NFL Playoff Generator

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
That thing is kind of depressing, Dallas has to almost win out to get in.

willia451

Reaction score
Doomsday;2485517 said:
That thing is kind of depressing, Dallas has to almost win out to get in.
Not really. If all goes down as you would expect, the most important game is obviously the Philly game. If we beat the NYG and Philly, Bal become almost irrelevant.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
willia451;2485570 said:
Not really. If all goes down as you would expect, the most important game is obviously the Philly game. If we beat the NYG and Philly, Bal become almost irrelevant.

That is probably true, I had us losing to either NY or Philly and beating Baltimore.

willia451

Reaction score
Doomsday;2485589 said:
That is probably true, I had us losing to either NY or Philly and beating Baltimore.
Yes. And even if we get just a little help from either Cincy or Cleveland this weekend, our prospects improve considerably. Not expecting that. But, any given Sunday.

What the generator tells me however, is, the most important game remaining on our schedule is the Philly game at the end.

Unfortunate. Because, it will also be THEIR most important game as well. And we are on the road. We'll just have to make it happen.

Go Cowboys!!!

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We could actually lose to the Giants this Sunday, and win the last two and still get in. We would just need the Eagles to beat the Skins in week 16 and we're in if we beat Philly in Week 17. If the Skins win, the poop hits the fan

Week 15

Tampa/Atlanta - either - only thing we don't want is a tie
Philly and Wash - win
Chicago - win

Week 16

Need philly to beat Washington, which they should
Atlanta and Tampa can both win
Chicago - win
We would need to beat Baltimore

Week 17

Just comes to us beating Philly and as long as they handle their business in week 16 vs. the Skins, no matter what the other teams do, we're in!!

tiny tim

Reaction score
willia451;2485610 said:
Yes. And even if we get just a little help from either Cincy or Cleveland this weekend, our prospects improve considerably. Not expecting that. But, any given Sunday.

What the generator tells me however, is, the most important game remaining on our schedule is the Philly game at the end.

Unfortunate. Because, it will also be THEIR most important game as well. And we are on the road. We'll just have to make it happen.

Go Cowboys!!!

Yes that game against the Eagles might in a way be a playoff game. It will be a hard road game for the Cowboys,but the way I look at it is if the Cowboys do get in the playoffs they will also have some hard road games in the playoffs. Also I have faith that the Cowboys can beat any team no matter where they play.

Who knows how all this will play out,but on December 28th the Commanders,Falcons,Bears might be knocked out of the wildcard race. It could just come down to either the Cowboys and the Eagles fighting for the 6th seed playoff spot. If the Cowboys and Eagles win their next 2 games the Cowboys would just need to either win or tie to get in the playoffs and the Eagles would have to win. The Eagles would be a half a game behind us. So if we tie both teams would have the same record, but the Cowboys would win the tie-breaker since the Cowboys beat the Eagles once and the next meeting both teams tied. So things could get really interesting that Cowboys and Eagles game goes into overtime.

willia451

Reaction score
tiny tim;2485710 said:
Yes that game against the Eagles might in a way be a playoff game. It will be a hard road game for the Cowboys,but the way I look at it is if the Cowboys do get in the playoffs they will also have some hard road games in the playoffs. Also I have faith that the Cowboys can beat any team no matter where they play.

Who knows how all this will play out,but on December 28th the Commanders,Falcons,Bears might be knocked out of the wildcard race. It could just come down to either the Cowboys and the Eagles fighting for the 6th seed playoff spot. If the Cowboys and Eagles win their next 2 games the Cowboys would just need to either win or tie to get in the playoffs and the Eagles would have to win. The Eagles would be a half a game behind us. So if we tie both teams would have the same record, but the Cowboys would win the tie-breaker since the Cowboys beat the Eagles once and the next meeting both teams tied. So things could get really interesting that Cowboys and Eagles game goes into overtime.
Completely agree. That last game in Philly, WILL probably be a playoff game for us AND them. Whoever wins that one, will probably be the one to get in.

The results of Week 15 will bring a lot of clarity to this mess.

Go Cowboys!!!

IlliniNation

Reaction score
I had us beating the Giants, and Ravens, then losing to the Eagles and still getting in. Not sure how I did it again but Dallas showed up as the 6th seed and Washington the 5th. Still so many scenarios possible.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IlliniNation;2485749 said:
I had us beating the Giants, and Ravens, then losing to the Eagles and still getting in. Not sure how I did it again but Dallas showed up as the 6th seed and Washington the 5th. Still so many scenarios possible.

That would take Atlanta beating Tampa Bay this week
Arizona beating Min. this week

Washington beating Philly in Week 16
San Deigo beating Tampa in Week 16
Min. beating Atlanta in Week 16

willia451

Reaction score
IlliniNation;2485749 said:
You probably had Wash losing to Cincy in week 15. That would get you there.

Go Cowboys!!!

jmause3

Reaction score
this week will clear up a lot. I see Philly winning their next two games though, that tie is really turning out to help Philly in the long run

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
willia451;2485769 said:
You probably had Wash losing to Cincy in week 15. That would get you there.

Go Cowboys!!!

Nope, Wash. can go undefeated the rest of the way, and still we'd make it, if the above happens. (this includes us losing to Philly)