NFL>com Peterson's Showcase

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Only guy in this draft I would be willing to move up 3 or 4 spots for.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I hope we get this kid. It's looking like it won't happen but still hoping.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bowdown27;3922070 said:
I hope we get this kid. It's looking like it won't happen but still hoping.

I agree. Only chance would be if he gets to 5 or 6 and Arz or Clev are willing to make a deal. Not holding my breath on it but until his name is called I can dream.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
supercowboy8;3922079 said:
Peterson will be a Troy P/Ed Reed type safety. He is what we need.

If we got him I would expect him to play CB that is what he is

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3922101 said:
Exactly. He can play Safety but why? He is going to be the best CB in the NFL in 2 years tops.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3922101 said:

I think in my estimation, if cowboys get cba signed so rookies can come in, and rob ryan can work with this player. Peterson will play CB some and safety some, eventually move to S in 3 to 4 years after Peterson gets up to about 225 or so. This way, will confuse offenses to what position and where Peterson will playon defense. I think Peterson is every bit as good as Ronnie Lott was coming out of college and possibly even better in time. Most cbs dont play at that weight and bobby taylor a good cb for eagles was about 219, I see Peterson possibly at 225 to 230 in 3 to 4 years.

laythewood28

Reaction score
Give me Peterson, a tackle in the second, Michael huff and a DE in free agency, keep Newman for one more year and I will be one happy camper.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3922144 said:
I think in my estimation, if cowboys get cba signed so rookies can come in, and rob ryan can work with this player. Peterson will play CB some and safety some, eventually move to S in 3 to 4 years after Peterson gets up to about 225 or so. This way, will confuse offenses to what position and where Peterson will playon defense. I think Peterson is every bit as good as Ronnie Lott was coming out of college and possibly even better in time. Most cbs dont play at that weight and bobby taylor a good cb for eagles was about 219, I see Peterson possibly at 225 to 230 in 3 to 4 years.

In 3 or 4 years maybe he does but the fact he is as big as he is and yet agile and has great speed and shown the ability to be a play maker at the CB spot is what makes him special. Most guys at 219 or 220 could not do it he can. I'll take a shutdown CB over a safety any day. I do think Dallas needs to address safety but I would rather get a true safety than to take a man of Peterson skills and move him

Doomsday101

Reaction score
laythewood28;3922162 said:
Give me Peterson, a tackle in the second, Michael huff and a DE in free agency, keep Newman for one more year and I will be one happy camper.

I could live with that.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
Hostile;3922141 said:
Exactly. He can play Safety but why? He is going to be the best CB in the NFL in 2 years tops.

LOL i LOVE Peterson more than a lot of people but you cant be serious....He will maybe be top 5 in two years but not best corner... i dunno just a difference of opinion i guess. I hope we trade up to grab him but i don't think hes Nnamdi incarnate, that's asking a lot.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
pupulehaole;3922168 said:
LOL i LOVE Peterson more than a lot of people but you cant be serious....He will maybe be top 5 in two years but not best corner... i dunno just a difference of opinion i guess. I hope we trade up to grab him but i don't think hes Nnamdi incarnate, that's asking a lot.
I am very serious. No other CB will have his ability to play as physical as he can because of his size. He can negate big WRs and run with the small ones step for step. I believe he'll return INTs for 6 too.

He is the best looking CB I have seen since Deion.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think the worry Peterson will get too big to play CB are real. Maybe he can stay about the same weight he is now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score

If he gains 10 pounds what will his 40 time be? 4.44?

Are there CBs in the NFL 4.44 or slower? Of course.

Weight isn't going to prevent him from covering someone. This is an elite athlete folks. A guy who has a rare combination of size, speed, and instincts.

I think a lot of you are fixated on a false notion about his weight. It really boggles my mind.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3922313 said:

If he gains 10 pounds what will his 40 time be? 4.44?

Are there CBs in the NFL 4.44 or slower? Of course.

Weight isn't going to prevent him from covering someone. This is an elite athlete folks. A guy who has a rare combination of size, speed, and instincts.

I think a lot of you are fixated on a false notion about his weight. It really boggles my mind.

10 to 14 pounds wouldnt change his cutting ability, quickness, in and out of breaks? Granted 4.44 at that size is impressive, but again, i am saying 3 to 4 years down the road, being moved to safety. I think peterson could rewrte the records that ronnie lott made at safety, while at safety making us kinda forget about our star safety darren woodson

At same time in certain coverages, you can have peterson at cb and safety, so offenses dont know who is playing safety or cb. This in my estimation will make and allow peterson to take the ball into the endzone for interceptions, while making some impressive returns on special teams

I still think this is where McCann comes in at cb and teddy williams who has elite speed to at cb.

and at times

can you imagine at times, either huff or sensabaugh at one safety, and ansah at the other safety with peterson in certain situations, while playing cb too, with jenkins at cb too along with mccann?

we would have a shut down secondary par with no team inthe nfl, mainly because rob ryan will mix up coverges even with more linebackers and defensive backs then ever before confusing offenses

throwing alittle homer stuff in here

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I can't stop shaking my head. Here's a comparison.

There was never a 6'9" point guard until Earvin "Magic" Johnson.

Weight is just a number. Ability is a gift.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3922428 said:
I can't stop shaking my head. Here's a comparison.

There was never a 6'9" point guard until Earvin "Magic" Johnson.

Weight is just a number. Ability is a gift.

True, never thought of it that way, time will tell

i still think though if cowboys draft peterson, they are going to have peterson play both positions cb and s, to confuse offenses till peterson does show shut down ability, if he does and can, i agree with you that peterson is special, but in my thinking you can do so much more with him at cb and safety and returning kicks and punts in rob ryan multiple schemes defenses

best i remember, you can correct me on this, but revis is one of the best cbs in the league, a shut down cb, he didnt do too hot his first year, best i remember, was good but not great like he is now, takes time sometime