NFC Offensive Player of the Year??

sago1

Reaction score
Almost all Cowboy fans believe Romo should be the MVP this year but understand, unfortunately, that Brady's stats guarantee he wins the award. But the NFC also gives an award to its Offensive Player of the Year. In 2006 that award went to NO QB Drew Brees. Sure seems to me that Romo should win the award in 2007.

BTW: I wonder what the chance is for Ware to win NFC Defensive Player of the Year. Doubt he wins NFL Defensive Player of the Year award unless he ups his sack totals by maybe 5. Also wonder what the chances are for Greg Ellis to win Comeback Player of the Year given his performance this season after his achilles injury.

dallasfan

Reaction score
These are no conference awards there are

MVP-Tom Brady
OPOY-Randy Moss
DPOY-Who knows
OROY-Adrian Peterson
DROY-Patrick Willis
Coach of the year-Mike McCarthy/Romeo Crennel
Comeback player of the year-Brett Farve

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
dallasfan;1833440 said:

MVP-Tom Brady
OPOY-Randy Moss
DPOY-Who knows
OROY-Adrian Peterson
DROY-Patrick Willis
Coach of the year-Mike McCarthy/Romeo Crennel
Comeback player of the year-Brett Farve

Not Greg Ellis for Comeback player of the year? Favre had a pretty decent end of the year last year?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
sago1;1833436 said:
Almost all Cowboy fans believe Romo should be the MVP this year but understand, unfortunately, that Brady's stats guarantee he wins the award. But the NFC also gives an award to its Offensive Player of the Year. In 2006 that award went to NO QB Drew Brees. Sure seems to me that Romo should win the award in 2007.

BTW: I wonder what the chance is for Ware to win NFC Defensive Player of the Year. Doubt he wins NFL Defensive Player of the Year award unless he ups his sack totals by maybe 5. Also wonder what the chances are for Greg Ellis to win Comeback Player of the Year given his performance this season after his achilles injury.
Defensive player will probably go to Kampman

don't be surprised if Offensive player goes to Favre, hoping he'll retire on a high note

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
air0208;1833448 said:
Not Greg Ellis for Comeback player of the year? Favre had a pretty decent end of the year last year?

i think unfortunately the Patriot circus will take control here and end up making Moss the CPOY

ajk23az

Reaction score
Dcowboy84;1833500 said:
i think unfortunately the Patriot circus will take control here and end up making Moss the CPOY

Moss shouldnt get it because taking a year off on his own shouldnt qualify for CPOY.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
air0208;1833520 said:
Moss shouldnt get it because taking a year off on his own shouldnt qualify for CPOY.

i totally agree with you, but i don't think in the end it will matter, they will bypass all that b/c he's a Patriot

ajk23az

Reaction score
CPonder14;1833539 said:
Shouldn't OPOY go to the runner up in the MVP voting?

What if the runner up in the MVP is a defensive player? :D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dallasfan;1833440 said:

MVP-Tom Brady
OPOY-Tony Romo
DPOY-Albert Haynesworth
OROY-Adrian Peterson
DROY-Patrick Willis
Coach of the year-Mike McCarthy
Comeback player of the year-Greg Ellis

fixed:)

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I think Romo and Owens are both right there, T.O. is having a career year, Romo is one of the top QB's - it's a 50/50 I think.

vicjagger

Reaction score
Does anyone besides me think that a player who hasn't missed a start in something like 4 decades, shouldn't really be considered eligible for "Comeback Player of the Year"?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
vicjagger;1833698 said:
Does anyone besides me think that a player who hasn't missed a start in something like 4 decades, shouldn't really be considered eligible for "Comeback Player of the Year"?

i'm right there with 'ya