News: NFL.com | Daniel Jeremiah's 37th Ranked Player - Travis Frederick Comparison

Qcard

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hs-top-50-2020-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-30

Cesar Ruiz, C
School: Michigan | Year: Junior
Previous rank: 37

Ruiz is an extremely consistent, physical and aware center. In pass protection, he has a tight punch and immediate anchor. His lower body is outrageously strong. He is very aware vs. twists/stunts. He lacks elite foot quickness, but he doesn't have any issues sliding and redirecting to stay square vs. defenders. In the run game, he latches and runs his feet to create movement. He is outstanding on combo blocks, staying under control, locating and walling off linebackers. His lack of foot quickness shows up on outside pulls. Overall, Ruiz reminds me of Travis Frederick coming out of Wisconsin

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I like Ruiz. He is definitely a physical player. Good power as DJ says. He rocks D Linemen back with his punch.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Ruiz is nice, but I just don't see us going OL until day 3. There are four pretty good centers in this draft and I think one or two could drop to round 4, which is where I would prefer it.

bodi

Reaction score
I got a feeling - th e other guys on the team are just stop gap

RandyOh

Reaction score
In a trade back situation i can see him as a real possibility. I see him sneaking into the end of first round.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Maybe if he's there when we pick in the 2nd.....

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll be disappointed if they go C high in this draft.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think drafting a C high is a justifiable action. I'm team defense, defense, defense...but this team's recent draft history says they might.

Gaede

Reaction score
C is the lynchpin of the OL.

We absolutely should invest a high pick in getting a good guy for the spot, rather than half-assing the role with guys who can do it, but not do it well