NFL head coach openings

Jumbo075

Reaction score
If you were a head coach candidate, how would you rank the attractiveness of current head coach openings?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
1. Atlanta

2. Vegas

3. Washington

4. Los Angeles

5. Tennesee

6. Carolina

If Atlanta was smart, they would trade a second for Justin Fields

An offense with Fields, London, Pitts, & Bijan would be crazy

Jumbo075

Reaction score
If I was Jim Harbaugh, I would be deciding between staying at Michigan and taking the job in Washington D.C.

With a new ownership team that has a championship track record in other sports, an obvious willingness to tear down the team and start over, $78M in Cap space and the 2nd pick in the draft, it’s an intriguing opportunity. The ownership also displayed patience by waiting until after the season to fire Ron Rivera. And trading their two defensive ends shows a lon-term strategic mindset - setting the team up to tank this season to get a higher pick, and clear the books of pending big salaries.

The new ownership has done everything right so far to set the team up for a complete rebuild. That would be attractive to me as a coach - if they would also commit to being patient during the rebuild process.

As much as I don’t want Washington to be a challenge to the Cowboys, I have a strong feeling that their decades of irrelevance under Dan Snyder have come to an end. I expect Washington to be a contender within the next 3 seasons - if they get the right coach.

Last edited:

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Seattle doesn’t have a young QB or the draft position to hire one. I wouldn’t hang my hat on Geno Smith if I was a head coach.
I've heard rumors of them trying to move up and draft a qb this year. With the wrs and rbs they have that would be very appealing for someone to pick a QB and have those weapons.

Motorola

Reaction score
If you were a head coach candidate, how would you rank the attractiveness of current head coach openings?
'Jumbo075' - Outstanding topic.
A situation all of us have encountered throughout our lives - just on a different scale - but just as important \ impactful.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If I was Jim Harbaugh, I would be deciding between staying at Michigan and taking the job in Washington D.C.

With a new ownership team that has a championship track record in other sports, an obvious willingness to tear down the team and start over, $78M in Cap space and the 2nd pick in the draft, it’s an intriguing opportunity. The ownership also displayed patience by waiting until after the season to fire Ron Rivera. And trading their two defensive ends shows a lon-term strategic mindset - setting the team up to tank this season to get a higher pick, and clear the books of pending big salaries.

The new ownership has done everything right so far to set the team up for a complete rebuild. That would be attractive to me as a coach - if they would also commit to being patient during the rebuild process.

As much as I don’t want Washington to be a challenge to the Cowboys, I have a strong feeling that their decades of irrelevance under Dan Snyder have come to an end. I expect Washington to be a contender within the next 3 seasons - if they get the right coach.
Cowboys fans like you have said the same thing about every new NFC East owner. Wringing hands over something you can’t control. Enjoy the Cowboys season. They’re in the playoffs if you haven’t heard.