NFC Projections - long

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
I do this every year on my own and I am usually close. Now that I joined on here I'll post my projections and see what you guys think.....here it goes...

We'll start in the NFC North:

Chicago- They have a pretty tough schedule coming down the second half. They have road games against Pittsburgh, Tampa, Green Bay, and Minnesota. Home games are San Francisco, Carolina, Green Bay, and Atlanta. In all, they have 3 games against current first place teams. I see them beating San Fran., Green Bay (at home), and @Minnesota. They could sneek out another win @ Green Bay, or @ Tampa Bay. But I think they'll win the division at 8-8.

Minnesota, Green Bay, and Detroit- I didn't go through their entire schedule, but at a quick glance of them, I don't see any of them challenging for a playoff spot.

Now to the NFC West:

Seattle - Their schedule is about average, with a few easier road games. They do still have to go to Philly for a MNF date. Otherwise, they go to San Francisco, Tenn, and Green Bay. They have three important home games though, this week they play St. Louis at home. This is a big one, St. Louis is coming off a bye, and Holt and Bulger are expected to play, and Bruce could be back as well. They also will face the Giants and Colts at home. I see them winning the division and finishing out at 12-4, or 11-5. I think they'll lose to St. Louis and Indy, and beat NY in their big 3.

St. Louis - The Rams have a favourable schedule to start off the second half. After this week @ Seattle, they play Arizona, @ Houston, Washington, @Minnesota. I think they'll start to make a move into the wild card race in this stretch. If they can beat Seattle, they have a good chance at reeling off 5 in a row, before finishing off against Philly, San Fran, and of course @ Dallas. They will finish with a 10-6 record and right in the middle of the W.C.

Arizona, San Fran. - Didn't even bother

NFC South:

Atlanta - WOW talk about a cupcake schedule. Toughest road game is @ Carolina. Otherwise, they go to Detroit, Chicago (might be a tough one), and Tampa. Home games include Green Bay, Tampa, New Orleans, and Carolina. I can see them finishing the second half at 7-1 (losing the game at Carolina). Worst case is a 12-4 record and home field advantage in the playoffs. Although I think they'll end up 13-3.

Carolina - Another so-so schedule. They play @ Atlanta, Chicago, Buffalo, and New Orleans. Their home games include NY Jets, Atlanta, Tampa, and of course Dallas. Their biggest challange will be Atlanta and Chicago (it is on the road). I have them to lose to @Carolina, and home vs. Dallas. Ending up with a wild card spot and a 12-4 or 11-5 record.

Tampa - By far the toughest remaining schedule of the South. Check out their road schedule, @ Atlanta, New Orleans (easy), Carolina, and New England. Home games are Washington, Chicago, Atlanta, and New Orleans. I see them going 3-5 in the second half (being generous) and finishing the year at 8-8.

NFC EAST:

Dallas - A tough road but it can be done. Road games @ Philly, Carolina, NY Giants, and Washington. Home dates include St. Louis, K.C., Denver, and Detroit. I see a repeat of the first half of the season at 5-3. We will win @ Philly and Washington. We also take care of St. Louis, K.C., And Detroit at home. I do expect a to fall against Denver. I also see us falling in Carolina. We'll finish up at 11-5 and I'll tell you what that means later.

NY Giants - The Giants, who are horrible on the road, don't get too many breaks away from home. They play in Philly, Washington, Seattle, and Oakland. It's not too easy at home either, where they'll play Dallas, Philly, Minnesota, and K.C. I think they'll lose in Seattle, Philly, and either Oak, or Washington. They'll take care of business for the most part at home, but I think we will be too much for their defense. They'll finish up at 4-4 in the second half, and 10-6 overall.

Philly and Washington - I see both teams finishing 8-8 and out of contention

So here's how it breaks down:

1 seed: Atlanta
2 seed: Seattle
3 seed: Dallas
4 seed: Chicago
5 seed: Carolina
6 seed: NY Giants ( as of now, they beat out St. Louis based on Strength of Victory, they would both have the same conference records)

Anyway that's just how I see it. What do you think:star:

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a good shot of Homerism. 11-5 given the rest of our schedule is very optomistic.

The team to do it is there, but whether or not they will pull it off.. man, I wouldn't want to bet the house on it.

AtlCB

Reaction score
There is another thread on this, but OK I'll bite.

AmericasTeam31 said:
I do this every year on my own and I am usually close. Now that I joined on here I'll post my projections and see what you guys think.....here it goes...

We'll start in the NFC North:

Chicago- They have a pretty tough schedule coming down the second half. They have road games against Pittsburgh, Tampa, Green Bay, and Minnesota. Home games are San Francisco, Carolina, Green Bay, and Atlanta. In all, they have 3 games against current first place teams. I see them beating San Fran., Green Bay (at home), and @Minnesota. They could sneek out another win @ Green Bay, or @ Tampa Bay. But I think they'll win the division at 8-8.
I think that Chicago will win the division, but I think Minnesota will make a run for the division at some point in the season. I agree that the division winner will finish around .500.

Minnesota, Green Bay, and Detroit- I didn't go through their entire schedule, but at a quick glance of them, I don't see any of them challenging for a playoff spot.
Minnesota will challenge for the division. I think they have too much talent to finish well below .500. Green Bay and Detroit are pathetic and will be battling SF and Houston for first pick in the draft.

Now to the NFC West:

Seattle - Their schedule is about average, with a few easier road games. They do still have to go to Philly for a MNF date. Otherwise, they go to San Francisco, Tenn, and Green Bay. They have three important home games though, this week they play St. Louis at home. This is a big one, St. Louis is coming off a bye, and Holt and Bulger are expected to play, and Bruce could be back as well. They also will face the Giants and Colts at home. I see them winning the division and finishing out at 12-4, or 11-5. I think they'll lose to St. Louis and Indy, and beat NY in their big 3.
Seattle will clobber the Rams at home. They will easily a bad division.

St. Louis - The Rams have a favourable schedule to start off the second half. After this week @ Seattle, they play Arizona, @ Houston, Washington, @Minnesota. I think they'll start to make a move into the wild card race in this stretch. If they can beat Seattle, they have a good chance at reeling off 5 in a row, before finishing off against Philly, San Fran, and of course @ Dallas. They will finish with a 10-6 record and right in the middle of the W.C.
I see St. Louis finishing at 8-8. They will go 2-2 on that four game stretch with losses to Washington (I hope I'm wrong) and Minnesota. The Rams are currently 4-4 playing a fairly weak schedule.

Arizona, San Fran. - Didn't even bother
Agreed. These two teams are awful.

NFC South:

Atlanta - WOW talk about a cupcake schedule. Toughest road game is @ Carolina. Otherwise, they go to Detroit, Chicago (might be a tough one), and Tampa. Home games include Green Bay, Tampa, New Orleans, and Carolina. I can see them finishing the second half at 7-1 (losing the game at Carolina). Worst case is a 12-4 record and home field advantage in the playoffs. Although I think they'll end up 13-3.
I agree. The Falcons' schedule is incredibly easy. I can see them splitting with Carolina and losing one game to some team that they shouldn't lose to.

Carolina - Another so-so schedule. They play @ Atlanta, Chicago, Buffalo, and New Orleans. Their home games include NY Jets, Atlanta, Tampa, and of course Dallas. Their biggest challange will be Atlanta and Chicago (it is on the road). I have them to lose to @Carolina, and home vs. Dallas. Ending up with a wild card spot and a 12-4 or 11-5 record.
A tougher schedule and the fact that they lose tiebreakers if they split with Atlanta will make it tough for them to win this division. That loss to the Aints at the beginning of the year is looking huge right now.

Tampa - By far the toughest remaining schedule of the South. Check out their road schedule, @ Atlanta, New Orleans (easy), Carolina, and New England. Home games are Washington, Chicago, Atlanta, and New Orleans. I see them going 3-5 in the second half (being generous) and finishing the year at 8-8.
Tampa is a good team, but playing in the West and losing their starting QB will be too much to overcome. If they were in the Central, they would easily make the playoffs.

NFC EAST:

Dallas - A tough road but it can be done. Road games @ Philly, Carolina, NY Giants, and Washington. Home dates include St. Louis, K.C., Denver, and Detroit. I see a repeat of the first half of the season at 5-3. We will win @ Philly and Washington. We also take care of St. Louis, K.C., And Detroit at home. I do expect a to fall against Denver. I also see us falling in Carolina. We'll finish up at 11-5 and I'll tell you what that means later.
Dallas wins the division, because they are more talented and are playing better on the road than the rest of the division. The Cowboys will need to finish 6-2 in the second half of the season to win the division.

NY Giants - The Giants, who are horrible on the road, don't get too many breaks away from home. They play in Philly, Washington, Seattle, and Oakland. It's not too easy at home either, where they'll play Dallas, Philly, Minnesota, and K.C. I think they'll lose in Seattle, Philly, and either Oak, or Washington. They'll take care of business for the most part at home, but I think we will be too much for their defense. They'll finish up at 4-4 in the second half, and 10-6 overall.
They may lose all four of those road games. The Giants could be the odd man out in making the playoffs.

Philly and Washington - I see both teams finishing 8-8 and out of contention
I think both of these teams finish above .500 with Washington getting the final WC spot. Philly will get it together and make a run after the confidence they will get from beating down the Packers.

So here's how it breaks down:

1 seed: Atlanta
2 seed: Seattle
3 seed: Dallas
4 seed: Chicago
5 seed: Carolina
6 seed: NY Giants ( as of now, they beat out St. Louis based on Strength of Victory, they would both have the same conference records)

Anyway that's just how I see it. What do you think:star:
I have Atlanta as the top seed as well. Seattle has a soft schedule, but they don't play well on the road. They also face Indy at home. Seattle will finish at 10-6 and grab the #3 seed. The #2 seed will go to the winner of the NFC East. Chicago or Minnesota will grab the #4 seed. Carolina will be #5 and Washington or the Giants will be #5. The Rams will not be a big factor in the playoff race.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
Minnesota has a pretty tough schedule FOR THAT TEAM. For us it wouldn't be that bad, but they don't have alot of talent and are struggling. They play @NYG, G.B., Detroit, Baltimore. I wouldn't be suprised if they lost all four of those games. Of course I wouldn't be suprised if they went 2-2 either. I just don't know about them.

AtlCB

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31 said:
Minnesota has a pretty tough schedule FOR THAT TEAM. For us it wouldn't be that bad, but they don't have alot of talent and are struggling. They play @NYG, G.B., Detroit, Baltimore. I wouldn't be suprised if they lost all four of those games. Of course I wouldn't be suprised if they went 2-2 either. I just don't know about them.
I think that team will go 3-1 during that stretch. Green Bay and Detroit are terrible, and Baltimore hasn't been much better with Boller starting. The only semi-tough game in that stretch is the Giants, and I expect a Giants' blowout in that one.