NFL | League announces plans for Sunday night games

VACowboy

Reaction score
FLcowboy said:
With more Cowboys games on regular TV, what's the value of NFL ticket?

I watch football and football-related shows from 8:30 AM on Sundays during football season until well after midnight. I'm a HUGE Cowboys fan, but I love watching other games too, and with Sunday Ticket I get to watch the Skins, Beagles and Gints get beat, regardless of the network broadcast maps. And then there's high def...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
It want be long, maybe we can watch a game each night of the week....

lspain1

Reaction score
Rack said:
I don't live in Dallas and have never went to a bar to watch a game. And I've never missed a cowboys game.

So, more to the point, YOU ARE WRONG.

Rack, Texas is probably the only place in the country where you can live so far away from your team's home city and still get them as part of the home viewing area. If San Antonio were ever to get an NFL team your situation would undergo a significant change.

Sunday Ticket is pretty much a necessity here in Florida for us Cowboy fans because there are 3 teams here competing for a fan base that pretty much encompass the state. Even with frequent national games, Dallas is sometimes not televised locally.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gibbs II said:
Oh ok that makes sense right, because if the tickets are already sold an many people have other obligations they have to attend to, they should just say "ehh screw that".

Im all for staying out late for a football game, I plan on going to the skins vikings game on MNF, but not everyone is going to sacrifice a lot just to go to a "football game" if they planned for a 1 or 4pm game, especailly if they only go to one or 2 games a year.

I mean, I can see this totally working out because hey, 12 days notice and they can give the seats away, or they can come late to work, but all im saying, is i can see how this would backfire in some ways.
STOP WHINING! Geez, you Commanders fans need to grow some. This sounds like something Gibbs himself would say. Whine whine whine. Don't worry, though, the skins likely won't be in the hunt for these additional primetime games, unless they're playing American's Team, of course.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Rack said:
I don't live in Dallas and have never went to a bar to watch a game. And I've never missed a cowboys game.

So, more to the point, YOU ARE WRONG.

Oh good God...OK I should have said if you don't live in the Dallas Cowboy VIEWING area...Be it Texas...Oklahoma...Louisiana...Where ever they don't show Cowboys Games on a regular Basis...You WILL miss Cowboy Games... Period..Or there wouldn't be a need for Sunday Ticket...In that I think that most people by the Ticket to see their Favorite Team that they Can't watch on a regular basis

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
theogt said:
If a team is hot and getting bumped to prime time they're not gonna have a problem selling tickets. Think before you post. This isn't ES.

One thing that should be considered...Is outta town fans that fly in to see their favorite team and schedule flights with 3 weeks in advance (or more) notice to save on airfare.

If I bought Dallas tickets for a 1 PM game and scheduled myself to fly back to the east coast at 8 PM 3 weeks in advance...Only to find out my game was re-scheduled to 8PM that night...and to find out it would cost me $500 to change my flight arrangements...I would be upset.

I guess "out of town fans" will have to keep this in mind now when they plan a trip.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
lspain1 said:
Rack, Texas is probably the only place in the country where you can live so far away from your team's home city and still get them as part of the home viewing area. If San Antonio were ever to get an NFL team your situation would undergo a significant change.
Sunday Ticket is pretty much a necessity here in Florida for us Cowboy fans because there are 3 teams here competing for a fan base that pretty much encompass the state. Even with frequent national games, Dallas is sometimes not televised locally.

Then he would know what we are talking about.

Of course he hasn't missed any games...He's probably in the Cowboys Home veiwing area like you said...

That's like saying I havn't missed any Browns games...and I don't need the Ticket...Well of course I'm not going to miss Browns game here...I live in their Home Viewing area...But I WILL miss Cowboy games just like the other people in the 46 or so states That DON'T show Cowboy games on a regular basis.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Odds are 3 to 1 that the owners will change this system next year to allow the move of a team so many times.
Other than that the Boys had better get used to playing on Sunday night a few times this year.

Kchunda

Reaction score
This where I admit that I've actually been too hungover to go to the bar so I just watched the CBS Sportsline update online and listened to the game via web radio out of El Paso or something. . .

Not doing that this year though. . . :)