NFC Playoff Picture Update - 12/12

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The win over the Eagles increased our odds for #1 and #2 seed. We are now 1 in 3 chance to win NFC East. Probably helped San Francisco more than anyone. Their odds of having home field advantage and the bye week went up big and Eagles dropped big. We are now 1 in 4 odds to go to the Super Bowl.

Also, Tampa now has equal shot at NFC South along with ATL and NO. (If we were to be the #5 seed)

nfc_playoffs.jpg

nfc_seeds.jpg

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I also would never have thought that all of the wild card teams would have less than 1% chance of winning the SB....I would have thought it would be more like 5% at least.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
With today’s rankings, we are NFC East champs for the time being until we lose or PHI beats remaining teams.
MicrosoftTeams-image-12-1.png
If the Cowboys can't get the #1 seed, it definitely would be best to get the #2 seed. This way our Cowboys would take care of the Packers in the Wildcard Round, then host the much easier Lions instead of the vengeful Eagles in the Divisional Round. This allows the Eagles and 49ers to beat each other up so much during their Divisional Round match-up, whichever survives would be so badly beat up by the time they meet the Cowboys for the NFC Championship Game, thus greatly increasing the Cowboys chances of reaching the Super Bowl.

T-RO

Reaction score
I also would never have thought that all of the wild card teams would have less than 1% chance of winning the SB....I would have thought it would be more like 5% at least.
This year...in the NFC...many of the WC teams will be very weak. We could see two WC teams below .500 in the NFC.

In the AFC its a different story.

T-RO

Reaction score
With today’s rankings, we are NFC East champs for the time being until we lose or PHI beats remaining teams.
That's a generous way to put it. I prefer to keep it real.

-3 of the 4 teams that Philly face down the stretch are big losers. The only question is their game w/Seattle.
-3 of the 4 teams that Cowboys face are seriously tough. With two very tough road games.
-Let's remember: with likely tie breakers we'll need to have a better record to win the division.

It will be incredibly difficult for the Cowboys to win the division.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can't get the #1 seed, it definitely would be best to get the #2 seed. This way our Cowboys would take care of the Packers in the Wildcard Round, then host the much easier Lions instead of the vengeful Eagles in the Divisional Round. This allows the Eagles and 49ers to beat each other up so much during their Divisional Round match-up, whichever survives would be so badly beat up by the time they meet the Cowboys for the NFC Championship Game, thus greatly increasing the Cowboys chances of reaching the Super Bowl.
based on how it looks today, agreed

Mannix

Reaction score
That's a generous way to put it. I prefer to keep it real.

-3 of the 4 teams that Philly face down the stretch are big losers. The only question is their game w/Seattle.
-3 of the 4 teams that Cowboys face are seriously tough. With two very tough road games.
-Let's remember: with likely tie breakers we'll need to have a better record to win the division.

It will be incredibly difficult for the Cowboys to win the division.
It still sickens me to see our PF and PA compared to Philly and think we both have the same record and they hold the tie breaker…I actually think this should be the second tie breaker used after head to head…much more actual reflection!!!

DallasInDC

Reaction score
This year...in the NFC...many of the WC teams will be very weak. We could see two WC teams below .500 in the NFC.

In the AFC its a different story.
Agreed that they are all weak, but I would have thought the floor once you make the playoffs would be greater than 1%

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Why we already whalloped them with Stafford? There is nothing to fear in a rematch.
I know we beat the crap out of them.....but it seems they're starting to figure things out a bit on offense especially with their run game.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Is this sarcasm? We dismantled the Rams halfway thru the 1st quarter when we played them.
Not sarcasm.......we did smash them good. But they were struggling at the time on offense. They're starting to build something offensively both in the run and pass game. If they go quick pass.....they have the tools to give us huge problems....

Carson

Reaction score
MicrosoftTeams-image-12-1.png
This would be ideal.

Beat the Packers at home, beat the Lions at home. Then you end up in SF or possibly lucky and get Philly at home.