NFC Wild Card Season Remaining Games

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As it stands...

Washington (7-5) now has a tough schedule.

@ Baltimore

@ Cinncinati

Philadelphia

@ San Francisco

I believe Baltimore will handle them as well as perhaps Philladelphia. That would leave them 9-7. That knocks them out of the box, I think.

Atlanta (8-4) doesn't have it much better. They currently are ahead of us in the wild card race.

@ New Orleans

Tampa Bay

@Minnesota

St. Louis

They have a potential 3 losses on this schedule. They beat New Orleans the first time at home 34-20. But New Orleans will also be playing for their play-off life with the game being more critical.

Tampa Bay beat Atlanta 24-9. Atlanta should split and end up 10-6.

Carolina (9-3) is a game ahead of us, but they don't have an easy schedule either.

Tampa Bay

Denver

@New York Giants

@New Orleans

They have wiggle room here so they can go 2-2 and still be ahead of us. They lost at Tampa Bay 27-3 earlier in the year. And the loser is suddenly a wild card. So I expect Tampa Bay to bring their A game.

New York will be a loss. I believe the Giants will be making a statement with this game.

Depending on how close New Orleans is depends on the game they bring. I think they end up 11-5.

That leaves us.

Dallas

@Pittsburgh

New York Giants

Baltimore

@Philadelphia

I watched Pittsburgh today and believe if Cassel hadn't turned the ball over so much New England had a shot. But if Randy Moss catches the ball, as well as the rest of the Patriots, that might have been a vastly different game. I think we win a close one.

Out lives are on the line against the Giants. They come here in the last NFC East game in Texas Stadium. We will be healthy and motivated. This one is tough to call.

Baltimore isn't as big a wory for me. This IS the last game in Texas stadium. This team will be breathing fire.

Philadelphia will not have a shot at the play-offs by then. That concerns me more than the Giants.

For us to put as much pressure on the other teams in the hunt, we have to win three. Which logically means split with Pittsburgh and New York and win out.

That forces us to win two on the road in bad weather regions. The logical thing would be to beat Pittsburgh and the Giants and then win at home agtainst baltimore. Then the Eagles game doesn't matter.

Unless Atlanta caves and loses the three they have the potential of winning, we cannot get in at 10-6.

11-5 or nothing it appears.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think we have the hardest schedule of any of those teams.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Avery;2454447 said:
I think we have the hardest schedule of any of those teams.

But we may be the most lethal team of any of those teams in the hunt.

I just get this feeling Dallas is coming together at the right time of the season. If Barber can go full steam this may be our best football of the year in the next four games.

goshan

Reaction score
Yes we do have the hardest schedule.
If we get in, it will be well earned.
Too bad that GB and NO blew their games today.
They both outplayed Carolina and TB statistically, but choked.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2454479 said:

I just get this feeling Dallas is coming together at the right time of the season. If Barber can go full steam this may be our best football of the year in the next four games.
We are the most lethal and no one outside of Dallas fans wants us to make the playoffs. Bet on that.

We have a killer schedule left though.

Steelers, 9-3
Giants, 11-1
Ravens, 8-4
Eagles, 6-5-1

That is a .723 winning %. By far the hardest schedule left in the entire NFL, and we've been fading post Thanksgiving since 1997.

There's a lot on the line.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
This just goes to show that we need help from other teams to get in...

Boysboy

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2454479 said:

Didn't we say the same thing in '03, '05, and '06?

Like I said, I'm not holding my breath. My biggest fear is that I'll wake up 3 weeks from now, and all of a sudden the DFW metroplex is the most dangerous place to live.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I am ready to make a major Book it announcement

to date 100% accurate

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Boysboy;2454547 said:
Didn't we say the same thing in '03, '05, and '06?

Like I said, I'm not holding my breath. My biggest fear is that I'll wake up 3 weeks from now, and all of a sudden the DFW metroplex is the most dangerous place to live.
No, but I did say it last year.

Rudy

Reaction score
It's still so troubling because even Cowboy haters have to admit that the Cowboys are the best team or 2nd best team in the SB hunt! Outside of the Giants and the Cowboys, none of these teams are really contenders!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No results from any year i the past will have any bearing on the outcome of this year.

Not Wade's play-off record.

Not the December Dallas fade.

Not the no play-off win in the last ten years.

None of that will mean anything when Dallas takes the field against everyone of these teams.

The only thing that matters is winning the game you are in and then getting ready for the next week.

If history mattered, then Dallas would not have won the Super Bowl in 1992 and 1993.

Because up until that time, no team that had the rushing leader at the end of the season won the Super Bowl.

History will be created in December and perhaps January. That is the only history that matters.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2454550 said:
No, but I did say it last year.

The '06 season is the one that really pops out in my mind-after a 3-3 start(including gut-wrenching losses @Philly and the Giants), Romo comes in and we win 4/5 going into the final stretch, including ending Indy's unbeaten streak on a our best defensive effort of the year. Everyone then was saying the EXACT same things they are saying now-we're peaking at the right time, we're the team to beat b/c we're getting stronger, blah, blah, blah...

Next thing I know, Christmas almost wraps up a month later, and somehow we end up blowing the division to a team that was on its last throes a month prior. Al Michaels saying "Do you believe in miracles?!" at the end of that game still gives me nightmares.

Like I said-I'm still skeptical.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Man we have a tough remaining schedule, but i think we can get it done. i see us atleast losing 1 of them games left, that's it

tiny tim

Reaction score
I will for sure record the Cowboys and Giants game coming up on December 14th. This will be a big game for some many reasons. I might watch the game at a sports bar. I just purchased 2 new Cowboys Jerseys (Dorsett and Staubach) and I plan to wear one of them to the sports bar.

Carolina and Tampa play on monday night on December 8th. If Carolina beats Tampa and if the Cowboys win both Dallas and Tampa will be 9-4. Dallas wins the tiebreaker over Tampa since they beat them. If Tampa beats Carolina and if the Cowboys win both Dallas and Carolina will be 9-4 with an NFC record of 6-4. I will have to look again to see how they would break the tie between Dallas and Carolina if they both have the same NFC record at the end of the Regular Season.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2454479 said:

The good thing about this situation is we know what we're up against, and if we're as talented as most proclaim, then we should win these next four games.

If not, do we really deserve to be in the playoffs?

That's why I'm not trying to project.

Either the Cowboys are good enough to win these next four games and make a Super Bowl push, or they're not.

Slipping in because other teams lose really shouldn't be the measure of a team with Super Bowl aspirations.

Win the next four games, we're in. Lose and we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
We can get in at 10-6 if one of the losses is to an AFC team.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2454632 said:
The good thing about this situation is we know what we're up against, and if we're as talented as most proclaim, then we should win these next four games.

Either the Cowboys are good enough to win these next four games and make a Super Bowl push, or they're not.

Slipping in because other teams lose really shouldn't be the measure of a team with Super Bowl aspirations.

Win the next four games, we're in. Lose and we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
If we're 11-5 we won't deserve to be in?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2454632 said:

We have to sweep the next 4 to be legit???

WOW:eek:

I will take 3 out of 4 right now and be happy. 11-5 will get us in, I cant even think of an 11 win team that did not make the playoffs in recent history.

I will take 11-5 and the 6th seed right now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2454755 said:
We have to sweep the next 4 to be legit???

WOW:eek:

I will take 3 out of 4 right now and be happy. 11-5 will get us in, I cant even think of an 11 win team that did not make the playoffs in recent history.

I will take 11-5 and the 6th seed right now.
Make that, "could get us in." 11-5 is not a guarantee.

I just want in. I could care less about the record as long as we are in. A loss, especially if to an NFC team seriously hampers the chances.