Next Question!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
During the post game press conference an obviously torn down Romo stood there and answered a barrage of questions. One question and answer stood out to me above all the rest.

Mediot: Tony. Do you believe with all you've done this year that there should be no question that you will be the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys next year?

Romo: I really don't want to answer that.

I love this guy and he is the real deal. This guy brings his heart and lays it on the line every game. Now I was joking with some friends at the sports bar last night saying that Tony was playing as if he had "gotten some really good u know" last night but in all honesty I believe he suffered through firstplayoffgamitis just as most people do. I reminded myself that, although he is in his 4th year in the league, with regards to starting he is a rookie. This guy is going to take so much from what happened last night and it will make him that which we look forward to seeing for years to come. Although he might have botched a snap, greatness is in his grasp.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1297325 said:
During the post game press conference an obviously torn down Romo stood there and answered a barrage of questions. One question and answer stood out to me above all the rest.

I love this guy and he is the real deal. This guy brings his heart and lays it on the line every game. Now I was joking with some friends at the sports bar last night saying that Tony was playing as if he had "gotten some really good u know" last night but in all honesty I believe he suffered through firstplayoffgamitis just as most people do. I reminded myself that, although he is in his 4th year in the league, with regards to starting he is a rookie. This guy is going to take so much from what happened last night and it will make him that which we look forward to seeing for years to come. Although he might have botched a snap, greatness is in his grasp.

How fast he heals from last night will say allot toward were he is headed. The great players in any sport make mistakes, learn from them and rise above them. I think that is what we have in Romo.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hopefully he takes that next step. Nothing is assured. We've been told for years that Eli can only get better, Vick will improve as a passer, McNabb will stop choking when it matters - some guys are what they are. At least with Tony, we have the hope that he'll get better.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Romo will be fine. He needs to go to Hawaii, him and Carrie have a good time, come back, take a few weeks off. First of March, get to work!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
superpunk;1297343 said:
some guys are what they are.

Mr. Parcells? Is that you?

j/k man. ;)

I just don't see Eli taking the next step at all. I think he'll go down as one of the worst decision is Giants history.

"Ronnie Mex Kills the Caoch Part III" coming to a theater near you.

McFlabb should be seeing a sobering reminder that it's not about him. It's about the team. Garcia has come in, sat back, and let the RBs run. Garcia has perfect control over that offense. McFlabb and his me first display on the field is probably not a very good thought in Philly right now.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1297343 said:
Hopefully he takes that next step. Nothing is assured. We've been told for years that Eli can only get better, Vick will improve as a passer, McNabb will stop choking when it matters - some guys are what they are. At least with Tony, we have the hope that he'll get better.

I hope your right. But we still draft a QB just in case. Plus we are in the market for a back up also.

Hunter71

Reaction score
Makes me sick to agree with Bleu but I do...

(that rhyms)...

Romo will be fine and in the spirit of young QB's playing in their first playoffs, he made some gaffes which he'll learn from...

He also made some great throws down the road when it counted, obviously the 4th and 2 to Witten comes to mind, and put us in a position to win, late...

He screwed up and he knows it...

No need to pile on the guy or call for a QB in the draft...

I'll gladly take my chances with him next year and feel very good about that...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Today is going to be a huge measuring stick for Manning in my opinion.
He either gets it done or he will be a huge bust in my book.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think anyone knows just yet - what we have in Romo. We HAVE to get some blocking for him or it won't matter if we have Peyton Manning back there.

I am so friggin' sick and tired of talking about rebuilding the OL at the end of every STINKIN' year.

:bang2:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
well on a good note.....he may have botched the snap...but once he did, he quickly gathered himself and ran his butt off to make the first down or touchdown........he didnt just fall on the ball and give up.....he also threw a great hail mary....Terry Glenn could have caught it.....but watched it fall right in front of him.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Sarge;1297371 said:
I am so friggin' sick and tired of talking about rebuilding the OL at the end of every STINKIN' year.

You and me both man... Can I join you on that wall? :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Biggems;1297372 said:
well on a good note.....he may have botched the snap...but once he did, he quickly gathered himself and ran his butt off to make the first down or touchdown........he didnt just fall on the ball and give up.....he also threw a great hail mary....Terry Glenn could have caught it.....but watched it fall right in front of him.

Glenn was exactly where he should have been. The play was designed to be tipped to the back of the endzone right where TG was. It wasn't tipped well enough.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Sarge;1297371 said:
I don't think anyone knows just yet - what we have in Romo. We HAVE to get some blocking for him or it won't matter if we have Peyton Manning back there.

like you I think the D is in place. A new DC is in line.
Look for the O to get all the attention this off season. It really isn't far from fixed.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Biggems;1297372 said:

When he was tackled I watched the replay, jumped up and said "He got the first down!!!"

I was quickly brought back down to earth by my buddies who were watching through a lighter shade of rose than me.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bleu Star;1297378 said:
You and me both man... Can I join you on that wall? :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Need 5 of them for the OL, 3 walls only replaces 3 limeman. :D

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;1297384 said:
like you I think the D is in place. A new DC is in line.
Look for the O to get all the attention this off season. It really isn't far from fixed.

If Romo get's solid pass blocking, and time to throw the ball, we'll put up numbers against anyone. I'm not sold on ANY of our current OL. They ALL can be replaced as far as I'm concerned. For me, it's just a matter of who sucks more than the other guy.

The defense.............that's a whole 'nuther scary story.

ologan

Reaction score
Sarge;1297399 said:
If Romo get's solid pass blocking, and time to throw the ball, we'll put up numbers against anyone. I'm not sold on ANY of our current OL. They ALL can be replaced as far as I'm concerned. For me, it's just a matter of who sucks more than the other guy.

No truer words spoken!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Sarge;1297399 said:

I want to point to a few things but when I do a few other things come to light. There are just so many minor issues on this team right now. From the Oline to the coaching, to the suspect play calling, to the defensive scheming, to our uncanny ability to get players mismatched on defense...

Watching Bradie James try to chase Jerramy Steven on a fly rout down the middle of the field with absolutely no help was enough to send me to the vomit pool. Roy Williams is becoming an even greater joke with each passing week.

Why on earth do we find our defense barely getting aligned and set right just before every snap? The opposing offense runs a guy in motion to uncover our intentions on D and it appears as though we don't know if we're in man or zone. We need a new DC in the worst way.