NFL Mock Draft after 2 weeks of FA - Simulator- toughness for the playoffs

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
1 - #26 - Dawand Jones 6'8 375 Ohio RT - this guy just has the toughness that this OL is missing in the playoffs. Can play RT or LG
2- #58 - Steve Avila 6'3 332 TCU LG - and you have the best OL in football now. LG
3 - #90 - Keeanu Benton 6'4 315 - DT - in round 3 this is a great potential fit for Dallas and their scheme.
4 - #129 Luke Schoonmaker 6'5 251 TE - the TE room is restocked - great blocker and smooth 4.63 speed

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep, I'd kill the cat
We've put more than enough top draft resources into the OL and now we're double dipping?
It's likeyou WANTED my Saturday to get off to A bad start....

Landryhat73

Reaction score
1 - #26 - Dawand Jones 6'8 375 Ohio RT - this guy just has the toughness that this OL is missing in the playoffs. Can play RT or LG
2- #58 - Steve Avila 6'3 332 TCU LG - and you have the best OL in football now. LG
3 - #90 - Keeanu Benton 6'4 315 - DT - in round 3 this is a great potential fit for Dallas and their scheme.
4 - #129 Luke Schoonmaker 6'5 251 TE - the TE room is restocked - great blocker and smooth 4.63 speed
Don’t understand the fascination with Jones? In my opinion he is only a RT and wouldn’t offer up anything better then Steele. If we could get your 2nd, 3rd and 4th round selections, it might be as perfect as you can get. Not sure what was left in the 1st but Robinson or Gibbs with the crew drafted in rounds 2-4 would be awesome.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Yep, I'd kill the cat
We've put more than enough top draft resources into the OL and now we're double dipping?
It's likeyou WANTED my Saturday to get off to A bad start....
Lay off the Brittany spears mate. And your cat don’t like you anyway

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Don’t understand the fascination with Jones? In my opinion he is only a RT and wouldn’t offer up anything better then Steele. If we could get your 2nd, 3rd and 4th round selections, it might be as perfect as you can get. Not sure what was left in the 1st but Robinson or Gibbs with the crew drafted in rounds 2-4 would be awesome.
He plays like Eric Williams. With this OL, you take the 49ers in the 2nd half of a playoff game and punish them. Without, Dak is under pressure and under performing again.
Biadiaz is a pro bowl center in his last year also. You won’t sign Steele and Biadiaz. If you let them go you save cap space for Micha Diggs and Lamb

Landryhat73

Reaction score
He plays like Eric Williams. With this OL, you take the 49ers in the 2nd half of a playoff game and punish them. Without, Dak is under pressure and under performing again.
Biadiaz is a pro bowl center in his last year also. You won’t sign Steele and Biadiaz. If you let them go you save cap space for Micha Diggs and Lamb
Doesn’t Steele play similar, look what happen to the run game after he went down. Zack Martin believes he is the best run blocker he has ever played with. I wouldn’t be surprised if Steele gets a contract extension this year, he is a restricted free agent who isn’t making near his market value coming off an injury. Something along the lines of 4 years $60. In my opinion Biadasz would be easier to replace. Hypothetically in this draft if Dallas had the next they could get a center in the 2nd I would be comfortable with.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Doesn’t Steele play similar, look what happen to the run game after he went down. Zack Martin believes he is the best run blocker he has ever played with. I wouldn’t be surprised if Steele gets a contract extension this year, he is a restricted free agent who isn’t making near his market value coming off an injury. Something along the lines of 4 years $60. In my opinion Biadasz would be easier to replace. Hypothetically in this draft if Dallas had the next they could get a center in the 2nd I would be comfortable with.
Steele is coming off serious injury and in his last year. He will over paid somewhere else. RT is certainly easier to replace than pro bowl center and you want the continuity with the QB and center. However I am convinced they are both too costly and the draft falls perfectly to have high quality and toughness at a much more economic 4 year cost. You don’t to lose Micha , Lamb and Diggs for two overpaid Oline that are not LTs

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I appreciate your understanding of line play making a winner and am not opposed to taking a tackle with the first selection as one book-end is returning from surgery (see Gallup's slow recovery) and the over/under on the other bookend lasting past week five without missing significant time is set at even odds. Does look a little peculiar taking two back-to-back though. Hey, who knows how the board may fall by the 2nd round.

I like the 3rd round selection of Benton but I’m not down with Schoonmaker. Luke just looks to close to the old school stereotypical Cowboys TE. I’d prefer someone that could stretch the seam as opposed to old reliable. We still need playmakers.

Like the avatar – who can argue with Chachi Arcola?

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
I appreciate your understanding of line play making a winner and am not opposed to taking a tackle with the first selection as one book-end is returning from surgery (see Gallup's slow recovery) and the over/under on the other bookend lasting past week five without missing significant time is set at even odds. Does look a little peculiar taking two back-to-back though. Hey, who knows how the board may fall by the 2nd round.

I like the 3rd round selection of Benton but I’m not down with Schoonmaker. Luke just looks to close to the old school stereotypical Cowboys TE. I’d prefer someone that could stretch the seam as opposed to old reliable. We still need playmakers.

Like the avatar – who can argue with Chachi Arcola?
Thanks. Can you believe that guy above? He’s basically saying he doesn’t want Micha Parsons on the on the team. Who can talk with that guy?

He’s been Chachied. Deserved it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would actually love this draft. I would dump Tyron right after the draft and sign Wagner.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch Dawand Jones. The guy literally can't move. Watch the combine.

tm1119

Reaction score
Where are you getting Jones at LG from? Don’t believe he’s ever played there, and it’s highly unlikely he ever will.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It makes no sense whatsoever to dump Tyron.
Probably not now. I would have done it already.

If they are going into the season depending on both Tyron and Steele to play 17 games, then any chance of a SB type season is already done. NO way Tyron lasts an entire season. And besides we saw that line already and it wasnt good enough.

Also not just about THIS season. Tyron is definitely gone after this year and Steele is no sure thing either.

rambo2

Reaction score
Probably not now. I would have done it already.

If they are going into the season depending on both Tyron and Steele to play 17 games, then any chance of a SB type season is already done. NO way Tyron lasts an entire season. And besides we saw that line already and it wasnt good enough.

Also not just about THIS season. Tyron is definitely gone after this year and Steele is no sure thing either.
Well with the shortage of offensive linemen that would be a terrible idea. By dumping Tyron, that would be the equivalent of him being out for the entire season. It certainly would be better to have Tyron for 7 or 8 games than having him for none. A good chance that they use Tyron as the swing tackle. They could very well draft a guard or tackle in the 1st round.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well with the shortage of offensive linemen that would be a terrible idea. By dumping Tyron, that would be the equivalent of him being out for the entire season. It certainly would be better to have Tyron for 7 or 8 games than having him for none. A good chance that they use Tyron as the swing tackle. They could very well draft a guard or tackle in the 1st round.
We have seen the last 5 years that counting on Tyron is death sentence of the team and for the season.

ONLY way it makes any sense having him on the team is as a backup. And he is way overpaid for that. We MUST draft a guard or a lineman in the first round or 2nd and he must be starter capable.