Draft Day ***NFL Draft Rounds 4-7***

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If you consider that Cox, Wright and Mukuamu could all be converted to safety, the Cowboys addressed every position of need.

Looking at it another way:

2 OL - drafted both OT & OG late in the draft
1 WR - drafted big, tall, speedy WR that can challenge Brown & Wilson for #4 & #5 WR position.
3 DL - drafted DE, DE/DT mixed player, and DT1
2 LB - drafted top LB in draft, and best cover LB in draft
3 Defensive Secondary - drafted 3 Corners, including a top 4 CB in 2nd round, and then two CB's that may convert to FS or play corner

8 Defensive players, and two backup OL and one back-up WR with special teams ability

Yup! I wanted mostly defence, and that's what I got. I like the draft picks!!

Mannix

Reaction score
------Why do they break away to commercials every time the Cowboys make a draft selection?

For the same reason that whenever the league shows a montage of different team action, Dallas is always getting rolled....they think they are being clever....*** them.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If I was going to pick a guard with that last choice, I would have selected David Moore. Think the difference was height and length.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I don't think that's entirely true...that's probably the last time we hit on a Pro Bowler in the 7th round but we've had some decent success in the 7th round. Sean Lissemore, Terrance Mitchell, Geoff Swaim, Mark Nzeocha, Noah Brown, Bo Scarbrough....

Ratliff was the last fulltime starter to come from the 7th round. Swaim doesn't really count, since he got injured and was replaced by Jarwin, and only started because #82 retired too soon.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ratliff was the last fulltime starter to come from the 7th round. Swaim doesn't really count, since he got injured and was replaced by Jarwin, and only started because #82 retired too soon.
You didn't say last full-time starter. If you say that then yeah I'd assume that would probably be Ratliff or Miles Austin. And if I'm not mistaken Sean Lissemore did start.

And though its not for this team Terrance Mitchell has made a solid career starting...he started 16 games for the Browns last year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Good call! I like the way our secondary looks now as well as our front 7! I genuinely am excited for this defence! I can't remember the last time I said that. We have real firepower there! Front 7 to stop the run and crash the pocket, and secondary to lap it up, oh, and LBs for days!
yeah now it is up to the coaches lol, that is where I lack confidence, is in the coaches.