NFL Draft Blitz 7 round (cowboys) Mock

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
By the way, for those of you that have not ever visited the site or have not been back for a while we are offering for the next week free access to all the premium content.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/index.shtml

Round 2
20. Dallas Cowboys-Jamon Meredith, OT-South Carolina

Round 3
5. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland)-Jasper Brinkley, ILB-South Carolina

Round 4
1. Dallas Cowboys (from Detroit)-John Parker Wilson, QB-Alabama
20. Dallas Cowboys-Asher Allen, CB-Georgia

Round 5
20. Dallas Cowboys-Tyronne Green, OG-Auburn
30. Dallas Cowboys (from Tennessee)-Kyle Moore, DE-USC

Round 6
25. Dallas Cowboys (from Miami)-Rodney Cox, S-Arizona State

Round 7
1. Dallas Cowboys (from Detroit)-Brandon Gibson, WR-Washington State

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2632474 said:
By the way, for those of you that have not ever visited the site or have not been back for a while we are offering for the next week free access to all the premium content.

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

Apparently, the Dallas Cowboys scouts only bothered to watch 2 conferences this past year. All SEC and Pac-10. I would absolutely hate this draft.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2632739 said:
Apparently, the Dallas Cowboys scouts only bothered to watch 2 conferences this past year. All SEC and Pac-10. I would absolutely hate this draft.
I'm with you. Somehow, that looks like a 2000-2002 Larry Lacewell all-SEC special.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

Jasper Brinley in round three makes me want to vomit.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Displaced Cowboy;2632910 said:
That mock is painfully bad.

I don't see how that's painfully bad

he has Brinkley a couple of rounds too high, but that's about the only glaring faults I can see

dmoore

Reaction score
I'd be happy with it. JPW isn't the QB I'd like, but I guess I'd be okay with it. I just want to draft someone at the position. That might be a little high for Brinkley, but I think he'd look really good at ILB in our defense. Honestly, love the way they addressed our needs. OT isn't our biggest need, but it's the strength of the draft and we could possibly get a stud in round 2. I think Meredith could end up being a very good LT.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dmoore;2633066 said:
I'd be happy with it. JPW isn't the QB I'd like, but I guess I'd be okay with it. I just want to draft someone at the position. That might be a little high for Brinkley, but I think he'd look really good at ILB in our defense. Honestly, love the way they addressed our needs. OT isn't our biggest need, but it's the strength of the draft and we could possibly get a stud in round 2. I think Meredith could end up being a very good LT.

I think he could be as good as good as Flo was, or is capable of

seems like the same kind of player, RT in a LT's body, but more mobile since he carries about 20% less weight

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
i don't like using our first pick on a non-starter. i agree we need to bulk up OL depth, but i don't like using our highest pick to address that when we have potential starter spots that are vacant.

i don't like brinkley and especially not where they have him taken.

i don't like john parker wilson anywhere in the draft. yuck.

beyond that there are just other players i like more that are available in spots where he took other players.

take the next pick with asher allen. we just took 2 promising corners last year. we have other needs. available at the time of that pick are jarrett dillard, chris baker and ron brace. all guys i like that could fill a bigger need.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Displaced Cowboy;2633077 said:
i don't like using our first pick on a non-starter. i agree we need to bulk up OL depth, but i don't like using our highest pick to address that when we have potential starter spots that are vacant.

i don't like brinkley and especially not where they have him taken.

i don't like john parker wilson anywhere in the draft. yuck.

beyond that there are just other players i like more that are available in spots where he took other players.

take the next pick with asher allen. we just took 2 promising corners last year. we have other needs. available at the time of that pick are jarrett dillard, chris baker and ron brace. all guys i like that could fill a bigger need.

backup, and backup

and why do you hate John Parker Wilson so much? he looked pretty good every time I saw him

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
:hammer:
Chris in SoCal;2632739 said:
Horrible, Horrible, Horrible draft for the Cowboys.

dmoore

Reaction score
Displaced Cowboy;2633077 said:

Wait, so you want us to draft based on need? Yeah, that always works well. BPA, and if that happens to be a OT, which it very well could since OT is one of the strongest positions in the draft, take it.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

That dratf is terrible, imo.

Meredith weighs 289. He's too light for the Cowboys. He doesn't fit the Cowboys. He will have to get bigger and stronger. He may best used in a ZBS.

Jasper Brinkley in the third is way too high. He had a serious knee injury. I wouldn't touch him unless it was round 6 or 7, if at all.

John Parker in round four is a joke.

Asher Allen is a cover-two CB. Dallas needs a couple of safeties out of this draft.

Tyronne Green is only 6-2 and he's light. A ZBS would allow him to play faster. He could go in round 4.

NFL Draft Blitz must hate the Cowboys or not know much about them. John Parker in round four, lol.