there's one of the size that we want in the position that we will draft. So I don't mind I think we may land a free agent at the positon.

ThatsmyQB;2437637 said:
WOW I would think someone would get fired if that was our draft, drafting an O.L.b. to move inside who IMO isn't big enough to play I.L.B., that's the reason why Burnett isn't playing full time, cause he's too small to hold up at I.L.B., so why draft another Burnett clone with our top pick?

Our #1 off season need IMO is to get not just one but two big N.T.'s, this draft doesn't have us taking ONE N.T. till round 7, so for these 2 reasons I hate this draft.

I like Brinkley and Gilbert picks, but don't see the reason to draft another W.R. at all either, I mean, we have T.O. and RW, now with Austin taking over as the #3 W.R. and now have Crayton as the best #4 W.r. in the league, I don't see us drafting a W.r. at all, keep Stanback another year to see how he improves with yet another year and see what we got in Amendola and we got Hurd also in the mix and what not, I'd rather use our 5th rounder on a different position.

Give me the name of a big NT. After watching BC play I don't like Raji or Brace don't think they have the motor for a 3-4. He is big enough to play in a 3-4. Considering the way Ratliff is playing i don't think NT is the #1 need however. FYI some is also going to move when they played a 4-3 as opposed to a 3-4 get over it man.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Give me the name of a big NT.

Dorell Scott

After watching BC play I don't like Raji or Brace don't think they have the motor for a 3-4.

I beg to differ, I would actually like us to draft BOTH of them, one to be our starter and the other to be the backup.

He is big enough to play in a 3-4

I don't mind that pick, I just think we are gonna need a N.T. to come in and START from day 1 to move Ratliff to D.E. is all and he's a 7th round pick, if they had us taking a big N.T. in round 2 or 3 and then added this N.T. in round 7 I'd be all for it.

Considering the way Ratliff is playing i don't think NT is the #1 need however.

Disagree, Ratliff is playing great, he could be playing MUCH BETTER if he was moved outside to End, plus as good as Ratliff is, he gets pushed back and pushed around on a lot of running plays where they double team him up the middle and for the 3-4 to be effective, they need a full time N.T. who can consistenly take on double teams without getting pushed backwards, and that's not ratliff.

FYI some is also going to move when they played a 4-3 as opposed to a 3-4 get over it man

No kidding, FINALLY GLAD to see you say SOME and not ALL. ;)
I just think he's too small IMO and for my taste is all.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Dorell Scott
IDK he doesn't seem good enough.

I beg to differ, I would actually like us to draft BOTH of them, one to be our starter and the other to be the backup.
I don't like mental midgets that don't show up late in games.

I don't mind that pick, I just think we are gonna need a N.T. to come in and START from day 1 to move Ratliff to D.E. is all and he's a 7th round pick, if they had us taking a big N.T. in round 2 or 3 and then added this N.T. in round 7 I'd be all for it.
IDK man.
Disagree, Ratliff is playing great, he could be playing MUCH BETTER if he was moved outside to End, plus as good as Ratliff is, he gets pushed back and pushed around on a lot of running plays where they double team him up the middle and for the 3-4 to be effective, they need a full time N.T. who can consistenly take on double teams without getting pushed backwards, and that's not ratliff.
I think it would be easier to find a DE then a NT. We will be hard pressed to find a NT that putting up the numbers raliff is in the 3-4. It would be nice for him to play DE however it would be easier to upgrade at DE and not lose the production that Ratliff gives up. Unless there's a chance of us getting Terrance Cody there's no DT that's going to allow us to move Ratliff to DE and being able to hold up and do what we want.

No kidding, FINALLY GLAD to see you say SOME and not ALL. ;)
I just think he's too small IMO and for my taste is all.
Any 4-3 OLB that wants to play in a 3-4 will get moved insides. He's not that small.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
not bad...i dont like drafting a WR this year....id prefer to add another DB....especially safety....Watkins, Brown, and Davis suck in coverage. Hamlin has done little since last year. Roy cant cover a baby with a king sized blanket.

i think rashad johnson will have to be taken in the 2nd....i dont see him falling to the 3rd....but i love that pick.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
don't like the fact that you have us taking 3, small-school players

don't think Gilbert falls that low, I think he's a solid 3rd round prospect right now

Johnson may be stretching it in the 3rd

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2438438 said:

don't think Gilbert falls that low, I think he's a solid 3rd round prospect right now

i have no problem with 3 small school picks....especially since we will most likely have 12 picks....so that is 9 big school and 3 small school picks. I can live with that.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2438460 said:
i have no problem with 3 small school picks....especially since we will most likely have 12 picks....so that is 9 big school and 3 small school picks. I can live with that.

I like the route we took w/ Bill Parcells, Div 1 players, interspersed w/ a small-school guy every now and then

what I really want to see in mocks is another undersized, but very fast LB, sort of like how the Ravens use Antwan Barnes, dude is super fast, we could use a player like him

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Below is a list of players I hope Dallas will take a strong look at. In fact, if we were able to get most of the ones in blue, I would be ecstatic.

Quarterback
Colt McCoy - Texas
Mike Reilly - Central Washington

Offensive Tackles
LT - Ramon Foster - Tennessee
LT - Jose Valdez - Arkansas
LT - Alex Boone - tOSU
LT - Gerald Cadogan - Penn St.
RT - Dallas Reynolds - BYU

Offensive Guards
OG - Kraig Urbik - Wisconsin
OG - Cedrick Dockery - UT
OG - Louis Vasquez - TT
OG - Steve Rehring - tOSU

Center
Eric Wood - Louisville

Linebacker
OLB Phillip Hunt - Houston
OLB Diyral Briggs - Bowling Green
OLB Brandon Swain - WTAMU
OLB Kenny Mainor - Troy
ILB Ben Owens - Arkansas St.
ILB Josh Mauga - Nevada

Defensive Line
DE - Vince Oghobaase - Duke
DT - Ron Brace - BC
DT - Sammie Lee Hill - Stillman

Defensive Backs
CB - Joe Burnett - UCF
CB - Sherrod Martin - Troy
S - Rashad Johnson - Alabama
S - Darcel McBath - TT
S - Derek Pegues - Mississippi St.

BLUE = favorites

I have ignored the RB, FB, WR, TE, K, and P positions for this year's draft. IMO, our biggest needs are in the areas that I have listed.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
These are players I would like out of that bunch for Dallas!

Offensive Tackles

Offensive Guards
OG - Louis Vasquez - TT

Defensive Line
DT - Ron Brace - BC

Defensive Backs

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2439151 said:
These are players I would like out of that bunch for Dallas!

Offensive Tackles

Offensive Guards
OG - Louis Vasquez - TT

Defensive Line
DT - Ron Brace - BC

Defensive Backs

Valdez was the T that blocked for DMac and Jones.
Cadogan is an anchor on a very stout PSU line.
Wood is a student of the game and plays with a huge mean streak. I love the combination of smart and nasty.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2438399 said:
not bad...i dont like drafting a WR this year....id prefer to add another DB....especially safety....Watkins, Brown, and Davis suck in coverage. Hamlin has done little since last year. Roy cant cover a baby with a king sized blanket.

i think rashad johnson will have to be taken in the 2nd....i dont see him falling to the 3rd....but i love that pick.

Hopefully Rashad can be had in the 3rd round. However I wouldn't complain if we took him in the second. Watkins Brown Davis and Hamlin do suck in coverage. Defintley need an upgrade there.

Bob Sacamano;2438438 said:

I was thinking the same thing about the small school people. But i like some of those prospects. As for Gilbert on nfldraftscout they have him ranked pretty low. Of course his stock is rising and after the combine that will probably change. As for Johnson draftscout has him going in the 4th or fifth.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2439681 said:
Watkins Brown Davis and Hamlin do suck in coverage.
Yet you think ROY WILLIAMS doesn't suck in coverage, go figure!
Watkins and Brown are expendable, the only play I saw Davis let up all year was the one long pass to Davis who's just a BEAST at T.E., but Hamlin is a very good safety and isn't getting many picks, but certainly is no slouch in coverage, his INT totals has more to do with our bend but don't break defense.

Hopefully once Pacman comes back and hopefully he starts opposite Newman in place of Henry, then we can really try getting after the Q.B. and creating more turnovers.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2440989 said:

Watkins and Brown are expendable, the only play I saw Davis let up all year was the one long pass to Davis who's just a BEAST at T.E., but Hamlin is a very good safety and isn't getting many picks, but certainly is no slouch in coverage, his INT totals has more to do with our bend but don't break defense.

Hopefully once Pacman comes back and hopefully he starts opposite Newman in place of Henry, then we can really try getting after the Q.B. and creating more turnovers.

I think Williams poor coverage goes with out saying.....I was also just referring to the people that have played this season......Hamlin sucks.....stop trying to justify him...over hyped and over paid......I don't see how you can bash RW and turn around and praise Hamlin when Hamlin is just a worse version of RW.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2440989 said:
DaBoys4Life;2439681 said:

why do u always have to bring up Roy Williams? I think we have all established his lack of coverage skills over the past 2 years. why do u feel the need to consistently beat a dead horse?

to hell with Pacman. I would rather not pin my hopes on a fella who is one incident away from operating the fry machine at McDonalds. if he pans out, sweet....if not, oh well. i prefer to focus on Newman, Jenkins, Scandrick, and Ball. I would like to get one or two CBs in the next draft, and see if Ball or Pac can be beaten out.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2441627 said:
I Hamlin sucks.....stop trying to justify him...over hyped and over paid......

Why?
cause he doesn't have the INT's that he had last year?
Other then that, he's having a very solid season and not allowing many big plays at all.

I don't see how you can bash RW and turn around and praise Hamlin when Hamlin is just a worse version of RW

RW couldn't hold Hamlins' JOCK, RW was good his rookie seaosn and has gone downhill every year after with the past 3 seasons being a HUGE LIABILITY when he was on the field, as much as you don't like Hamlin, he's not getting beat BRUTALLY 4-5 times a WEEK like RW used too the past couple years!

I know everyone is getting on McNabb for not knowing a game could end in a tie, or I remember the stupd saying Randy Moss said when he won rookie of the year, he said he wonders if he'll ever get the chance to do this gain in his career, BUT the funniest quote goes to RW,, who on covering the receiver said it's hard, I don't know what to do and have trouble cause I mean, the receiver can either go left or go right, it's a 50/50 chance I have to take and it's basically like I have to just GUESS and hope I pick the right one otherwise I'm gonna get beat. LOL
Don't quote me, but it's close enough to what he said!