NFL.com Video: Playbook on T.O. TD Catch

gazmc_06

Reaction score
very good stuff, great play recognition from Romo and T.O. - both of them thinking the same way is a very good sign.

sago1

Reaction score
I watched that video 5 times. Couldn't get enough of it. So proud Romo not only identified the blitz but saw that nobody would be in the area who could handle TO & then alerted TO. Not sure shooting TO's name 3 times is best idea but it certainly worked. Sure hope Garrett comes up with better way for Romo to alert his guys to what's happening.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Great stuff.

On a side note... Isn't that using the ball as a prop? I guess technically he is, but really he's not. Shocked it hasn't created a stir by the media.

Love me some T.O.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Wow, great stuff there, thanks for posting it. It's particularly gratifying to see that Eagle homer, Baldinger, breaking it down. He picked the Eagles to win big last week.

Romo impresses me more and more every week.

DC_Addict

Reaction score
Amazing. I don't see how TO could have heard Tony calling his name with the noise and being far away? Glad he did. Maybe Tony should keep yelling at him like that.:clap2:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yeah... it didnt seem that noisy. Glad he heard it.

I thought about the ball as a prop too.... but how could they justify it?

The ball just happened to still be in his hand... nothing to do with the "fly eagle fly" wingflap

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
YoMick;1753749 said:
Yeah... it didnt seem that noisy. Glad he heard it.

I thought about the ball as a prop too.... but how could they justify it?

The ball just happened to still be in his hand... nothing to do with the "fly eagle fly" wingflap

Correct. The ball had nothing to do with the wing flap. Now if he had flapped his wings then held the ball under his butt and dropped it like an eagle poo pooing on the field.....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
LeonDixson;1753758 said:
Correct. The ball had nothing to do with the wing flap. Now if he had flapped his wings then held the ball under his butt and dropped it like an eagle poo pooing on the field.....

Thank you for verifying and then expanding on my answer :laugh1:

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
LeonDixson;1753758 said:

:laugh1: That would have been an all time classic. OMG, I would have died laughing if he did that.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LeonDixson;1753758 said:

I'm pretty sure everyone would have interpreted that as an eagle laying an egg. Which would have been just as appropriate.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
DC_Addict;1753727 said:
Amazing. I don't see how TO could have heard Tony calling his name with the noise and being far away?

If he can hear the quarterback's cadence, he should be able to hear him yelling his name. And you can hear Romo yelling to Owens on the television broadcast right after the ball was snapped, so it was loud enough.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
TheSkaven;1753610 said:
Wow, great stuff there, thanks for posting it. It's particularly gratifying to see that Eagle homer, Baldinger, breaking it down. He picked the Eagles to win big last week.

Romo impresses me more and more every week.

I don't think Baldinger is an Eagles homer. I think he figured the Eagles, with their season on the line and in their home stadium, would actually put up a fight. I actually find Baldinger very easy to listen to and enjoy his analysis.

Undisputed

Reaction score
Bungarian;1753805 said:
Now Romo and TO have to do a fake yell thing.

That might actually work in some instances. The oldest trick in the book.
*on a draw play* " TO! TO! TO!:lmao2:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
that was sweet.........btw, notice how the Eagles mystique starting going down the drain when they left the Vet.....sure, they didn't win SBs, but they sure were nasty to play up there.....especially cause of all the criminals in the stands....

That crowd at the Linc seems like a bunch of old ladies playing Bridge or Canasta. A graveyard has more life than that crowd.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
DC_Addict;1753727 said:
Amazing. I don't see how TO could have heard Tony calling his name with the noise and being far away? Glad he did. Maybe Tony should keep yelling at him like that.:clap2:

I went back and watched the game on Tivo, and you can actually hear Romo yell "T.O." on the sound track. However, I only heard it once.