NFL Hits -- How Old School Football Was Played!

gtb1943

Reaction score
When some people sneer at the players back then, I really would like to FORCE them to look at these videos.

There were no 'business decisions' made back then because if you did, you were gone one way or another.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I used to love the NFL Hits compilations back in the day.

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
I loved those hits as much as anyone back in the day but a few of those are hard to watch now.

Had to lol at that Steelers punt return where he Sparta-kicked the defender tho… what was that guy thinking

Flamma

Reaction score
When some people sneer at the players back then, I really would like to FORCE them to look at these videos.

There were no 'business decisions' made back then because if you did, you were gone one way or another.
When I'm at work with nothing to do, I sometimes watch older games. The one thing that stands out is how much more violent the game was. Turf was terrible. Some fields had more dirt than grass.

Shane612

Reaction score
Wide receiver would be pushed, bumped pulled and harassed all the way down the field until the ball was released by the QB.
Seems in the 60-70’s if a QB gave you anything over 50% completion rate, you had an efficient QB.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Wide receiver would be pushed, bumped pulled and harassed all the way down the field until the ball was released by the QB.
Seems in the 60-70’s if a QB gave you anything over 50% completion rate, you had an efficient QB.
You look at the career of Ken Anderson with the bungles and there was the most accurate QB of the 70's and his career completion percentage was 59.3
half his seasons were over 60%
you can see the difference from 78 on as the rules loosened up.
He once said he was born ten years too early to be a NFL QB.