Newman unlikely to start this year?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Got to love PFT they are so "in the know"

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/30/cowboys-newman-suffers-groin-tear/

An MRI exam Tuesday revealed that Dallas Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman suffered a torn groin during a training camp drill on Monday.
But as serious and painful as a groin tear sounds, Newman actually says it’s not that bad, and he’ll be back in time for the regular season.

“I’m not worried at all, it’s not that severe of an injury,” Newman said. “… Being so early, you don’t want to rush to get back and then have to deal with something else down the line. A lot of times, one injury can lead to another injury if you do rush back because you’re compensating one way or another, so we’re just taking our time, letting it heal and trying to get ready towards the end of camp.”

Newman played 13 games for the Cowboys last season and started 11. The Cowboys spent a first-round draft pick on cornerback Mike Jenkins, traded for cornerback Adam Jones and still have starter Anthony Henry, so Newman is unlikely to start this year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This is just my opinion but the words "torn" and "groin" should never be said together.

:omg:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Romo and TO will also be relegated second team so Newman won't feel lonely.

PosterChild

Reaction score
beyond2.gif

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
nyc;2166485 said:
Romo and TO will also be relegated second team so Newman won't feel lonely.

Don't forget Witten since he was a 3rd rounder and we drafted Bennett in the 2nd. :laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The story is true, Newman will not start in the 1st game this year vs San Diego :laugh2:

bigE79

Reaction score
after listening to TNEW on MIKES SHOW on espn,TNEW says he is feeling much better and even though the coach says 3 weeks,he feels it will be closer to 2...so i tend to believe TNEW over anyone else:star:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2166487 said:
Mike Florio is an Eagles fan and he is a complete freak'n moron.

Florio didn't write that story

EndGame

Reaction score
What in the bloody blue heck were those guys thinking? Newman is a Pro Bowler. We're going to sit him for a rookie and/or a guy who is just coming off suspension (and actually is STILL suspended as we're discussing this)??!?

:bang2:

Reaction score
Newman will be fine after I thought about it, you rather have this happen now instead of the regular season...

Tovya

Reaction score
Well I certainly hope that no one had put too much faith in the moving Henry to safety... or you may very well be sorely disappointed this season.

reddyuta

Reaction score
the thread title scared me-please include PFT in the thread title ,so I know what to expect.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tovya;2166507 said:
Well I certainly hope that no one had put too much faith in the moving Henry to safety... or you may very well be sorely disappointed this season.
I don't think an early training camp injury necessarily changes the entire defensive strategy for the season. Let's wait and see how Newman fares when he comes back.

Tovya

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2166534 said:
I don't think an early training camp injury necessarily changes the entire defensive strategy for the season. Let's wait and see how Newman fares when he comes back.

Oh I agree. I was just making the point that people are being too quick to start making plans on shifting around our secondary...

Newman's health (which recently has been a concern anyway)

Pacman's reinstatement and getting himself back into elite playing form

Jenkin's ability to transform college dominance into NFL success

and more importantly, figuring out Roy's role in this seasons secondary. Did he learn from his past 2 seasons serious mistakes, or is it too late to change him into a coverage SS?

Too many unknowns to make too many plans.

CoCo

Reaction score
PFT might want to consider offering the Brooklyn Bridge for sale as well to their paid subscribers

:laugh2: