Newman's INT

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I thought that play was going to be challenged, honestly. I still haven't seen it in a real good view, but it didnt look to me like it was DEFINITELY caught. I just thought it was weird that no one anywhere talked about that.

thescarface1989

Reaction score
Yep I was waiting for the challenge from GB, I guessed they were probley more concerned with the injury to Brett on the play.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I was wondering that when it happened live, but there was so much focus on Favre's getting hurt that I never saw a good replay.

But I thought this thread was going to be about what a good play he made to catch it. Unlike Hamlin's, this INT took a really athletic play to get to the ball before it hit the ground.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;1804791 said:
I thought that play was going to be challenged, honestly. I still haven't seen it in a real good view, but it didnt look to me like it was DEFINITELY caught. I just thought it was weird that no one anywhere talked about that.

I'll tell you, it was a very athletic play. In the space of one second on the game clock, Newman changed direction from the 47 of Dallas to the 47 of Green Bay, covering six yards and laying out as well as getting his hands underneath the ball.

His momentum carried him to the 45, 8 yards in little more than one second. He is one fast dude!

DBoys

Reaction score
There was only one angle that they played and it was hard to tell if he got his hands under the ball.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
thescarface1989;1804802 said:
Yep I was waiting for the challenge from GB, I guessed they were probley more concerned with the injury to Brett on the play.

I guess so.
I'm just surprised that all these media types didn't talk about it.

Reaction score
I replayed it in slow mo in HD on my tivo, and it was clear to me that he caught it. No ball movement, and his hands were under it the whole time.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
It is surprising how in this day and age of announcers scrutinizing plays, replaying the questionable calls, and officials reviewing every game changing play, that some plays that you and I are accustomed to being reviewed not only go unreviewed but are not even discussed.

The Newman INT was one that I thought would be reviewed and/or discussed by the announcers, but was not.

I have only seen one angle and from it it looks like Newman did get his hands under the ball, but usually we see many angles on plays like that.

And did anyone else think the Steeler that stepped on Ricky Williams could have avoided it?

And yet I have heard nothing that it was intentional or dirty football, which it looked to be to me.

thurmansthieves

Reaction score
I'm with you on that Ricky Williams injury. Almost like he went out of his way to step on him. Definitely wasnt a normal step.....but I don't know if he stepped high on Williams' back (flat surface) to avoid an arm or something else that may have posed a risk to him rolling his ankle

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course they didn't replay it. THE GREAT BRETT FAVRE was injured damn*t! Nothing else on Earth matters.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The INT disappeared in the 10,000 replays of Favre being knocked out of the game. Priorities.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;1805031 said:
The INT disappeared in the 10,000 replays of Favre being knocked out of the game. Priorities.

The replays did get annoying pretty quick, didn't they?

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I'm happy for TNew, playing hella' good...4INTs already. i'm predicting..6 Ints this season from him. :D

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I will be shocked if Newman doesn't make the probowl this year. He alread had the respect of the players and coaches. He just needed that one highlight return to "impress the rest of the nation" and he did that on Thanksgiving against the Jets. Also game changing Ints against the Skins and Bills should help his cause, and everyone saw him pick of Favre on the injury that was played 1,000,000 times. He should be a lock.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
thescarface1989;1804802 said:

Problem was Green Bay only had one challenge left at the time. If they lost that one and I think they would have, no challenges left, hell even if they won no challenges left.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1805252 said:
Problem was Green Bay only had one challenge left at the time. If they lost that one and I think they would have, no challenges left, hell even if they won no challenges left.

That's not even what surprises me.
I thought it was guaranteed that Collinsworth would say "well did he even catch it?" But he didnt, no one did. The focus must have really just been on Favre, and that's it. That says a lot about the media's love for Favre. It is greater than their hate of the Cowboys.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
kØwbØy;1805049 said:
I'm happy for TNew, playing hella' good...4INTs already. i'm predicting..6 Ints this season from him. :D
Should have had 5. Dropped an easy INT a couple weeks ago. I think it was against the Vikings, I'm not sure.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
impredicting a 2 int game for newman 1 for henry. A return for a td. 5 passing tds from Romo and a combined 2 rushing tds