NFL | Bettis to join NBC

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:35:10 -0800

NBC television has announced former Pittsburgh Steelers RB Jerome Bettis has joined NBC's "Football Night in America," studio show to be shown Sunday evenings, as an analyst. Bettis said: "I am looking forward to this new opportunity and to still be involved in the game I love. After retiring I wondered what I was going to do on Sundays, but now I still have a place to go every Sunday night. When the regular season kicks off in Pittsburgh in September it will be the proudest night of my life, I will finally get my ring and I will start my new career in television in front of all the Steelers fans."

NBC's first regular season game, "NFL Kickoff 2006," will launch the 2006 NFL regular season on Thursday Sept. 7 in primetime. Bob Costas will host NBC's "Football Night in America" studio show alongside co-host Cris Collinsworth. NBC's "Football Night in America" will encompass more than four hours of NFL coverage, including a primetime pre-game show hosted by Costas. For each of the six seasons of the deal, NBC kicks off the NFL regular season with a Thursday night primetime game.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
This goof will make Michael Irvin seem like an impartial announcer-might as well have the announcers on the Stealers side too.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
This goof will make Michael Irvin seem like an impartial announcer-might as well have the announcers on the Stealers side too.

I am glad, that you already know how Bettis will do before he even has been on his job for a minute, wish I had that premonition :rolleyes: