NFL fines Panthers owner 300K for throwing drink on fans

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The National Football League today fined Carolina Panthers’ chairman David Tepper $300,000 for his unacceptable conduct in Jacksonville during Sunday’s game, the league announced.

“All NFL personnel are expected to conduct themselves at all times in ways that respect our fans and favorably reflect on their team and the NFL,” the league said in a statement.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Actually wouldn't it be hilarious if the NFL took the fine and used it to pay off the mortgage of the guy he dumped a beer on? :laugh:
https://operations.nfl.com/inside-football-ops/rules-enforcement/nfl-rules-compliance/#:~:text=The fines collected are donated,communities that support the game.

What I'd be curious about is how much money actually goes toward the intended cause, and how much covers operating expenses.

The ASPCA (animal care) took in over 200 million dollars in revenue in 2022 for all their TV ads, and only about $30 million actually went to help animals, the rest to the people running the organization (top 12 people were paid over 5 million dollars in 2022.

catiii

Reaction score
Actually wouldn't it be hilarious if the NFL took the fine and used it to pay off the mortgage of the guy he dumped a beer on? :laugh:
Ya' cant back seat those calls. The guy he threw beer on could've been a real jerk. No use rewarding morons.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Ya' cant back seat those calls. The guy he threw beer on could've been a real jerk. No use rewarding morons.
I actually agree and asked this question earlier in a different thread about this incident.
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/panthers-owners-throwing-drink-on-fans.519442/post-13274924

Not saying it's justified but I'd like to know the back story of what led up to this. Most of the time, people don't just toss a beer on someone out of nowhere, totally unprovoked.

there has to be a back story of some sort here. Like you, I'd be curious to know what it is.

Last edited:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
https://operations.nfl.com/inside-football-ops/rules-enforcement/nfl-rules-compliance/#:~:text=The fines collected are donated,communities that support the game.

What I'd be curious about is how much money actually goes toward the intended cause, and how much covers operating expenses.

The ASPCA (animal care) took in over 200 million dollars in revenue in 2022 for all their TV ads, and only about $30 million actually went to help animals, the rest to the people running the organization (top 12 people were paid over 5 million dollars in 2022.
Sadly it's this way with a lot of "charities". that's why, like a lot of people, I'm extremely selective about where I choose to donate money.

1942willys

Reaction score
Sadly it's this way with a lot of "charities". that's why, like a lot of people, I'm extremely selective about where I choose to donate money.
Charity Navigator and Guidestar.org

those sites do a good job of telling you who actually spends the money on their cause

a lot of the major charities like American Red Cross pay their CEO's MILLIONS of dollars and that right there should be a major red flag

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Fine them 1 million and give the Cowboys their draft picks.