NFL interception leaders through week 11

Proof

Reaction score
He should have ALL-Pro locked up.......and I would argue in the DPOY conversation but for some reason, the award is all about sacks.
BTW.....didn't Deion win it one year?

you don't have to look back to deion. gilmore won it a few years ago. he's having a tremendous year, 6 picks even if all 6 were for tds just doesn't move the needle. his other metrics do, but i don't see it.

plasticman

Reaction score
Diggs made All Pro the year he led in INT's.

This is crazy. it was just a few seasons ago when the Cowboys couldn't buy an INT.

From 2015 to 2020 the Cowboys had 10 or less INT's per season. For those six seasons combined they were ranked last with 53 INT's. So far, in the two and a half seasons from 2021 to 2023 they have the same number of INT's, 53. that puts them in first place for that time period.

From worse to first under Dan Quinn, thanks to Diggs, Bland and the others.

Motorola

Reaction score
you don't have to look back to deion. gilmore won it a few years ago. he's having a tremendous year, 6 picks even if all 6 were for tds just doesn't move the needle. his other metrics do, but i don't see it.
Sanders won it for the 1994 season.
6 CBs total___
Mel Blount 1975
Letter Hayes 1980
Rod Woodson 1993
Charles Woodson 2009
Stephon Gilmore 2019
Award started in 1971; 52 recognitions.
LB -- 17
DE -- 14
DT -- 10
CB -- 6
S -- 5

Mr_437

Reaction score
He should have ALL-Pro locked up.......and I would argue in the DPOY conversation but for some reason, the award is all about sacks.
BTW.....didn't Deion win it one year?

Lackluster bunch. Where are all the preseason hyped up CBs?

Anyways, All-Pro is wrapped up, and Jerry/Stephen might as well count they chickens and start saving for Bland's monster contract.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sanders won it for the 1994 season.
6 CBs total___
Mel Blount 1975
Letter Hayes 1980
Rod Woodson 1993
Charles Woodson 2009
Stephon Gilmore 2019
Award started in 1971; 52 recognitions.
LB -- 17
DE -- 14
DT -- 10
CB -- 6
S -- 5
Interesting ..........thanks for posting

Lots of LBers but I'm guessing some were 3-4 edge rushers.......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Anyways, All-Pro is wrapped up, and Jerry/Stephen might as well count they chickens and start saving for Bland's monster contract.
What's interesting is it's going to be a huge contract they didn't see coming........

plasticman

Reaction score
Before Diggs and Bland, the still active player with the most INT's for the Cowboys was Anthony Brown with 9. It took six seasons to accumulate those 9 INT's.

Both Diggs and Bland passed him by in their 2nd seasons.

In fact, if you only look at their first two seasons, the Cowboy with the most INT's is Everson Walls. He got 11 in his rookie season and 7 in his 2nd season.

2nd place is Trevon Diggs with 14
3rd place is Daron Bland with 11

Another prominent name on that list is Michael Downs with 8. He and Everson Walls were the two rookies along with Dennis Thurman and Charlie Waters, to set the Cowboys record for most INT's in a season. Their total still stands as 3rd best in NFL history. They were nicknamed Thurman's Thieves.

What I'm saying is that when Diggs comes back next season, this secondary is going to need a nickname.

conner01

Reaction score

Yep, we will soon have to pay him and it’s gonna be expensive. But that’s a good problem to have

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Diggs made All Pro the year he led in INT's.

This is crazy. it was just a few seasons ago when the Cowboys couldn't buy an INT.

From 2015 to 2020 the Cowboys had 10 or less INT's per season. For those six seasons combined they were ranked last with 53 INT's. So far, in the two and a half seasons from 2021 to 2023 they have the same number of INT's, 53. that puts them in first place for that time period.

From worse to first under Dan Quinn, thanks to Diggs, Bland and the others.
I remember calling out our busts at Cb like Claiborne and Newman, etc. I would get all the usual insults back about how I didn't know what I was talking about, and LOLing at the Eye Test showing us that the CBs in those days were not getting the job done.

Today, we have CBs that do pass the Eye Test, and of course they actually get interceptions unlike previous over-hyped, over-rated, and under-achieving CBs. Diggs and Bland are doing more in single seasons than previous said CBs did in their entire careers in Dallas.

Proof

Reaction score
beginning to see it lol