Newman as Situational WR?

JaiRiid

Reaction score
Last year Newman lined up as a WR in different situations (if I remember correctly)... just wondering if anyone had heard anything about him doing that at all this season... I have yet to read anything on it and the press hasn't asked Parcells about it to my knowledge...

I believe we only carried four WR's last year so that mightve been a reason for him to be integrated in, but this year it looks as if we could carry 5 or 6 so I don't know that it would be something we do.

ravidubey

Reaction score
JaiRiid said:
Last year Newman lined up as a WR in different situations (if I remember correctly)... just wondering if anyone had heard anything about him doing that at all this season... I have yet to read anything on it and the press hasn't asked Parcells about it to my knowledge...

I believe we only carried four WR's last year so that mightve been a reason for him to be integrated in, but this year it looks as if we could carry 5 or 6 so I don't know that it would be something we do.

This is the most essential player on our defense, the one guy we can't afford to lose. If he is lost to injury because he was returning punts or lined up as a WR I'll go crazy.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
This is the most essential player on our defense, the one guy we can't afford to lose. If he is lost to injury because he was returning punts or lined up as a WR I'll go crazy.

Im with you, to lose Newman now will force Dallas to change the way they play defense.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Dallas had 4 receivers active on game day most of the time, Key, Glenn, Crayton and Copper. Price was a 5th receiver for a brief time and also was inactive a few games and then the 4th guy while Crayton was injured.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
dont like it at all, just to watch his footwork at camp and how precise his movements were, I mean no wasted movements and everything at 110%. Just not worth the risk

AbeBeta

Reaction score
why do people want to see defenders trying to be offensive players.

the only player i ever saw who was decent in this role was Deion. Newman is great -- but talent-wise he's no Deion.

conner01

Reaction score
i would stick him in there a few times if for no other reason the defense will have to adjust for his speed. think about the oofense going no huddle and one guy slips off and newman slips on the field. could draw a t.o. or confuse the defense. i would'nt be putting him out there 10 times a game but i would give him a few plays thru out the season.he's to dangerous with the ball in his hands to ignore

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I love it. Sneak him in there every once in a while against a slow CB, or just as a decoy to loosen up a zone.

Teams would have to respect his speed... Or they might even throw it to him. :eek:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Because it's super-cool?

Its like TEH AWESOME!!1111!!!! on Madden!

I bet Newman wouldn't get sand in his ****** and have to miss either practice/game either, unlike our starting WR's.

(Eagerly awaits for someone to explode and tell me Owens is tough/Glenn is tough)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage said:

I bet Newman wouldn't get sand in his ****** and have to miss either practice/game either, unlike our starting WR's.

(Eagerly awaits for someone to explode and tell me Owens is tough/Glenn is tough)
They both sound like gritty players to me.

superpunk

Reaction score
Vintage said:

Any post that references Cpt. Sandy ****** is alright by me.

But seriously....it's super-cool to trot out a DB as a WR - PLUS, we then get to hype them like CRAZY!!!!

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Any post that references Cpt. Sandy ****** is alright by me.

But seriously....it's super-cool to trot out a DB as a WR - PLUS, we then get to hype them like CRAZY!!!!

I know!

Woodson lives off of it still!

w00t?

newmanfan41

Reaction score
I have actually watched a couple games whenTerrence played at Kansas State. The coach did throw him into the game on offense a couple times and he did a great job. He even made a couple key plays on offense in the bowl game against Arizona State. I just thought I would throw that information out there. I am with you guys though, I would hate for him to get injured on offense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
newmanfan41 said:
I have actually watched a couple games whenTerrence played at Kansas State. The coach did throw him into the game on offense a couple times and he did a great job. He even made a couple key plays on offense in the bowl game against Arizona State. I just thought I would throw that information out there. I am with you guys though, I would hate for him to get injured on offense.

I agree would not care to see him on offense, although I have no issue with using him to return punts in critical situations

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Newman is faster than most of our WRs but he is also faster than most of our DBs. He might still serve as an emergency back up WR. Or not with our herd of TEs. (%

Shaun

Reaction score
I think we should stop playing him on defense too, because he might get injured.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
roflol, very bad Shaun. If he is going to play all day on D I would druther not see him at WR or KR myself. Not that I think he cannot, just thats a load to put on him. (%

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Well they had an article with newman a week ago posted here talking about newman returning punts some more this year and BP telling him to be ready and then when asked about newman playing some offense newman supposedly smiled put his hands together and said " I want to get my hands a little dirty"