CFZ NFC playoff picture

Jumbo075

Reaction score
There are essentially 11 teams vying for 7 playoff spots. Take away the three NFC south teams with losing records competing for 1 playoff spot, and you have 9 teams vying for the 6 remaining playoff berths.

Let’s talk about the NFC South first. Tampa leads with a 6-7 record, but both Carolina and the Falcons have 5-8 records, only a game behind. The likely scenario is one of these teams wins the NFC South with an 8-9 record.

Of the 6 remaining spots, 4 of them are almost locks. The 49ers and Vikings will almost surely win their Divisions. But the Cowboys and Eagles are fighting for the top seed in the NFC and the NFC East title. The Eagles finish with 3 consecutive games against division opponents, all of whom have winning records. If they lose two of them against the Cowboys and either the Giants or Commanders, the Cowboys can win the NFC East.

12-1 Eagles
10-3 Vikings
9-4 49ers
10-3 Cowboys

That leaves 4 teams competing for the final wildcard spots.

7-5-1 Commanders
7-5-1 Giants
7-6 Seahawks
6-7 Lions

After starting 1-4, the Commanders have a record of 6-1-1, including beating the then undefeated Eagles. After starting the season 1-6, the Lions have won 5 of their last 6 games, including a win against the then 10-2 Vikings. Both of these teams are hot. Meanwhile the Giants are falling apart, winning only 1 game since starting the season 6-1. And the Seahawks have to play the 49ers, and the Chiefs. But the Commanders have games against both the Eagles and Cowboys to close the season, and play the Giants again next week.

It will be a fight to find out who wins the final playoff spots. There is a lot of drama remaining in these final 4 weeks of the season.

Last edited:

lkelly

Reaction score
The Eagles finish with 3 consecutive games against division opponents, all of whom have winning records. If they lose two of them against the Cowboys and either the Giants or Commanders, the Cowboys can win the NFC East.
The Eagles have 4 games remaining against Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans, and New York (Giants). They have already played Washington twice.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think Carolina might actually take the South. Philly is winning the East too. We just can’t screw this up as I see us losing this week, and going to be a tough one on Xmas Eve, which makes the games at Tenny and Wash very difficult.

Fmart322

Reaction score
The Eagles have 4 games remaining against Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans, and New York (Giants). They have already played Washington twice.
The Washington and NY tie is gonna screw the lions imo

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Let's just be honest and stop the division talk. Who do you want to face in the wildcard round?
If we make it to the second game, it probably means we play the eagles.

I would not mind playing Tampa again. Brady has not been the same after his divorce. Guess I would not be either.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
There are essentially 11 teams vying for 7 playoff spots. Take away the three NFC south teams with losing records competing for 1 playoff spot, and you have 9 teams vying for the 6 remaining playoff berths.

Let’s talk about the NFC South first. Tampa leads with a 6-7 record, but both Carolina and the Falcons have 5-8 records, only a game behind. The likely scenario is one of these teams wins the NFC South with an 8-9 record.

Of the 6 remaining spots, 4 of them are almost locks. The 49ers and Vikings will almost surely win their Divisions. But the Cowboys and Eagles are fighting for the top seed in the NFC and the NFC East title. The Eagles finish with 3 consecutive games against division opponents, all of whom have winning records. If they lose two of them against the Cowboys and either the Giants or Commanders, the Cowboys can win the NFC East.

12-1 Eagles
10-3 Vikings
9-4 49ers
10-3 Cowboys

7-5-1 Commanders
7-5-1 Giants
7-6 Seahawks
6-7 Lions

After starting 1-4, the Commanders have a record of 6-1-1, including beating the then undefeated Eagles. After starting the season 1-6, the Lions have won 5 of their last 6 games, including a win against the then 10-2 Vikings. Both of these teams are hot. Meanwhile the Giants are falling apart, winning only 1 game since starting the season 6-1. And the Seahawks have to play the 49ers, and the Chiefs. But the Commanders have games against both the Eagles and Cowboys to close the season, and play the Giants again next week.

It will be a fight to find out who wins the final playoff spots. There is a lot of drama remaining in these final 4 weeks of the season.

Why are the cowboys placed with the division leaders? Should be tampa correct?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Even if we beat the Jags, which won’t be an easy game, and we beat the eagles, I could see us losing to either the Titans or Commodes. I just can’t see us winning the division.

shabazz

Reaction score
Whoever it is will beat us in the running game and their QB will run around on us

even on a bad day, the boys should be able to overcome the Bucs or Panthers or Saints….after that it’s on like Donkey Kong and the only hope is that the entire units of the Niners and Eagles come down with the flu and have to forfeit.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

12-1 Eagles
10-3 Vikings
9-4 49ers
10-3 Cowboys

7-5-1 Commanders
7-5-1 Giants
7-6 Seahawks
6-7 Lions

Washington already played the Eagles twice, they do have to play the 49ers though.

Sydla

Reaction score
Right now our road would be Tampa and then Philly.

Only way we wouldn't face Philly in Rd 2 as the 5th seed would be if there was an upset in the 2-7, 3-6 games. Then we'd be in San Fran.

All this assumes we don't crap the bed here down the strech and play ourselves into the 6 seed, for example.

links18

Reaction score
Right now our road would be Tampa and then Philly.

Only way we wouldn't face Philly in Rd 2 as the 5th seed would be if there was an upset in the 2-7, 3-6 games. Then we'd be in San Fran.

I could see us losing 3 out of 4 to finish the season.

All this assumes we don't crap the bed here down the strech and play ourselves into the 6 seed, for example.

Dakota

Reaction score
Crazy hypothetical situation, but imagine if the season ended today and in the WC round all NFCE teams win. I know it is far fetched, but it could happen. That would be crazy. NFCE teams dominate the NFC playoffs. I'd like it.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
I think that list is who’s in for sure in playoffs .

Can't be. I certainly don't think it will happen, but if the cowboys lose all their remaining games they would be 10-7. If the commanders and giants won out they would be 11-5-1. Seahawks would be 11-6 if they won out. Sorry just saw giants and commanders play each other but regardless one team could be 10-6-1 which is still a possible better win percentage than the cowboys and would take a playoff spot.

Last edited:

foofighters

Reaction score
Let's just be honest and stop the division talk. Who do you want to face in the wildcard round?
It's this. We need to prepare for it. Plus, I don't care about winning the division. We win the division by default and stink it up in the playoffs. Let's do something different.